HIIT nutrition/supp critique

Reaction score
plagued by recent injury iv had to temporarily post pone my winter bulk and any heavy lifts. in efforts to not lose my mind im experimenting with a four week cut. looking for advice on nutrition and and supps during this period.

what is an ideal pre workout meal for a HIIT training session? i usually shoot for a protein/fat based meal 1.5-2 hours pre workout.

what is ideal post workout meal? from what iv read i need to take in protein/carb based meal.. should my post workout carb intake be the same as any other day? (50-70grams sugar from gatorade powder)

what non aas supplements are actually worth taking for a cut? based on research iv narrowed it down to carnitine, cla, green tea extract

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Supps on a cut are a waste imo. Except ephedrine and caffeine.

For HIIT you definitely want a meal of protein and carbs. For the carbs around training time I use a mix of long and fast usually. Graham crackers are a good choice because they are dry and won't make you want to barf. But if you do it doesn't taste too bad

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Skip the supps. What are your stats?

Reaction score
27 years old. lifting natural over a year. 6'2. was down to 196 at 10% about 8 weeks ago. bumped up my cals to about 36-3800 and am sitting at 220lbs @ 14%.. hitting up puerto vallarta in about a month so im looking to lean up a tad before i go. training isnt an issue for me its understanding tdee and dialing in the nutrition and timing.

Speaking of mexico.. from what iv understand you can buy pharm grade gear relatively easy.. anyone have experience with this? perhaps ill create another thread..

POB your saying protein carbs before? and after?

New Threads