Finasteride log

Reaction score
So gonna update here as I see a lot of guys on the fence of starting fin. Will post progress and sides and let you guys know. Will update with starting pics later tonight. Debating on running 1 mg of fin or daily or .5 mg daily. Any advice in that?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
So gonna update here as I see a lot of guys on the fence of starting fin. Will post progress and sides and let you guys know. Will update with starting pics later tonight. Debating on running 1 mg of fin or daily or .5 mg daily. Any advice in that?
I'm sure you know this is a long haul; 6-9 months to even notice anything if you do respond.

As for dose, I heard from a Dr. that he does 1 mg once a day for 3 months as a saturation period and then 1 mg. EOD from there on out. Apparently the side you don't want shows up at about that 2-3 month mark for most. I'm no Dr., just something for you to look into.

You want more bang for your buck, look up the Finasteride/ Minoxidil combo results.

Reaction score
I'm sure you know this is a long haul; 6-9 months to even notice anything if you do respond.

As for dose, I heard from a Dr. that he does 1 mg once a day for 3 months as a saturation period and then 1 mg. EOD from there on out. Apparently the side you don't want shows up at about that 2-3 month mark for most. I'm no Dr., just something for you to look into.

You want more bang for your buck, look up the Finasteride/ Minoxidil combo results.
Thanks man appreciate the help. Wifes pregnant so the topical kind of scares me that it can potentially be absorbed through her skin. Are you currently or have taken fin?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Started the combo about 6 months or so ago. My situation is a little different. Long story short, had a thyroid issue that got resolved but thinned me slightly. I always had some good hair and vain as fuuk so I started the combo. I'd say at this point, it's an improvement.

Reaction score
Started the combo about 6 months or so ago. My situation is a little different. Long story short, had a thyroid issue that got resolved but thinned me slightly. I always had some good hair and vain as fuuk so I started the combo. I'd say at this point, it's an improvement.
Same. Had to take levothyroxine and noticed it caused some shedding. Off that now. Curious as I take trt and donate blood regularly. What do I do if I start fin and they don't allow me to do ate now?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Same. Had to take levothyroxine and noticed it caused some shedding. Off that now. Curious as I take trt and donate blood regularly. What do I do if I start fin and they don't allow me to do ate now?
Look into changing your own oil.

Jonjon

Reaction score
It took 2 years before the sides hit me. It was bad, and took two decades to get it sorted out

Good luck

Jonjon

Reaction score
Clear watery loads, zero sex drive, and occasional Ed

Test and deca help now, but the sides were unexplainable. My natural test levels were high but zero sex drive. Finally after 20 years of just quietly dealing with it I got on trt and it helped some.

I’m an extremely high aromatizer though. On just 120mg of test my estradiol is 130 without ai. I blame the finesteride for that

All the hair I saved fell back out within a few months of stopping the drug.

Reaction score
Clear watery loads, zero sex drive, and occasional Ed

Test and deca help now, but the sides were unexplainable. My natural test levels were high but zero sex drive. Finally after 20 years of just quietly dealing with it I got on trt and it helped some.

I’m an extremely high aromatizer though. On just 120mg of test my estradiol is 130 without ai. I blame the finesteride for that

All the hair I saved fell back out within a few months of stopping the drug.
So you weren't on trt when you ran fin. I'm on trt so hoping it will help. I'm a high aromatizer as well so guess I'll just have to watch e2 while on fin.

Reaction score
So you weren't on trt when you ran fin. I'm on trt so hoping it will help. I'm a high aromatizer as well so guess I'll just have to watch e2 while on fin.

2 days in now and feel pretty great. Haha. Not sure if sides would even show up yet but I have seen lots of guys talk about ball ache and such. Nothing yet at least for me.

New Threads