Do you have any tricks to get a lot of calories quick?

Reaction score
Ideally you'd have your meals prepped and a regimented plan where you eat the same things at the same time every day I'm assuming but I'm still figuring that out.

Let's say it's getting late and you've already ate 3 meals and you still need ~1000 calories or something... What are your guys go to meals/snacks to get it in when your in a pinch?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
It depends on how late... but generally I get off my lazy ass and cook the meal I was supposed to eat.

If it's extremely late then I'll eat a good amount of protein, accept that I fucked up for the day, and just go to sleep and do a better job the next day.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
if you consistently are running behind on eating your meals, then just increase the size of your meals and have a fewer number of meals per day.

Consistency is more important than meal frequency IMO.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
A tub of nonfat Greek yogurt with some granola added in, berries optional.

You'll get 1,000 good calories, easily and quickly.

Reaction score
A tub of nonfat Greek yogurt with some granola added in, berries optional.

You'll get 1,000 good calories, easily and quickly.
why go fat free just to add fats back to it?

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I find something That's easy to swallow or drinkable if I need a large amount and I'm not hungry. Also depends on the type of calories needed. Cottage cheese, yogurt, peanut butter are all semisoft and can be liquefied. Can of Campbell's split pea soup will get you 48% there with 24 g of protein, add lots of sharp shredded cheese and you're probably looking at 75% 40g protein.
Ramen noodles have a shit ton of carbs Open it up sprinkle 1/2 seasoning and eat that shit like a sandwich. Benefit of eating it dry is the water doesn't swell up the noodles and cause fullness. These are all suggestions if you're already full because there's better options than what I'm mentioning if your hungry. You could try refrigerating your peanut butter it gives it more of a dessert luxury feeling when you eat it.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Home made protein weight gainer shake.
-10 to 14 oz of whole milk
-2 scoops protein
-2 tablespoons of peanut butter
-1 cup of oats
-Frozen fruit for some extra flavor and antioxidants

BigChief1

Reaction score
Nature Valley granola bar with 2 TB spoon peanut butter! 👍

cavorite

Reaction score
In Vietnam they sell Ensure (meal replacement drink for old/sick people) in every store for some reason. I can chug a few little bottles and get 1000 calories for cheap (here at least).

I usually realize I missed my calorie goals in the evening when I'm too lazy to make anything, so this is ideal.

Reaction score
4 pints of full fat milk down the hatch instant 2000 cal.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Drink a GD root beer and have a donut ..... you crazy kids and your over complicating things. (y)

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score

This shit is loaded with calories and I did 2 - 3 months on a liquid diet gaining weight with it a couple years back.

** NOTE** I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT WEBSITE AND HAVE NEVER ORDERED FROM THEM BUT WAS THE ONLY LINK i COULD FIND THAT HAD THE SHIT I USE TO TAKE.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
peanuts - peanut butter - a weight gainer

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

This shit is loaded with calories and I did 2 - 3 months on a liquid diet gaining weight with it a couple years back.

** NOTE** I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT WEBSITE AND HAVE NEVER ORDERED FROM THEM BUT WAS THE ONLY LINK i COULD FIND THAT HAD THE SHIT I USE TO TAKE.

That's just maltodextrin and protein powder, with a multi vitamin sprinkled in. Basically pure sugar.

You can make it yourself for MUCH cheaper, but use a much better carb powder(s).

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
That's just maltodextrin and protein powder, with a multi vitamin sprinkled in. Basically pure sugar.

You can make it yourself for MUCH cheaper, but use a much better carb powder(s).
cereal and vanilla protein shake as the milk! 😍