Strange PIP

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started NPP/TPP last week on Monday. The first shot was left delt, I never felt a thing. I was surprised being a short ester I thought I was supposed to get pip like people do with prop but, I never felt anything at all the day after or following days. Then on Tues I did right ventro then left ventro on Friday. I did get normal pip that I've experienced before, some soreness in the muscle area. I thought next time I'll warm the oil to see if that helps.

Well this past Monday I was supposed to do right delt. I put the vial on a heating pad for a little bit, let it warm up a bit. It just felt a little warm after a while, not hot. It drew easy and when I injected, went in easy, last few times it was hard to push in. Well after I think I felt a little bit but, not much, next day everything fine. Then all of a sudden last night in the middle of my sleep I started feeling sharp pain in my right delt and instead of it feeling like the whole muscle is sore with normal pip, it's like it has a center point, I guess you could say the actual injection point/site it feels like there's a middle point where there's the most pain but, if I touch the delt the entire thing feels sore like a bruise, like if you would touch a bruise and you would feel some pain, that's exactly how it feels.

It was pretty bad in the middle of the night and this morning and I started wondering if I'm getting an infection but, it's not red or pink or nothing, there's no discoloration. After the gym it's feeling a little better right now but, if I try to rotate my arm I can feel it. It has that middle point where it's the most sensitive/painful right now if I put pressure right on that middle point where I would have done the injection it feels like a bruise.

What could this be? Anybody have pip like this before? Is it even pip? I started freaking out a bit earlier today wondering what it could be never felt anything like this. I started wondering if i'm infected and if they will have to cut it out etc. but if it's infected, it would be red? Are there any other signs if it would be an infection? Usually on my delts I use two alcohol wipes, I'll use one and if I see dirt, I'll use another one until there's no dirt coming off. I was sure I wiped the vial also and I switched drawing pin, put on a fresh pin before injection. I used a 25g 1" everything went fine on my left delt. No idea what happened.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just a guess but maybe you nicked a vein and developed a hematoma. At this point if you don't have a fever you are not likely to have an infection. Take some Ibuprofen and try that heating pad on your shoulder. If you do develop a fever, redness and swelling go see a doctor.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's possible that you got a bit of a bleed from the pin. Take care of it like Capt said & all should be good in a few days.

g0re

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Make sure you inject nice and slow. When the oils warm it will flow real easy and if you don't really take your time and push fast, it will cause pain for a couple days.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Use ice not heat for the soreness.

I usually go Ice for the first 48 hrs after an acute injury then heat there after. For some chronic injuries repeated applications of Ice can be helpful. Just my opinion YRMV.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Make sure you inject nice and slow. When the oils warm it will flow real easy and if you don't really take your time and push fast, it will cause pain for a couple days.

I actually was trying to go slow as possible, because in that other thread on here where heating methods were being discussed a couple people had said that they don't heat, they just go slow and there's no pip so I had that in mind. However, I also considered that the oil flowing easy might have had to do with it, I might have thought it's going slow but, it's actually going fast. So my only reason to heat it was for less pip and if it's cold and is hard to push I don't really mind it since it goes slow. So I might just not heat it anymore. Yesterday I was doing left delt and didn't heat it. I just feel a little (barely) normal pip where you feel it in the whole muscle. It was just odd on my right delt that there's a center point which feels like the pain is coming from the injection point itself. It's starting to heal, and is starting to go away.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I started NPP/TPP last week on Monday. The first shot was left delt, I never felt a thing. I was surprised being a short ester I thought I was supposed to get pip like people do with prop but, I never felt anything at all the day after or following days. Then on Tues I did right ventro then left ventro on Friday. I did get normal pip that I've experienced before, some soreness in the muscle area. I thought next time I'll warm the oil to see if that helps.

Well this past Monday I was supposed to do right delt. I put the vial on a heating pad for a little bit, let it warm up a bit. It just felt a little warm after a while, not hot. It drew easy and when I injected, went in easy, last few times it was hard to push in. Well after I think I felt a little bit but, not much, next day everything fine. Then all of a sudden last night in the middle of my sleep I started feeling sharp pain in my right delt and instead of it feeling like the whole muscle is sore with normal pip, it's like it has a center point, I guess you could say the actual injection point/site it feels like there's a middle point where there's the most pain but, if I touch the delt the entire thing feels sore like a bruise, like if you would touch a bruise and you would feel some pain, that's exactly how it feels.

It was pretty bad in the middle of the night and this morning and I started wondering if I'm getting an infection but, it's not red or pink or nothing, there's no discoloration. After the gym it's feeling a little better right now but, if I try to rotate my arm I can feel it. It has that middle point where it's the most sensitive/painful right now if I put pressure right on that middle point where I would have done the injection it feels like a bruise.

What could this be? Anybody have pip like this before? Is it even pip? I started freaking out a bit earlier today wondering what it could be never felt anything like this. I started wondering if i'm infected and if they will have to cut it out etc. but if it's infected, it would be red? Are there any other signs if it would be an infection? Usually on my delts I use two alcohol wipes, I'll use one and if I see dirt, I'll use another one until there's no dirt coming off. I was sure I wiped the vial also and I switched drawing pin, put on a fresh pin before injection. I used a 25g 1" everything went fine on my left delt. No idea what happened.

