how long does insurance take

Reaction score
So been a week since my accident
Dudes clearly at fault. Cops didn't even ask my side of the story. We're under the same insurance. My guy says they can't do anything til his guy can get ahold of him. Meaning my car's sitting in the parking lot still, they won't tow it to evaluate damages or anything, won't give me a rental or anything... I've got a base rental for a week out of pocket in hopes of getting it reimbursed by insurance after it all.

The dude I have clearly sucks; when I answered his calls he said he had to ask me some questions about the accident. I said great let's go ahead. "Well now I've got to find the questions, I didnt think you were gunna answer 😁" ok dumbass whyd you call me then...

Anyway the idiot says they can't move forward with the claim at all til they get other guys side of the story, which is the one on the police report (they didnt even ask me for a story which is bullshit). So it's a fratdude that just keeps declining their calls or something. I asked what happens if he just keeps declining the calls forever then dpes it never go forward... Dude says "eventually we'll move things along regardless" Well how long til that happens... because you've let it go on for an entire week... "Can't provide a concrete time"

How is this supposed to go? How long does this usually take? My dad says we use this insurance even though its more expensive just because it has excellent service. So now we're never using them again after this because clearly they fucking suck

Kraken

Reaction score
When I was married, my (now ex) wife was in a minor accident every 6 months and a major one every 18 months. I'm very glad to have her off my policy! Anyhow, you can go through your company or his, but you said it's the same company. Anyhow, I have never experienced what you describe. I would decide which company to use (mine is USAA) and file the claim. Usually the next day they would call, take a statement and then tell us to take the car to a garage of our choice. Yes they have a list and if I was happy with a place on their list I would use it, but you. an go wherever you want.

If the claim was big enough, as in the every 18 month accidents, they would send a guy out. Usually if the shop was on their list they would just accept the shop's evaluation. They then approve the claim, the shop does the repairs and done. This process to get the work going never took more than several days tops.

You said "my guy can't do anything..." Who is your guy? If you're dealing with anything resembling a major insurance company, call them directly, and make sure the claim is filed. I have worked with USAA, Progressive, Allstate and a few others and never had "a guy," I just call the claims number for the company.

So, I suggest you stop dealing with this guy and call the company. If you did and that's how you got this guy, well call them back and bitch.

Reaction score
When I was married, my (now ex) wife was in a minor accident every 6 months and a major one every 18 months. I'm very glad to have her off my policy! Anyhow, you can go through your company or his, but you said it's the same company. Anyhow, I have never experienced what you describe. I would decide which company to use (mine is USAA) and file the claim. Usually the next day they would call, take a statement and then tell us to take the car to a garage of our choice. Yes they have a list and if I was happy with a place on their list I would use it, but you. an go wherever you want.

If the claim was big enough, as in the every 18 month accidents, they would send a guy out. Usually if the shop was on their list they would just accept the shop's evaluation. They then approve the claim, the shop does the repairs and done. This process to get the work going never took more than several days tops.

You said "my guy can't do anything..." Who is your guy? If you're dealing with anything resembling a major insurance company, call them directly, and make sure the claim is filed. I have worked with USAA, Progressive, Allstate and a few others and never had "a guy," I just call the claims number for the company.

So, I suggest you stop dealing with this guy and call the company. If you did and that's how you got this guy, well call them back and bitch.
its usaa. and by my guy I mean the idiot theyve got "handling" my case. its been a week now and they still wont tell me where to tow the car or anything.

Kraken

Reaction score
its usaa. and by my guy I mean the idiot theyve got "handling" my case. its been a week now and they still wont tell me where to tow the car or anything.
I have been a member of USAA for 40 years. They have processed auto, homeowners and even personal floater claims for me many times and I have never, ever experienced anything like you describe. Really, after opening the claim, I have brought the car to a shop on their list, and the shop handled it. Call them back and bitch at them. I have never had a bad experience with USAA. Don't put up with this nonsense.

Reaction score
I have been a member of USAA for 40 years. They have processed auto, homeowners and even personal floater claims for me many times and I have never, ever experienced anything like you describe. Really, after opening the claim, I have brought the car to a shop on their list, and the shop handled it. Call them back and bitch at them. I have never had a bad experience with USAA. Don't put up with this nonsense.
I've talked to this idiot several times. Should I just call the main number instead of his extension and ask to get someone else?

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Wow. I've never had to file an auto claim I have filed a homeowners claim for water leak damage once and it was relatively quick

Reaction score
the guy covering my claim has a voicemail saying his office hours are 7-4 my time. he wont pick up til afternoon as usual. So I'm guessing these people are all remote and not doing shit.

Voicemail also listed managers extension. Office hours 7-4:30. But its 10:30 and he's still not working either so that's great

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Call Rob Gronkowski LOL

Honestly brother, that's some serious BS. I had a claim with a different company: not USAA. My company asked if the truck was drivable and if I needed a loaner. It was drivable but when it came time to do the repairs, they had a rental company meet me at the shop.

Insurance of all kinds are just an ass fuukin when you really need them. Don't pay your bill or answer your phone for awhile. Then when they do get you, tell them you'll look into the payment in a few weeks and see how that works out.

Reaction score
Well over a month after the accident.

So I got a copy of the 911 call a witness made putting the guy at undeniable fault. Insurance is acting like theyre having trouble getting the file and shit and dragging things out even further.

Now that I can prove the little weasel fuck lied to the cops and insurance, I could just say fuck the insurance company and sue the jackass responsible directly 🤷‍♂️ thatd make me a lot happier to see him actually face consequences for being a little piece of shit. He kept coming up to me at the bars saying how he had to fix his wheel "where I hit him" like he didnt run the fucking stopsign and hit me. Gotta make this weasel fuck have some sort of consequence....

Kraken

Reaction score
Most likely your policy gives you a choice: You handle it or let them handle it, not both. I'm amazed this is still going on!

Reaction score
Most likely your policy gives you a choice: You handle it or let them handle it, not both. I'm amazed this is still going on!
its been more like "we'll handle it with the company's best interest in mind"
but yeah we're at 5 weeks now... avoid USAA

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
he can also get a lawyer who will go after the other guys insurance, who coincidentally also happens to be softwares insurance.

This is what I would do; which will be more painful for them financially than if they'd stop dicking out and pay on the policy or their insured.

Reaction score
I won fellas 😎 5 weeks later
whoever that anonymous witness was saved my ass. dashcams from here on out 🤣 not dealing with this shit again.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah i would have called the 800 number and asked them to switch u to someone else, usaa has never been hard to deal with for over 20 yrs… check in the mail within a week or car fixed asap with a rental…

Id call every day until they changed u to a different person

Glad its now behind u… id also form a formal complaint because u never know if “ur guy” they placed u with just happen to be buddies with the other driver

Weirder shit has happened

New Threads