Plateau on cycle

Reaction score
U put 30 pounds on so that means u need more food to feed those 30 pounds.

Be happy with the gains u made and from now until the end of your cycle just train hard and let your body acclimate to those gains.

Also are you advising that I increase my calories? My maintenance calorie intake is around 3500 and I'm already in a surplus of 500. Wouldn't I just put on unnecessary fat?

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
U put 30 pounds on so that means u need more food to feed those 30 pounds.

Be happy with the gains u made and from now until the end of your cycle just train hard and let your body acclimate to those gains.

This right Hurr! I would be happy with 30lbs and surprised more didn't mention upping your calories. Slowly increase your calories and go from there.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
What do you think about adding the EQ though

Your first cycle I think it's unnecessary honestly. 30 lbs is alot. It's not all muscle but even even if u keep 10 solid pounds of muscle from that then it's a fantastic cycle.

Don't go crazy with adding compounds yet. Be patient. That will make your next cycle that much better after taking a break from everything. In my experience u get better gains starting fresh with different compounds rather than adding them mid cycle like u want to do. You have added a lot of size and eq for 10 weeks might not do much for youto be honest. You don't wanna be ****ing around with high rbc and BP on your first cycle. That's my opinion.

Reaction score
Your first cycle I think it's unnecessary honestly. 30 lbs is alot. It's not all muscle but even even if u keep 10 solid pounds of muscle from that then it's a fantastic cycle.

Don't go crazy with adding compounds yet. Be patient. That will make your next cycle that much better after taking a break from everything. In my experience u get better gains starting fresh with different compounds rather than adding them mid cycle like u want to do. You have added a lot of size and eq for 10 weeks might not do much for youto be honest. You don't wanna be ****ing around with high rbc and BP on your first cycle. That's my opinion.

Thank you.
Although I was thinking. If I donate blood and keep my BP in check, would there be no issue? Would it be so bad to strive for another 10-15 lbs by the end of cycle. Maybe it's just me, I've always been ambitious. I just feel that if I can make more gains, why not?

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You should be automatically banned for telling a twenty year old on his first cycle to add in tren. Then for ten weeks? On the long ester?. I'm baffled on your ****in logic. I wish village idiots earn themselves * next to o their names. So nobody took their advice seriously.

Ok he is going to compete next year.
Nobody asked if he was blasting / cruise.
Nothing.
PCT.

I mean what the **** is going on in this thread.
One of the only few smart response s I read told you to do the right thing and get bloods.

Also read GetSomes thread on first cycle.

Damn I'm not sure how any advice can be given with out more info from the OP.
Let us all just slew from thy mouth and blurt whatever comes to mind.

The old Bundy would have came through and talk a ton of shit ALREADY.

Second most note worthy post .... You gained 30 pounds ......

****in ****s. I'm going to have to go into pfm mode with the shit talk.

Reactions: bvs

nastyNate

Reaction score
^^^ automatically banned? sure if necessary. Like I said, I refrain from lecturing usually and stick to answering questions. There are so many reasons doing anything more than test is a bad idea for this kid. Shit, there are so many reasons doing any aas is bad at this age but its done all to often. From an endocrine standpoint I wouldn't touch anything exogenous until late 20's at the earliest. Over the years Ive become tired of saying the same thing over and over about walking the conservative line so quit. Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities.

op what superbane said is totally true. Its your body and you have to live with the consequences in either case.

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
He needs to eat.... 175 at 5'11 sorry is pretty small. You should eat you self to 200lbs. Than look at training an diet .
@800 a week you should still be making slow gains that's a lot of test for 1st time use.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OP, the Bros on here are trying to look out for you. You've made tremendous progress and now its time to let your body adjust to this new mass, check your bloods to see how you are REALLY reacting to the exogenous Test (as opposed to just how you feel) and to adjust your diet / recalculate your TDEE so you can keep your new mass.

I would 2nd reading Get Some's thread covering PCT (you DO have your PCT planned out & readily available, yea?) and focus now on cementing your gains rather than adding a new compound to your 1st cycle. Plenty of time to experiment down the road. For now, enjoy the fact that you achieved your cycle goals and learn how to come-off successfully.

woodswise

Reaction score
1. I would stick with the original plan and run the cycle for 16 to 24 weeks.

