Caffeine -- Yes or NO ?

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Caffeine and bronkaid together was hands down better than anything I tried.
Is that ephedra or something like it ... that was the only over counter supplement outside of pre-workout ... protein or creatinine ... that ever worked for me ... it actually suppressed appetite and gave me energy ... I cried like a little girl when they outlawed my ephedra ...

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Is that ephedra or something like it ... that was the only over counter supplement outside of pre-workout ... protein or creatinine ... that ever worked for me ... it actually suppressed appetite and gave me energy ... I cried like a little girl when they outlawed my ephedra ...
Yeah, it's behind the counter, need ID.

Reaction score
What are yall actually taking it for? Seems like most are taking it early in the morning for the energizing effects. I typically don't workout until the evenings and I don't need the caffeine that late. Since it's a vasoconstrictor it has the opposite effect of giving a pump..especially if you're 900mg's deep by the end of the day

Reaction score
What are yall actually taking it for? Seems like most are taking it early in the morning for the energizing effects. I typically don't workout until the evenings and I don't need the caffeine that late. Since it's a vasoconstrictor it has the opposite effect of giving a pump..especially if you're 900mg's deep by the end of the day
What does the pump do for you?

TiredandHot

Reaction score
I really need to stop energy drinks and switch back to coffee. I'm around 450 to 600mg a day just from those. Weekends I go up to 700 to 800 sometimes.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Meth. I hear it’s the secret to weight loss. Just cap it at a specific dose and that way you can rationalize that you’re not a junkie.

I like old school Monsters. But Celsius has some real good flavors. The peach mango is downright delicious.

Can’t do the pre-workout. The beta-alanine just rips right through me.
Nothing beats the poop from a good pre workout

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I limit myself to 2 cups of black coffee a day and the 120mg from my relatively low stim pre workout. Any more and it fucks with my digestion and appetite and sleep

Reaction score
replace darkness and shadows with caffeine, light with water
Best-Bane-Quotes1.jpg

BigChief1

Reaction score
Meth. I hear it’s the secret to weight loss. Just cap it at a specific dose and that way you can rationalize that you’re not a junkie.

I like old school Monsters. But Celsius has some real good flavors. The peach mango is downright delicious.

Can’t do the pre-workout. The beta-alanine just rips right through me.
Tootski??

52274894-9B39-45AA-9E18-CFE1314A1DC6.gif

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
900mg per day is an insane amount.

I can't even handle half of that in one day.
Meh.

I've been consuming close to a gram of caffeine/day for years now with no adverse events or deleterious effects on general health markers.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve never felt the need for a pre workout pick me up. I do have a couple cups of coffee in the morning. When I used to lift after work. I found a couple apples on the way gave me a bit of a boost. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reaction score
Oh idk it's a big part of a workout that alot of people chase
Chase the pump. So wouldn’t something that is a vasoconstrictor get you working harder since it moves the goalpost further?

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I used to have 600mg by the time I drove from the gas station to my job (15 mins)
more than a few times ive had about 1g in an hour
I do my best to pace myself, 600mg in 10 minutes effects me enough to make me shaky, but almost manic. Its nice, but unhealthy, so I no longer do that.

the only thing ive tried and couldnt handle, has been l tyrosine, that shit would kill me at a moderate dose. A low dose gives me racing heartbeat, heart palpitations, shortness of breath...

Meh.

I've been consuming close to a gram of caffeine/day for years now with no adverse events or deleterious effects on general health markers.
Maybe it's just genetics but my heart starts having palpitations if I take in 300mg in too short of a time frame.

I rarely ever have more than 400mg in a day. I guess after all these years I'm still sensitive when it comes to caffeine.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just genetics but my heart starts having palpitations if I take in 300mg in too short of a time frame.

I rarely ever have more than 400mg in a day. I guess after all these years I'm still sensitive when it comes to caffeine.
There is absolutely a genetic component.

Caffeine is metabolized by CYP liver enzymes, which are super variable from person to person

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
I consume between 300 and 500 mg caffeine every day. Any more than that and it overloads the caffeine receptors and then I can start to smell the color blue and the number 8 starts talking crazy shit to number 3 the triangles start stacking together to form squares, it is a real problem.

Reaction score
If you'd rather work harder for it, put on your speedo and get after it
No. I was trying to understand your “vasoconstrictors will make it harder to get the pumpzzz” comment.

It was just a dumb comment then. I get it. It happens.

New Threads