Here it goes again...

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jesus I am sorry to hear this brother. BUT I am glad you posted this. At least for me it makes me think, and I hear you loud and clear...

Cashout

Reaction score
Got a brief text this morning and my "podna" is settled in his new "digs" in the University Cardiac Care Unit. He made the 210 mile trip by ambulance yesterday afternoon and it was pretty rough on him from what I read. They are going to observe him for the next 72 hours and then prep for the surgery that I've described previously.

Reaction score
Hope your bud gets better man. Maybe after this trip he'll straighten out and start sharing his story to help others, just as you're doing. Appreciate the heads up!

Cashout

Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with my boy's brother. The family met with the attending cardiologist and cardiovascular surgery team this morning at 8 am.

They are proposing 3 separate procedures! Yup - THREE SEPARATE SURGERIES!!!!!

The first is done with a laser and will be performed to remove the scar tissue that has accumulated on the muscle tissue. It is currently covering about 60% of the surface area of his wall. It has to be removed because it is not allowing a proper contraction of the muscle. This is a new process and the cardiovascular surgeon has done it several times in the past 5 years.

The second surgery will be a "scraping" of heart tissue called septal myectomy where they try to remove the excessive muscle tissue that has developed in the heart. If successful it will help restore his left ventricular and its ability to pump the blood.

The last thing he will have to have is a quintuple bypass - yes - that is 5 blockages! They noted that he has 5 restrictions that are not addressable by non-surgical means. They will pull a vein out of his leg and use it to reroute the blood flow around the blockages.

I don't know the schedule or when this will all begin. That is is up in the air.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow, cash, man is there a possibility that some of this was genetic, at all? was he predispositioned to any of this from his family history?

Cashout

Reaction score
wow, cash, man is there a possibility that some of this was genetic, at all? was he predispositioned to any of this from his family history?

I've grown up with this guy. We met when we were in high school. His Dad is 69 years old and he has never had any cardiac related issue. His broth is 48 and he has no cardiac issues either. Their Mom & Grand Mom died together in a car accident when we were in high school but his Grand Dad is still alive and kicking at 84.

I don't know beyond that. I haven't had any "real" discussions about AAS with any of his family members. It's not the time to start that now. I haven't talked to any of the doctors either. All I am getting is information filtered to me by his son and his brother.

That said, I know this guy's AAS history - Heavy test, lots of Deca and Adrol. This was his favorite cycle. He cycled for years and years and I think at the dosages he ran, 1000+ mg test and 600+ mgs Deca + 100 mgs Abombs PLUS his crappy diet he brought this knocking on his own door. I can't feel any other way about it and the worst part is we talked about it over and over and over. I'm angry. I admit that I haven't gotten over that yet.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear. I hope he recovers Cashout.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cash, do you annual Calcium Scores are good measure of heart condition when cycling/blasting? The reason I ask is I have done this the last couple of years as my measure of heart condition. If there is a better measure please let me/us know.

Thanks,