Sounds like you missed and pinned in between muscle heads.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't like to heat up my gear and risk
Any type of contamination. The vile
Should be sterile and once you puncture
It you want to keep it that way. Changing
The temperature back and forth from hot
To cool I don't think is good.
But it sounds like maybe some of the oil
Settled in the injection spot. This can
Cause irritation. And usually happens
When injecting large volumes or you
Have scar tissue your hitting.
Do you feel a small lump?
I always massage the injection spot
For a minute to make sure the oil
Doesn't settle in one spot. Usually
With my fist or ill lean on the corner
Of a wall and work it in
How manny CC's did you inject?

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've always warmed up gear in the past and never had issues but, I see what you're saying anything's possible. I did massage the area, I always do that as well, the one time I didn't I had really bad pip, ever since always massage. scar tissue crossed my mind also, delts are the most common place I hit. I only injected 1.5 cc. I don't feel any lump at all.

I don't like to heat up my gear and risk
Any type of contamination. The vile
Should be sterile and once you puncture
It you want to keep it that way. Changing
The temperature back and forth from hot
To cool I don't think is good.
But it sounds like maybe some of the oil
Settled in the injection spot. This can
Cause irritation. And usually happens
When injecting large volumes or you
Have scar tissue your hitting.
Do you feel a small lump?
I always massage the injection spot
For a minute to make sure the oil
Doesn't settle in one spot. Usually
With my fist or ill lean on the corner
Of a wall and work it in
How manny CC's did you inject?

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tonight was the night to do right delt again. This time, I couldn't get the needle in all the way, with about a 1/4" sticking out, if I tried to push it in any further, it felt very painful so I had to leave it out that much while I did the injection. Is that scar tissue?

mattyice

Reaction score
As Capt Ron said... NSAID and heat should bring some relief.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tonight was the night to do right delt again. This time, I couldn't get the needle in all the way, with about a 1/4" sticking out, if I tried to push it in any further, it felt very painful so I had to leave it out that much while I did the injection. Is that scar tissue?

Scar tissue won't hurt when you pin. You probably went up against a nerve.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Ok just not sure what's going on lately. Have been pinning delts for almost a year now and never hit a nerve or vein or any other issue. Has been my best spot to pin. Now all of a sudden my right delt giving me problems. I've always used slin pins for delts so didn't want to think its scar tissue. On blast I use 25g 1"

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Correct, hitting scar tissue itself won't
Cause pain. It's injecting into or around
The scar tissue that doesn't allow the
Oil to absorb and causes it to settle and
Sit there that will cause some irritation
And discomfort.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Not sure. Usually when you hit scar tissue
It's hard to inject the fluid if not impossible.
You have a problem there and you
Shouldn't have continued to inject
Into that spot. Injecting only half way
In with a 1 inch needle you may not
Be injecting deep enough into the muscle
Either.
If you ever have pain like that or can't
Put the needle all the way in do not
Continue the injection. Pull it out
Switch needles and hit a different area.
Is there a reason you just don't hit
Alternating glutes? That's your best and
Easiest spot.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Usually when you hit scar tissue
It's hard to inject the fluid if not impossible.
You have a problem there and you
Shouldn't have continued to inject
Into that spot. Injecting only half way
In with a 1 inch needle you may not
Be injecting deep enough into the muscle
Either.
If you ever have pain like that or can't
Put the needle all the way in do not
Continue the injection. Pull it out
Switch needles and hit a different area.
Is there a reason you just don't hit
Alternating glutes? That's your best and
Easiest spot.

That's true, I shouldn't have continued with the injection. For sure I was deep enough though, like I said I'm used to pinning with slin pins and for sure I was in more than I would have been with a slin pin. I'm using 1" pins and the space that was sticking out was barely even a 1/4" but, I see what you're saying. I'm just a little sore today with a little pip like usual but, nothing crazy and definately not like last week where there was some kind of sharp pain radiating from the injection site.

I don't inject glutes anymore because I drew blood once. It's also awkward trying to reach around. I do hit ventros now but, I have to pin 3x a week so I'm still rotating in delts so that each spot has enough time to recover. I guess I could consider quads, but the first few times I tried to inject test into quads I got major pip and even after a few times wouldn't go away but, at that time I was going in from the top/side, now I go in directly from the side. Either way going in from the top or side I don't have any issues injecting vit. d there but, for some reason test gave me major pip.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I can't pin my right delt anymore. I thought everything was fine since I just felt normal pip yesterday but, last night god damn the intense pain started, it didn't really seem like it was radiating from the injection point but, the whole delt in a lot of pain. It woke me up at 3:30am and was having difficutly getting back to sleep, tried biofreeze and another topical to try and get some relief didn't really help, then I took two advil (nsaid) as a last resort and that killed the pain completely pretty quickly and I was able to get back to sleep. I'm feeling quite sore now, the advil has probably worn off don't want to take more so just going to ride it out. Don't know wtf is going on with my right delt, pissing me off. I guess I'm just going to have to pin ventros and left delt now.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Advil won't harm you. Go ahead and
Take it if you're in pain.
It's probably best that you do. It's
An anti inflamitory, sounds like maybe
You have some inflammation possibly
Pressing on a nerve. The Advil is taking
The pressure off.
Don't hit that delt for a good month and
Let it heal. Then try it again if you want.

New Threads