On the bright side!

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
I’m skinny. Been skinny my whole life. Now I’m really getting somewhere bodybuilding and I get this HUGE GUT. I was warned and I prepared myself. The food baby is real!
Indent for CJ. On the brighter side! I went to pool for my sons bday inside and for the first time felt like a fat person. My wife told me one time hay really sticking out huh lol. She’s a big girl wasn’t being mean but it made me feel more fat. I don’t want to feel that way again.
What to do? Make friends. I think of mine as a camel hump! It’s where all my power is stored. If I don’t have it I would starve. I tell myself I would be weak without it. My step dad is huge natty(black dude) camel hump. So I made up my mind. Bigger is better. Once I’m 20-30 lb over my top goal then do my cut and maintenance. That’s years away. So for now make friends with your hump. It Helped me out in the brain box hope this could help one of y’all.
Keep Bangin

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Bet you will find a week of not eating at a surplus your belly will drop

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good for you, but the thought of a future 20-30lb cut makes me hungry and irritable.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What Trump said, and I'll add that if you ever feel really gross, cut carbs waaaay back for a few days, continue working out, the bloat will drop and you'll feel better.

Only if it's bloat though, not fat. :32 (20):

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I made friends with mine years ago lol.. it's all a part of it. I'm rocking a nice hump currently myself.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Holding too much body fat is one of those things that increases the likelihood of gaining more fat. Adipose tissue is an aromatization site. The fatter you are, the easier it is to gain fat.

Drop the cals, drop the hump. I had skinny man's dysmorphia once, so I understand. Break the psychological hold the scale has over you and get better.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Definitely happy growing quickly! But the fat can’t stay haha. Definitely cutting down carbs and all junk other than cheat day. A more cleaner, slower bulk will be next phase. Happy for now with my bump my bump my lovely BB bump haha :32 (1):

Gabriel

Reaction score
I'm old school about training.....Bulk or Cut but not both at the same time..Just my-.02

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont understan the correlation between bodybuilding and growing a gut ... are you drinking alcohol ... how many calories are you eating daily ... what are eating ... what are your macros ... it's one thing to bulk for 3 to 4 months and increase bodyfat by 5% along with 10 pounds of muscle ...

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
No booze for me. Eating everything I can get my hands on haha. Really only watching cals and protein. I’m new and just starting. Just getting my body used to growing. Super happy so far. Fat is probably very minimal. The food baby is food. Digest slowly cuz it’s super packed. I stuff two people food in one whole. I’m super happy and started this to help other new guys learn to be happy too :32 (19):