Recovering from multiple short cycles vs fewer long ones

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
Looking for input from anyone with experience recovering from multiple short cycles (4-6 weeks) over the course of say, a year, versus recovering from one really long one. Did you feel any benefit to recovering just once a year after maybe a 4-6 months on, over being shut down and trying to recover over and over during the same time frame? I imagine sides from the short ones would be considerably reduced vs the longer cycles, but would there be any benefit to multiple easier recoveries vs that one hard one?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive never set out to run a short cycle but have been interrupted a few times for a host of reasons. The recovery is easier but IMO not worth the trouble to run a short one on purpose. Just when things got rolling it was over, it use to really make me wonder what if and that made recovery even more sour. Especially when I considered the gear wasted. Ive thought about this a lot from time to time because I remember being in very good cardiovascular shape at those times. I cant say the short cycle had anything to do with it though. I prefer 12 weeks 16 at the most that has always been where I had my best progress during and after the cycle.

Are you considering a couple of short cycles WH?

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
Are you considering a couple of short cycles WH?

If I could convince myself it were worth it. I'm always open to something new. This last run for me was all long esters, and even so, I seemed to explode the first 9 weeks, with almost no appreciable gains made from 9 to 14. The only real change at that point was breaking out for the first time in my life. Keeping my e2 down did nothing for this. Have been cruising the last 6 to let the deca clear. This made me think if I could get the same results with a shorter cycle on short esters, then I might try it. I'm not looking forward to PCT after 20 weeks. Would almost even consider joining the B&C ranks if I weren't still in my early 30's.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if memory serves me correctly wasn't it you that mentioned the study of the mind and environments effects on natural test production? I wonder if knowing I only had a few weeks to peek had an effect on my results on those short cycles.

Id definitely follow a log if your going to run a few short ones.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I could convince myself it were worth it. I'm always open to something new. This last run for me was all long esters, and even so, I seemed to explode the first 9 weeks, with almost no appreciable gains made from 9 to 14. The only real change at that point was breaking out for the first time in my life. Keeping my e2 down did nothing for this. Have been cruising the last 6 to let the deca clear. This made me think if I could get the same results with a shorter cycle on short esters, then I might try it. I'm not looking forward to PCT after 20 weeks. Would almost even consider joining the B&C ranks if I weren't still in my early 30's.

Ran short bursts 10wks on 8off and then another 10 on... High tren ace low test. Started off at 600 tren wk for 5 wks and finished around 800 wk. Honestly I love short cycles with tren... My lipids don't tend to be so bad when I keep it 10-12 wks... BP and estro was on the bad side mainly because I didn't give blood before my run and the asin I had from a pep company was bunk. Also I've ran a 24 wk with deca/test and honestly I felt like longer than 16 wks was a waste of gear. But that's because I didn't change up doses or compounds when I plateaued. I prefer shorter cycles man. Just feels easier to me for recovery

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As DYS would say. " steel is a blast and explode guy"
So I got nothin.

woodswise

Reaction score
I have been all B&C since I started: 20 to 24 weeks blasting and 4 to 8 weeks cruising. I can't imagine myself cycling, even much longer cycles.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on a 8 week cycle. This will be my shortest time being on. Let's see what happens.....

Reaction score
There's a thread on another forum about really short cycles say after a contest prep or a cut, because this is when your body is primed and you make awsome gains for a while after dieting down. It basically says that once you reach the peak of a cut or straight after a show prep, use high doses of short esters for 4-6 weeks.

It stemmed off a thread someone make about doing mini cycle / PCTs a bit like this. His idea was to use high doses and short esters/orals for 4-6 weeks, full PCT, time on + PCT = time off, repeat.

Reaction score
4-6 weeks is pointless, all you are goiung to gain in that length of time is water bloat and glycogen retention

You are better off running 250-500mgs of test e for a year than doing multiple cycles of much higher dosages.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
4-6 weeks is pointless, all you are goiung to gain in that length of time is water bloat and glycogen retention

You are better off running 250-500mgs of test e for a year than doing multiple cycles of much higher dosages.

That's TRT homie and no you don't make bigger gains, you maintain with this. Show me someone who's on a TRT script and over 260 without running at least 2 blasts a year.

Reaction score
That's TRT homie and no you don't make bigger gains, you maintain with this. Show me someone who's on a TRT script and over 260 without running at least 2 blasts a year.

You can make gains on 250mgs test, its argued that 250mgs isnt much more than natural test production.
I can tell you from experience 250mgs compared top nothing is a world apart.

When you say 260, what BF% do you have in mind, because anyone can get to 260 taking 250mgs test if they get fat enough.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My boy BrotherIron is 290lbs and pretty god damn strong. On trt only.

But where is the fun in that?

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started my test run in april.. started with sus and mast
.from April until late july..... gained alot of size and then I did test c at 200 mg 1nce e5days...

I'm now back on a little bit of prop and mast.....I liked cruising but didn't work out much...

Now taking test a and mast p until January 1st and then natty until march

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
shorter cycles can and do produce good gains with possibly less sides.
=If you're a national competitor then shorter cycles are probably not right for you but for any other bro I think its a good idea. Yeah you won't gain AS much with a short cycle but you won't lose as much either post cycle due to the shorter time off. Now in the long run say over a course of a year of doing a few 4-6 week on and similar off you might just end up with the same results as taking a couple of long cycles with less ups and downs and even less side effects.