Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I prefer this one...

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well, at least they aren't guilt of false advertising... they admit that planet fitness isn't a gym.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How about this one. I can't stand PF, where I live there are about 12 of these worthless places within driving range. Funny this is my brother-in-law was boasting, "I got a 10/month pass" then I said to him how many times did you go since you had it for 8 months, his answer "2" ......

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
pizza, bagels and cupcakes? I guess if you make all of your members fat, then they have to come back to work out.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol, WTF CUPCAKES????? How do they get away with open discrimination?? I`d like to see a gym advertise no fat asses allowed.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol...so let me get this strait, if you walk into a planet fitness and you actually look like a body builder or power lifter do they turn you away? Pizza Monday does sound kind of cool though lol.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol, WTF CUPCAKES????? How do they get away with open discrimination?? I`d like to see a gym advertise no fat asses allowed.

Ha...I guess That's why they feed you all that bullshit to keep your ass fat.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wonder if I could get a handjob instead of a pat on the back.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just what everyone needs, a gym where no one looks good, no one improves to the point where they look good....

so basically people just go there and spin their wheels and make no progress. really good gym concept.

I wonder if you're a member, and you aren't jacked, and then you get jacked working out there, are you then ostricized and banned?

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I feel like joining one of these place just to get kicked out.

Reaction score
Haha no it's not like that, there's plenty of big guys in nipple showing cut offs at the PF I workout at. They just dont like people PURPOSELY slamming stuff on the ground. If it happens a few times oh well, they don't make a deal about it unless your being "that guy".

I really like it there, everyone is nice, it's pretty chill, and open 24/7. There's an anytime fitness I used to go to and I hated it, seemed like whatever time you went there someone was trying to pick a fight or would go out of their way to try and be a dick.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol...so let me get this strait, if you walk into a planet fitness and you actually look like a body builder or power lifter do they turn you away? Pizza Monday does sound kind of cool though lol.

A friend of mine told me his buddy went to get a job at PF and was turned away before even applying bc he was too muscular.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha no it's not like that, there's plenty of big guys in nipple showing cut offs at the PF I workout at. They just dont like people PURPOSELY slamming stuff on the ground. If it happens a few times oh well, they don't make a deal about it unless your being "that guy".

I really like it there, everyone is nice, it's pretty chill, and open 24/7. There's an anytime fitness I used to go to and I hated it, seemed like whatever time you went there someone was trying to pick a fight or would go out of their way to try and be a dick.

I had a membership at one time, and then I realized that they do not have a squat rack at any PF location, nor do they allow deadlifts. After taking a barbell off a bench press to do deadlifts, doing 2 sets, and being interrupted in the middle of the third to be told that deadlifting isn't allowed at PF I immediately cancelled my membership and left.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

How do you not purposely slam down +400 lb deadlifts, rack pulls, etc. ?

That's it...I am going to find one by me and go shit in their urinal.

Reaction score
How do you not purposely slam down +400 lb deadlifts, rack pulls, etc. ?

That's it...I am going to find one by me and go shit in their urinal.

Simple...The don't have the capacity to do anything near +400 lbs.

I'll ashamedly admit I go to PF...for one somple reason: it's $10 a month! (money's tight!)

I've belonged to other gyms, and I'm sure I'll go back to a "hardcore" gym eventually.

It's what you make of it. The one I go to has every type of person...middle and high-school kids, your normal, cool, 20, 30, 40 year olds, moms, dads, out of shape people (hey, at least they're trying), and there's even a few meatheads!

The newer ones (like the one I go to) have a few (3-4) smith machine/racks, some decent Hammer Strength machines, and dumbbells up to 100's. I can pretty much get everything I need to get done there...if there was more, I'd use more.

I don't understand why people bash it so hard (yes, it deserves a little bashing, but not as much as it gets!). Like i said: it's a gym, it's whatever you make of it. As far as people who go there and have no friggin clue what they're doing: yes, it's annoying, but at least they're trying.

Reaction score
I had a membership at one time, and then I realized that they do not have a squat rack at any PF location, nor do they allow deadlifts. After taking a barbell off a bench press to do deadlifts, doing 2 sets, and being interrupted in the middle of the third to be told that deadlifting isn't allowed at PF I immediately cancelled my membership and left.

They have 3 smith machines for squats and bench, their smith machines are at at like a 10 degree angle so its a little more natural and not straight up and down. Still not the same as regular squats and bench but as long as you are doing dumbbell press and lunges to work he minor muscles then your good to go.