Chest and triceps

Reaction score
So Canadian here, I've been getting pretty close to where I wanna be. The only thing I want bigger is my chest, by a lot. I'd be okay if my chest doubled in size, like if I could add like 50% to chest and 10% to everything else I'd be right where I wanna be ..... While I'm at it add some to my calves cause that can't hurt...... But yea I don't want my triceps to grow any bigger. So I've cut down the presses, I now just do decline BP, and now I focus more on the flys. I do just one set of skull crushers at like 60-70% and I do one set of dips, so I'm trying to minimize my tricep workouts.
I remember reading a while back how when you cut your arms take the biggest beating, so I was thinking maybe I could just bulk everything then when I cut my arms will fall back to a size I like, I'm not a fan of big arms, if one thing is to be un-proportionally big I want it to be chest.
Any recommendations?

For a while I was doing push, pull, day off, push legs, two days off
But very recently switched to push,legs,pull,push legs, day off, day off

I'm currently not blasting anything, just trt at 170mg/week. My one source was busted and the other is out from an injury

I did a blast of test, deca, eq after COVID to rebound what I lost cause COVID but other than that I haven't done a real blast in like 6-7 years, I just add to my try. Like up until about 7 weeks ago I did 150 test 150 DHB, before that I did 200test 100tren, my go to for a while was 200 test 200 deca. I might be interested in doing a blast of 500-700mg/w of something(s)

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that decline bench will make your nips juicy AF

Reaction score
So Canadian here, I've been getting pretty close to where I wanna be. The only thing I want bigger is my chest, by a lot. I'd be okay if my chest doubled in size, like if I could add like 50% to chest and 10% to everything else I'd be right where I wanna be ..... While I'm at it add some to my calves cause that can't hurt...... But yea I don't want my triceps to grow any bigger. So I've cut down the presses, I now just do decline BP, and now I focus more on the flys. I do just one set of skull crushers at like 60-70% and I do one set of dips, so I'm trying to minimize my tricep workouts.
I remember reading a while back how when you cut your arms take the biggest beating, so I was thinking maybe I could just bulk everything then when I cut my arms will fall back to a size I like, I'm not a fan of big arms, if one thing is to be un-proportionally big I want it to be chest.
Any recommendations?

I'm currently not blasting anything, just trt at 170mg/week. My one source was busted and the other is out from an injury

I did a blast of test, deca, eq after COVID to rebound what I lost cause COVID but other than that I haven't done a real blast in like 6-7 years, I just add to my try. Like up until about 7 weeks ago I did 150 test 150 DHB, before that I did 200test 100tren, my go to for a while was 200 test 200 deca. I might be interested in doing a blast of 500-700mg/w of something(s)
I didn't see a question in all of that. If you are "innocently" looking for a source then know the PMs that you may have gotten will be from scammers. Especially if you received one from @The Phoenix

Reaction score
Any recommendations?

Some interesting and different ideas you have here.

I don't know many if any that don't want bigger triceps. I know I'd take bigger triceps. Its on the list of what I want bigger and I bet you can guess what #1 is :oops:.

I've always had decent sized chest and arms but as I have gotten a bit older I do notice my upper arm size is a bit smaller even if my strength has not decreased.

Good idea on calves. Its a weak spot for many that isn't worked enough. You seem to be more of a low to moderate dose guy on the drugs too. How old are you?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Some interesting and different ideas you have here.

I don't know many if any that don't want bigger triceps. I know I'd take bigger triceps. Its on the list of what I want bigger and I bet you can guess what #1 is :oops:.

I've always had decent sized chest and arms but as I have gotten a bit older I do notice my upper arm size is a bit smaller even if my strength has not decreased.

Good idea on calves. Its a weak spot for many that isn't worked enough. You seem to be more of a low to moderate dose guy on the drugs too. How old are you?
What were his ideas that were interesting exactly? I didn't see anything particularly interesting or mind blowing in what he said. Matter of fact he seemed to kind of be all over the place.

I'm also not sure if you were giving him advice (which he was seeking), but I don't see any in your response.

@tast50 The particular split you choose matters less than the training programming itself. If you want a bigger chest then it'd probably be more helpful if you gave us a full detailed breakdown of what your training programming looks like on your push day #1 and push day #2.

What is your current weight, height, and age? Do you have any pics of your current physique so we can evaluate what might be good for you?

Reaction score
What were his ideas that were interesting exactly? I didn't see anything particularly interesting or mind blowing in what he said. Matter of fact he seemed to kind of be all over the place.

I'm also not sure if you were giving him advice (which he was seeking), but I don't see any in your response.

@tast50 The particular split you choose matters less than the training programming itself. If you want a bigger chest then it'd probably be more helpful if you gave us a full detailed breakdown of what your training programming looks like on your push day #1 and push day #2.

What is your current weight, height, and age? Do you have any pics of your current physique so we can evaluate what might be good for you?
You know what, I did indeed miss the one short line in there where he asked for recommendations ('any recommendations?'), so apologies for not giving any advice @tast50 but I can give a bit now.

As far as what I found interesting is the big focus on decline but it indeed does help for lower chest and takes pressure off the shoulders. I also found it interesting that he appears to be a low dose guy.

Like you, I asked his age. Not knowing much, my advice is that upping to 500 mg test a week is a pretty decent idea considering his health is in check and he can get bloods.

