Binged out for two days, need to reel it in, diet advice needed

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You might note the delineating factors between BED and compensatory bulimia.

buck

Reaction score
No you just try really hard to sound smart but you lack the cognitive ability
I will give that profound thought all it is due. Please keep posting you sage advice so i may learn from the great seer himself.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I will give that profound thought all it is due. Please keep posting you sage advice so i may learn from the great seer himself.
It’s okay buck keep popping useless supplements because a big name says so

buck

Reaction score
Here, I helped you find an easily digestible Wikipepedia entry:

Thanks. But when i want the definition of a word a go to the dictionary usually.
"an act of excessive or compulsive consumption (as of food)"

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Yes oh wise one. Your wish is my command.
Oh no you do you. Harvard would never sully its good name.
“Idk the difference between eating disorders and healthy eating because it was never presented with crayons and coloring book with paint by numbers”

buck

Reaction score
Oh no you do you. Harvard would never sully its good name.
“Idk the difference between eating disorders and healthy eating because it was never presented with crayons and coloring book with paint by numbers”
So that is your learning method. Good to know. Thanks.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
2500 feels fine but 2000 makes you feel weak, low energy, and mental acuity is fucked?

I hate to tell you this, but that's mostly in your head. If you need to lose 40lbs then you are carrying all the extra calories you need on your body itself.

Make a diet plan you can adhere to strictly and enjoy. Make sure it's high protein, and back fill with carbs and minimal fats. Develop a healthy and sustainable relationship with food.. STOP binge eating. If you feel the urge to binge eat then go drink 2-3 glasses of water instead.

"Reeling it in" is simple if you let it be... It's easy to give into your urges; that's how you got fat in the first place. Fight against your own mental weakness, make a diet plan, and stick to it.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Also, personally what I like to do is start my calories at the stated BMR while at rest. Weigh myself daily and at the end of 7 days take the average of all those weight measurments. Repeat this every week and compare the amount of weight lost/gained from week to week.

Adjust calories up by 100-150 per week until you are not losing weight. That amount is the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight. From there, if you want to lose weight while then subtract as many calories as you can.... aim for a minimum of a 500 calories deficit. This is 3500 calories in a week, which should have you losing 1lb per week.

You will eventually get to a point to where your deficit becomes your new maintenance caloric intake. Once you get to a point where you are no longer losing weight, then adjust calories downward again by another 250 calories to start losing weight again.

When you can't reduce calories further, because your energy is impacted significantly, then increase the amount of cardio you are doing to help create a larger caloric deficit.

Reaction score
What do those 1500-2000 calories usually consist of? How much protein, carbs and fat do you usually eat in a day?

I've only been tracking for about 6 weeks, but it has changed my approach towards everything. People on this forum have been a great help to me, and they can be a great help to you as well.

Sorry for the late reply, I smashed my fucking phone up.

That's a great question and actually you asking this question caused me to reset my diet a bit once I cleared the food out of my fridge last week. What I had been eating is a oatmeal for breakfast, ceasar salad for lunch and dinner was these rice and veggie bowls, but then sometimes my job would mandate me for a bunch of overtime and I'd skip a meal leading to all those ~1500-1800 calorie days which totally crashed my energy levels and sent my hunger to the moon. Also I decided I'm gonna quit smoking weed until I'm at my goal weight and I can afford to eat a little more, because that's what ultimately began the binge eating for them two days.

My girl and I just went shopping and meal prepped for this week, what this week looks like is for breakfast having these baked peach oatmeal squares (~390 cal) and the Egg+Egg whites (241 cal) I've seen you guys eating for a total of 631 cal, for lunch having a chicken ceasar (I love ceasar and can eat it every fucking day no problem) 615 cal betwen the chicken, romaine and briannas asiago ceasar, and for dinner we are making Pad See Ew with black sauce and tri tip for 1260 cal, the noodles only account for 230 calories and the sauce is another 150, so the rest is straight beef and greens (bok choy, my favorite).

So my total calories per day for this week will be 2506 calories per day. Now I haven't calculated the actual macros yet, but there's plenty of protein, and if the eggs for breakfast ends up being too much volume (haven't made that yet so idk if it's gonna be like a mountain of fucking eggs) then I'll prob cut the eggs in half and fill in the 120 calories with oranges or something..

Reaction score
2500 feels fine but 2000 makes you feel weak, low energy, and mental acuity is fucked?

I hate to tell you this, but that's mostly in your head. If you need to lose 40lbs then you are carrying all the extra calories you need on your body itself.

Make a diet plan you can adhere to strictly and enjoy. Make sure it's high protein, and back fill with carbs and minimal fats. Develop a healthy and sustainable relationship with food.. STOP binge eating. If you feel the urge to binge eat then go drink 2-3 glasses of water instead.

