Favorite cheat meals and amount/wk

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on a 2500 calorie diet while on a cycle. I'm in the process of figuring out exactly or around where I loose and gain weight while cycling and lifting etc. One day a week I CHEAT and indulge in something I'm craving lol. I wanna know what some of your favorite cheat meals are and how many times you cheat a week?
Once a week I can't resist grabbing some peanut butter cups lol. Ill cheat once sometimes twice a week when I decide to drink as well.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I stay away from the alcohol, and just eat everything in site. do a little more AM fasted cardio when my pants start getting too tight. Last time I set down and figured it up I was eating around 4500-5500 cals/day. This is not ideal for bodybuilding i'm sure, but it keeps me steadily growing. 1lb per week on blasts

in other words,.. I cheat every day :)

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I cheat once every 6-8 weeks. Usally, Five Guys followed by Cold Stone.

Are you trying to loose weight or short? The reason I ask is that's not much in regards to calorie count. I just want to make sure your not falling for the "500 calories over maintenance" bullshit. When I'm gaining (like now) I stay between 5-6K calories a day (clean calories) on workout days and 4500-5k on off days.

I'm 6'2" 235 and 9%

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Alcohol shuts down the liver from processing protein and alcohol also contains ridiculous calories that the liver recognizes as sugar and in turn stores as fat, but since it's already a fat and not a sugar it affinity to "store" is increased.

One great cheat is popcorn. I pop my own corn in SFO or SSO and enjoy with no salt or butter.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont like cheat meal they awake the taste buds and make u wanna pig out

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I eat like a slob everyday. Cheat 24/7

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I find that exact same thing, if i eat no junk food or crap its like i forget the taste and recent memories of eating the crap.. also as long as i feel full ill never want to eat junk

Cashout

Reaction score
What's a "cheat meal?" I know not of what you write. :)

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is the truth.

I don't follow a real strict diet but for me a cheat is ice cream or a candy bar.

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I plan on increasing my calories by a lot I just have a little fat to loose and don't want to gain any more with a huge calorie intake.

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy shit lots of u guys eat lots of Cal's. I'm going to start eating lots more haha, but good Cal's. I've cut down on drinking tremendously bit I do still have a few once in a while.
Pfm popcorn's bomb for sure.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy shit lots of u guys eat lots of Cal's. I'm going to start eating lots more haha, but good Cal's. I've cut down on drinking tremendously bit I do still have a few once in a while.
Pfm popcorn's bomb for sure.

I LOL'd for real when you said 2500 a day. Thats about enough for an anorexic teenage girl, not a full grown man on a cycle trying to make gains.

theminister

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
KFC every six months, and its a big fuck off bucket of it too!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Monday cheat
Some kind of fatty meat like ribs or something

Tuesday cheat
A sleeve of rice cakes with butter spread on them

Wednesday cheat
Giant stack of pancakes for dinner

Thursday cheat
Gigantic roast beef sub from my favorite place and fried mac and cheese bites

Friday cheat
I make my own egg rolls at home with shrimp and a ton of veg. Not so much a cheat except I deep fry the shit out of them.

Saturday cheat
Orange Leaf frozen yogurt with my fiance and daughter (so long as my daughter eats her dinner). Usually get a mix of peanut butter and chocolate and then bury in crumbled PB cups and reese's pieces.

Sunday cheat
My fiance makes pizza Sunday nights. I'll bury one and a half of them.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Monday cheat
Some kind of fatty meat like ribs or something

Tuesday cheat
A sleeve of rice cakes with butter spread on them

Wednesday cheat
Giant stack of pancakes for dinner

Thursday cheat
Gigantic roast beef sub from my favorite place and fried mac and cheese bites

Friday cheat
I make my own egg rolls at home with shrimp and a ton of veg. Not so much a cheat except I deep fry the shit out of them.

Saturday cheat
Orange Leaf frozen yogurt with my fiance and daughter (so long as my daughter eats her dinner). Usually get a mix of peanut butter and chocolate and then bury in crumbled PB cups and reese's pieces.

Sunday cheat
My fiance makes pizza Sunday nights. I'll bury one and a half of them.

I see your New Year's Resolution Diet is starting off with a bang.....kudos

Really though....not so bad, some healthy things in there that I would not consider cheats.....kudos

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see your New Year's Resolution Diet is starting off with a bang.....kudos

Really though....not so bad, some healthy things in there that I would not consider cheats.....kudos

It's an improvement. Really though once I cut the sodium out of my diet, I stopped feeling like I'm having a heart attack around the clock.

I still eat major excess cals, but I've cleaned it up significantly. And my cheats are based on my training schedule.

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I eat super clean monday thru saturday morning, I hit legz on saturday afternoon order my fav pizza (MUGS BACON ONION DOUBLE DOUGH) mid workout, then rush to the pizza place as soon as Im done a eat 14' inches of heaven!! POWWW!! During the week 5100-5300 cals, and I drink on saturdays, WHISKEY water and ice, its an improvement lol.

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Worm I've only been eating 2500 for like a week usually I'm around 3500 + lmao. Guess it was a bad idea lol!!!

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I'm at 3000 now and upped my protein intake. I was eating a gram per pound now I'm trying 1.5 per pound

pirovoliko

Reaction score
So I'm at 3000 now and upped my protein intake. I was eating a gram per pound now I'm trying 1.5 per pound
You need tobe a bit more scientific about it...figure out your maintenance cals (see spongy or go online for the formulas) needed and adjust according to goals...