There are plenty of exercises you can do @tast50 for your chest that won't put much pressure on your shoulders. I would go with numerous variations of cable exercises and dumbells flys if your shoulders can take it. Hammer strength machines IMO are more controlled as well. Whatever you do, pick what is comfortable for you and if you start feeling a twinge or anything other than minor pain, pick a different exercise.

Essentially you need to find the exercises that fit for you without causing you pain. I'm not a 'chest' focused guy as I have quite a bit of variety. Perhaps others or @Send0 can give you better advice on chest isolation exercises.

Reaction score
I added a bunch of unrelated information because I'm new to the forums and felt I should give more information
I'm 33, 190 pounds, 5'11

I was for a while doing they typical "bro" routine
Chest n tris, back and bis, shoulders and abs, and legs. But I would then skip tris and bis every other week cause again I don't want too big of arms and I felt my legs were legging and again, I want my chest to be oversized compared to the rest.

Then I switched to the push,pull,legs routine after COVID, and got closer to the results I was looking for but still not quite there. So I recently started doing less push movements on my push day lol. Like less benches, before I did all three flat, decline and incline, decline and incline I never do a heavy slope, and so I stuck with decline, mainly to target my lower PEC and now I focus more on flys.

I'm not sure if any of you watch athleanx but he described you have five diff spots to target in your chest, the upper, mid, and lower, then the inner which gives the seperation and then you have this putter which shapes your PEC to have the fullness. So I been trying to focus more on targeting each one in my workouts.

My desired look is much different from other guys yea, lots of gym guys say I have spaghetti arms compared to my body, but that's what I'm going for. I think there's a physic that guys attract to and a physic that women attract to... Like look at jacked sex symbols, none of them are guys you will find on bodybuilding magazines, except for Arnald in his younger days but he had a much bigger chest then anything else on his body.

I prefer more of the old school boxer physique, big body, big shoulders small arms. I just personally find it more appealing and since I'm sculpting my body I want myself to look the way I find appealing. Like I'm 190, 12%bf but my arms are only 16 inches. I can take a picture later, I'd have to edit my face n stuff

I'm a low dose guy cause I'm weight wise roughly where I wanna be it's now more recomping and reshaping. You know, the final details. If I ever wanna be above 200 pounds again or bench 4 plates again I'd prob do a bigger cycle. But I kinda don't have or want to invest the time to maintain a weight of above 200 pounds, mainly the heavy eatting.

I find the weight I am and the amount I eat to be healthy, like I don't have to make bad substitutions to get those extra calories and I have other goals and activities in my life that I don't wanna lessen or minimize o to put in the extra time and effort required to get even bigger. Maybe in the future. But right now I'm pretty comfortable, just trying to get the final details in. It's more interesting if u have a goal in mind or stuff to learn then it is to just maintain

The whole point to the thread was kind of an introduction. This is what I want, this is what I'm doing, any thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
I added a bunch of unrelated information because I'm new to the forums and felt I should give more information
I'm 33, 190 pounds, 5'11
I was for a while doing they typical "bro" routine
Chest n tris, back and bis, shoulders and abs, and legs. But I would then skip tris and bis every other week cause again I don't want too big of arms and I felt my legs were legging and again, I want my chest to be oversized compared to the rest.
Then I switched to the push,pull,legs routine after COVID, and got closer to the results I was looking for but still not quite there. So I recently started doing less push movements on my push day lol. Like less benches, before I did all three flat, decline and incline, decline and incline I never do a heavy slope, and so I stuck with decline, mainly to target my lower PEC and now I focus more on flys. I'm not sure if any of you watch athleanx but he described you have five diff spots to target in your chest, the upper, mid, and lower, then the inner which gives the seperation and then you have this putter which shapes your PEC to have the fullness. So I been trying to focus more on targeting each one in my workouts.
My desired look is much different from other guys yea, lots of gym guys say I have spaghetti arms compared to my body, but that's what I'm going for. I think there's a physic that guys attract to and a physic that women attract to... Like look at jacked sex symbols, none of them are guys you will find on bodybuilding magazines, except for Arnald in his younger days but he had a much bigger chest then anything else on his body. I prefer more of the old school boxer physique, big body, big shoulders small arms. I just personally find it more appealing and since I'm sculpting my body I want myself to look the way I find appealing. Like I'm 190, 12%bf but my arms are only 16inches.
I can take a picture later, I'd have to edit my face n stuff
Paragraphs dood.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I fixed that mess for you, added paragraphs, but all the typos and other grammatical errors are all yours.

Welcome to the Underground

Reaction score
Thanks, yea sorry. I just kinda threw it together without any proof reading or editing.
I'm just on my phone, surfing the web while retaking some training...... On zoom..... I have to take this course every year and It involves cpr. What if this was my first time taking it, how am I suppose to properly learn cpr on ZOOM! I'm suppose to learn how to narcan someone, as well. I've had to do it about 30 times already so I'm g2g, but this zoom class has 30 people on it who might be doing this for the first or second time.
I'm a social worker
It's very hard to take it serious. Like is it just laziness why people haven't returned to work and say the need to keep working from home or what?
I fixed that mess for you, added paragraphs, but all the typos and other grammatical errors are all yours.

Welcome to the Underground

New Threads