2. Those initial 30 lbs is at least 10 lbs water and another 10 lbs of fat. How much muscle did you gain? Maybe 5 lbs, and maybe 10 lbs. One of the reasons your gains have slowed is your body is reaching equilibrium and you are no longer gaining water. What you need to do now, is stay in a Kcalorie surplus so you continue to make modest gains the rest of the cycle. I would shoot for 1 to 2 lbs per week at the most, and maybe only 1 lb per week.

3. Adding equipose now would be a mistake. You need to run that for long periods to see any gains, and it raises your RBC and blood pressure. So your gains won't be much on it even as you increase your risk of heart attack due to increased RBC.

4. You say you are an overachiever. By this I think you mean your goal is to maximize gains at all times. Me too. But what I have learned over time is you can gain only so much from the AAS in a given time. Maybe 1 to 2 lbs of muscle per month on average. If you try to push it, you won't increase your gains as much as you increase the negative side effects and fat gains. It is far better to start out at low levels, take the newbie gains as they come, then start to increase on future cycles after you know what works for you and what does not. This is because your body adapts to the AAS and metabolizes it more efficiently over time at whatever levels you become accustomed to using it. So as a result of starting out at high levels you can easily end up needing much higher levels of AAS to make the same gains you could have made on half the amount if you had started at lower levels.

5. Some of the best advice I have had about AAS is to keep the dose as low as I can and still see decent results, and not to change up my plans mid cycle (i.e. to stick with the original plan).

Good luck bro and keep us posted on your progress.

Reaction score
You should be automatically banned for telling a twenty year old on his first cycle to add in tren. Then for ten weeks? On the long ester?. I'm baffled on your ****in logic. I wish village idiots earn themselves * next to o their names. So nobody took their advice seriously.

Ok he is going to compete next year.
Nobody asked if he was blasting / cruise.
Nothing.
PCT.

I mean what the **** is going on in this thread.
One of the only few smart response s I read told you to do the right thing and get bloods.

Also read GetSomes thread on first cycle.

Damn I'm not sure how any advice can be given with out more info from the OP.
Let us all just slew from thy mouth and blurt whatever comes to mind.

The old Bundy would have came through and talk a ton of shit ALREADY.

Second most note worthy post .... You gained 30 pounds ......

****in ****s. I'm going to have to go into pfm mode with the shit talk.

I didn't think it necessary to mention my PCT, as that is a given... I covered the majority of my information in my introduction thread, however I see now I should have included it. Although I don't think anyone would have bothered to read that much. You just seem to be frustrated with yourself to be honest, however I will look into GetSome's thread and already have planned to get my bloods done next week.

Reaction score
1. I would stick with the original plan and run the cycle for 16 to 24 weeks.

2. Those initial 30 lbs is at least 10 lbs water and another 10 lbs of fat. How much muscle did you gain? Maybe 5 lbs, and maybe 10 lbs. One of the reasons your gains have slowed is your body is reaching equilibrium and you are no longer gaining water. What you need to do now, is stay in a Kcalorie surplus so you continue to make modest gains the rest of the cycle. I would shoot for 1 to 2 lbs per week at the most, and maybe only 1 lb per week.

3. Adding equipose now would be a mistake. You need to run that for long periods to see any gains, and it raises your RBC and blood pressure. So your gains won't be much on it even as you increase your risk of heart attack due to increased RBC.

4. You say you are an overachiever. By this I think you mean your goal is to maximize gains at all times. Me too. But what I have learned over time is you can gain only so much from the AAS in a given time. Maybe 1 to 2 lbs of muscle per month on average. If you try to push it, you won't increase your gains as much as you increase the negative side effects and fat gains. It is far better to start out at low levels, take the newbie gains as they come, then start to increase on future cycles after you know what works for you and what does not. This is because your body adapts to the AAS and metabolizes it more efficiently over time at whatever levels you become accustomed to using it. So as a result of starting out at high levels you can easily end up needing much higher levels of AAS to make the same gains you could have made on half the amount if you had started at lower levels.

5. Some of the best advice I have had about AAS is to keep the dose as low as I can and still see decent results, and not to change up my plans mid cycle (i.e. to stick with the original plan).

Good luck bro and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice

New Threads