Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

on a side note, at least he made the lift

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seen stars many times and about to pass out when you realize your hearing is going. After any heavy lift, I take a knee just incase. Dudes lucky he didnt crack his head on something.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You titled this thread wrong. You're supposed to hold your air on a lift. Sometimes you pass out. It's hard work.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
That was something else, now I'm scared to deadlift lol. Glad hes alright.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You titled this thread wrong. You're supposed to hold your air on a lift. Sometimes you pass out. It's hard work.

Yup, some even hold for multiple reps at a time. I though, cannot.

How else would he keep that belt tight.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He did hit his head hard on that machine pillar though.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He did hit his head hard on that machine pillar though.

Naw, that was his upper back. He would have for sure been out longer or worse if that was a head crack.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dang. That was terrible. His head hit pretty hard. Nice pull though from a deficit, hes strong.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Naw, that was his upper back. He would have for sure been out longer or worse if that was a head crack.
His head hitting is what woke him back up.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had no intention to down talk this guy, hell of a lift imo. I guess i'm not trying hard enough because I've only came close to passing out, never actually done it

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
You need to let the air out at some point before lockout and if doing reps your retake your air and repeat, I reset the whole life on reps.

When you lock your hips your air should be coming out not standing there holding it in.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
That's is give us a damn edit button like other boards have I hate typos.

Pretty damn silly not having an edit button IMO.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You need to let the air out at some point before lockout and if doing reps your retake your air and repeat, I reset the whole life on reps.

When you lock your hips your air should be coming out not standing there holding it in.

I can hold air for a few quick reps... Not usually deads though. But I don't let out at the top so I can control the decent enough to get a good lift

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just breathe as fast as I can all the time. Feels good man.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I can hold air for a few quick reps... Not usually deads though. But I don't let out at the top so I can control the decent enough to get a good lift

You don't let it all out at the top lol.

You actually let air out squatting and pulling during the lift only bench you hold it in forever. The grunt and noise made pulling and squatting has air leaving you.

It's a technique only Powerlifter seen to have and for me it's hard to explain but squatting up you are releasing air pulling up also but not all or even a lot of it but you are especially at lockout.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
You don't let it all out at the top lol.

You actually let air out squatting and pulling during the lift only bench you hold it in forever. The grunt and noise made pulling and squatting has air leaving you.

It's a technique only Powerlifter seen to have and for me it's hard to explain but squatting up you are releasing air pulling up also but not all or even a lot of it but you are especially at lockout.

Shirted benching is when it's held in forever but still towards lockout air gets released.

New Threads