Caffeine -- Yes or NO ?

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is your experience with caffeine.?

I have found it to be one the best, most impactful, performance enhancers I've taken over the decades.

The fact that it is legal, in coffee and other drinks and also available in pre-works from 100mg to 600mg and even more it is a go to for sure.

Which caffeine pre-work out do you prefer and recommend.

I have taken NO-Xplode over the years but open to what is working best today.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
I only take caffeine before fasted cardio. I don't use a pre-workout. I used to crave NO-Xplode in college though. Loved that stuff.

BigChief1

Reaction score
I work out in the mornings and caffeine gets me going. Coffee gives me the BG’s and I don’t feel like waiting around the house for that to clear.

I take caffeine pills. Jet-alert! 90 200mg pills for $2.50! I take 1 1/2 for a total of 300mg b4 heading to the gym. More than that gets me feeling jittery and I don’t like it.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't like the feeling of more than 2 cups of coffee. 100% goes back to some adrenal issues I have from using original hydroxycut and/or the caffeine/bronkaid stack.

I workout alone or would likely get looks for drinking diet soda while working out. It gives me the right amount of energy.

Potential downsides to caffeine could be a significant rise in BP and restriction of blood vessels, if that is a concern or you have high blood pressure already.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m more of a downer kinda guy I don’t like to speed things up

Reaction score
I can tolerate high amounts for about a month, then I have to come off completely. Im not sure why, but I seem to become sensitive to it after a while.
900mg a day makes me feel better, than just about anything.
I dont ever become dependent, I can stop today and not have headaches, ill just sleep 16 hours a day for a week.
Working out without caffeine isnt ideal.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I can tolerate high amounts for about a month, then I have to come off completely. Im not sure why, but I seem to become sensitive to it after a while.
900mg a day makes me feel better, than just about anything.
I dont ever become dependent, I can stop today and not have headaches, ill just sleep 16 hours a day for a week.
Working out without caffeine isnt ideal.

900mg per day is an insane amount.

I can't even handle half of that in one day.

Reaction score
Meth. I hear it’s the secret to weight loss. Just cap it at a specific dose and that way you can rationalize that you’re not a junkie.

I like old school Monsters. But Celsius has some real good flavors. The peach mango is downright delicious.

Can’t do the pre-workout. The beta-alanine just rips right through me.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
What is your experience with caffeine.?

I have found it to be one the best, most impactful, performance enhancers I've taken over the decades.

The fact that it is legal, in coffee and other drinks and also available in pre-works from 100mg to 600mg and even more it is a go to for sure.

Which caffeine pre-work out do you prefer and recommend.

I have taken NO-Xplode over the years but open to what is working best today.
Caffeine and bronkaid together was hands down better than anything I tried.

Reaction score
900mg per day is an insane amount.

I can't even handle half of that in one day.
I used to have 600mg by the time I drove from the gas station to my job (15 mins)
more than a few times ive had about 1g in an hour
I do my best to pace myself, 600mg in 10 minutes effects me enough to make me shaky, but almost manic. Its nice, but unhealthy, so I no longer do that.

the only thing ive tried and couldnt handle, has been l tyrosine, that shit would kill me at a moderate dose. A low dose gives me racing heartbeat, heart palpitations, shortness of breath...

Reaction score
It should be noted caffeine makes your dopamine receptors more sensitive, and makes things more enjoyable because of that.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meth. I hear it’s the secret to weight loss. Just cap it at a specific dose and that way you can rationalize that you’re not a junkie.

I like old school Monsters. But Celsius has some real good flavors. The peach mango is downright delicious.

Can’t do the pre-workout. The beta-alanine just rips right through me.
I've heard good things about Celsius ... I'm going have to try these ...

New Threads