"Reeling it in" is simple if you let it be... It's easy to give into your urges; that's how you got fat in the first place. Fight against your own mental weakness, make a diet plan, and stick to it.
I had not actually tried 2500 calories yet at the time of writing that post, but I think you're right and the fatigue was more caused by not sleeping right, or just being burnt out from work. I have shift work disorder that I'm currently trying to deal with, my job can mandate me for a full overtime shift at any point, 5 times a month.. So I do my normal 8 hours where I get off at 11pm, they can call me at any time and say hey you're staying another 8 hours, so I get off at 7am the following morning.. Fucks my energy levels and I need to learn to cope with it.. And no getting another job isn't an option lol cuz I just finished college specifically with the goal in mind to get this job.. And it pays incredibly well. So I'll just have to manage for now, and I think skipping the gym on days when they do me like that and sleeping the ~6 hours I can manage before my next shift is the way.. And going the next day after 8 hours of sleep.

However I do think 2000 was too low, my fully rested BMR is just north of 2000 calories and I'm going hard as fuck at the gym so 2500 is a nice compromise from the crash dieting while still being a steep cut.

Reaction score
Also, personally what I like to do is start my calories at the stated BMR while at rest. Weigh myself daily and at the end of 7 days take the average of all those weight measurments. Repeat this every week and compare the amount of weight lost/gained from week to week.

Adjust calories up by 100-150 per week until you are not losing weight. That amount is the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight. From there, if you want to lose weight while then subtract as many calories as you can.... aim for a minimum of a 500 calories deficit. This is 3500 calories in a week, which should have you losing 1lb per week.

You will eventually get to a point to where your deficit becomes your new maintenance caloric intake. Once you get to a point where you are no longer losing weight, then adjust calories downward again by another 250 calories to start losing weight again.

When you can't reduce calories further, because your energy is impacted significantly, then increase the amount of cardio you are doing to help create a larger caloric deficit.

This is a good method! I like that. And thank you for the honest criticism in both posts, that's exactly what I needed and need going forward.

I already bought groceries to go 2500 calories per day this week, and the food is dank as fuck so I can absolutely adhere to it.. I am doing 4 days lifting and cardio in the gym this week, so if I lose weight at 2500 I think I'll just keep doing 2500 per day and keep cutting until my weight loss slows to a halt. I like the idea of simply adding more cardio after that so I can go on eating, because a motherfucker loves food. And I'm good at cooking it too! I'm gonna post up my cooking this week for my meal prep in the food thread.

Cheers boys, thanks for all the advice!

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
This is a good method! I like that. And thank you for the honest criticism in both posts, that's exactly what I needed and need going forward.

I already bought groceries to go 2500 calories per day this week, and the food is dank as fuck so I can absolutely adhere to it.. I am doing 4 days lifting and cardio in the gym this week, so if I lose weight at 2500 I think I'll just keep doing 2500 per day and keep cutting until my weight loss slows to a halt. I like the idea of simply adding more cardio after that so I can go on eating, because a motherfucker loves food. And I'm good at cooking it too! I'm gonna post up my cooking this week for my meal prep in the food thread.

Cheers boys, thanks for all the advice!
Just be aware that doing cardio is far less efficient than simply cutting calories. For example; for every 10,000 steps walked you are burning maybe 250-300 calories (conservative estimate).

Personally I like combining a moderate reduction of calories with low intensity cardio.

Good luck

Reaction score
Just be aware that doing cardio is far less efficient than simply cutting calories. For example; for every 10,000 steps walked you are burning maybe 250-300 calories (conservative estimate).

Personally I like combining a moderate reduction of calories with low intensity cardio.

Good luck

I walk 10k steps at work every day so that's cool. I had just been ignoring that in my estimations for diet but good to know. What about high intensity cardio? Do you think the "calories" meter on the cardio machines at the gym is accurate?

Thanks for the advice, hopefully I'll be significantly slimmer and stronger in 5 months, thats the goal.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I walk 10k steps at work every day so that's cool. I had just been ignoring that in my estimations for diet but good to know. What about high intensity cardio? Do you think the "calories" meter on the cardio machines at the gym is accurate?

Thanks for the advice, hopefully I'll be significantly slimmer and stronger in 5 months, thats the goal.
The calorie meters on the machine are definitely not accurate. I wouldn't focus on any machine or smart watch that tells you how many calories you think you burned. Just do the work, watch the scale, and if the weight is going down then you are doing fine. If the scale isn't moving or it's going up then you need to reduce calories, increase activity, or both.

New Threads