Alchohol and bodybuilding

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The fact is 90% plus of those of us on here will never compete or even get close to that level ... My issue with driving are the bad decisions I've made while drinking ... from driving to extra-marital affairs ... skipping workouts ... the list goes on and on ... I quit over a year ago and don't miss it .. I was never an alcoholic .. just someone who made bad decisions while drinking and looking back knowing that I would not have made those same decision without drinking ... it is often the unintended consequences that most affect the quality of our lives ... for my live I want to be clear minded making all decisions going forward.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yaya is jacked and drinks like a fish.

#progenetics

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yaya is jacked and drinks like a fish.

#progenetics

UG folks are always up my ass about health being priority #1 and say looks are less important. So, doesn't matter if anyone is swole/looks great.

This thread should be filled with "longevity", "healthy", and attacking alcohol.

Alcohol is poison, though. I drank daily at one point

I'll never understand why people choose alcohol to get buzzed/****ed up when you have drugs like MDMA, weed (although i hate weed), opioids that wont harm you.*

*They only harm by addiction. It's not my problem if someone gets addicted. Alcohol is just as addictive.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best thing any member can do is get loaded on booze and then sign back in to SI and then post away on this thread

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Everything in moderation, including moderation. I'm definitely someone that has, and needs to cut back at times. Ideally, I would prefer to not drink at all but I find I also enjoy it. The times I regret it are when it leads to a hangover the next day and I'm not 100% in the gym, or life in general.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
UG folks are always up my ass about health being priority #1 and say looks are less important. So, doesn't matter if anyone is swole/looks great.

This thread should be filled with "longevity", "healthy", and attacking alcohol.

I'll never understand why people choose alcohol to get buzzed/****ed up when you have drugs like MDMA, weed (although i hate weed), opioids that wont harm you.*

*They only harm by addiction. It's not my problem if someone gets addicted. Alcohol is just as addictive.

you had me right up until opioids. You dealt can’t be soft enough to say opioids won’t harm you...

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd rather drink a couple of 30 packs of natural light, snort a gram each day of the devils dandruff before taking opioids.. all while hitting the gym and loving jesus the whole time

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I am sold next date night wont be a meal and a few bottles of wine. I going to get me and the Mrs a bag of heroin for the health benefits

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am sold next date night wont be a meal and a few bottles of wine. I going to get me and the Mrs a bag of heroin for the health benefits

Amazing
. And true
"Hey honey, I was wondering if we can cancel the dinner reservations and just stay home and swallow a bag full of Suboxone and order a chicken parm sandwich if we somehow get hungry and dont shit ourselves"

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you had me right up until opioids. You dealt can’t be soft enough to say opioids won’t harm you...

Did you read?

"..they only harm through addiction.."

Alcohol=highly hepatotxic.

Opioids, benzodiazepines, etc=negligible organ damage, if any

Health problems/disease happens through the choices made while addicted. Alcohol ruins the body without being an alcoholic.

PLEASE read what I write folks. People get mad at me due to not reading.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd rather drink a couple of 30 packs of natural light, snort a gram each day of the devils dandruff before taking opioids.. all while hitting the gym and loving jesus the whole time

"..not my problem if someone gets addicted."

Opioids aren't hepatotoxic. Or neurotoxic. Alcohol is.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

In Europe, "heroin" is used in ERs and human grade.

Addiction makes you buy diamorphine on the street.

Human grade Diamorphine is no more harmful than codeine or any opioid.

Alcohol is the one that's hepatotoxic and neurotoxic.

Ergo, other drugs are safer. That's been my point the whole time.

It takes idioticy to believe alcohol is safer on a "facts only" basis.

Addiction causes the safer drugs to be harmful and injurious to your health.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Amazing
. And true
"Hey honey, I was wondering if we can cancel the dinner reservations and just stay home and swallow a bag full of Suboxone and order a chicken parm sandwich if we somehow get hungry and dont shit ourselves"

That's close to my other point.

You want to get ****ed up or buzzed. So you choose alcohol.

You already chose a moral "wrong" to get ****ed up.

Why damage your liver, brain, and CNS in order to get ****ed up? Choose the least harmful options.

Using "healthier" options to get ****ed up is the only factor I'm using.

"Healthier"=not taking into account a person's addiction risk. The other choices, like opioids, may be more harmful due to addiction. That's why I said "getting addicted is not my problem".

I only look at organ, brain, and CNS harm without the health damage that arises from being addicted from the safer compounds.

Reaction score
The answer as to “why” is because alcohol is legal. The rest of the drugs you suggest are not. While I understand that the members of this board are not concerned with the legality of things, the general public is.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
20190607_161702-1.jpg

Here's what I'm relaxing with today. Pretty strong, bold but smoooth.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have so many friends that have died under the age of 40 due to booze... tons.. so many.. a shit bunch

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
While I tend to disagree with Hulk on lots of things, he is correct in a way. Open your mind for a second.

A heroin addict with a source of pure heroin can go his entire life injecting daily. So long as he is smart about how he takes his medicine and doesnt OD (which is actually not very hard to do with pure heroin) he will never face any health consequences from his addiction. It will destroy no organs whatsoever. The worst of his physical issues will be bowel impaction.

But someone who smokes cigarettes (though largely socially acceptable) will almost definitely die prematurely from their drug of choice. The same could be said of sugar.

And whether people want to believe it or not, in the days before fentanyl, there were thousands upon thousands of functioning heroin addicts who you would never guess had a problem.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Trust me i feel so bad for Anyone who gets hooked on any drug
.. but camt compare the 2 unless a full blown drunk

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
But once again, I will say, unless you are predisposed to schyzophrenia, cannabis is the perfect drug. There are strains now for all users and all moods and the wonderful plant can do nothing whatsoever to harm or addict you. The physical and mental benefits seem inexhaustible actually.

New Threads