From Shadow Lurker to Iron Maverick: The Impono Odyssey Begins

Reaction score
Alright, you lot!

‘Ello from the East of England in the UK. Name’s Impono. Before you ask, no, it’s not Latin for “He who lurks in forum shadows,” though it might as well be, given I've been hovering about most of the forums for years without uttering a peep. Took me a solid 36 years to gather the courage to actually put fingers to keyboard and type up an intro - monumental effort for a self-proclaimed introvert like me, if I do say so myself. 😜

Been in and out of the gym for yonks. Not the most consistent bloke, I admit. Mostly it was about keeping up some semblance of fitness amidst the chaos. But come this May, and life chucked a right wobbly at me. A dodgy motorbike accident had me nearly knocking on the pearly gates. Following a bit of patch-up surgery, some physio, and a good hard look at the mirror (and not just to admire me gains), I decided the old ways of boozing and partying had to take a backseat. A year of drowning my sorrows, coupled with some epic self-reflection, made me realise that I can't be living the life of a teenager forever, especially when said life is looking more "Shaun of the Dead" than "James Bond". So here I am, committing to a proper lifestyle change.

Current mission? Rehabbing the old shoulder and wrists (still bashed up from the accident, the buggers) and crafting a "fuckable physique" that'll make me beam with pride every time I see the birthday suit in the mirror.

I've got a bit of a love-hate relationship with certain workouts. Squats and deadlifts? Not my cuppa. Might be an unpopular opinion, but there you have it. Also, a wee surgery for herniated discs a few years back made me a bit wary. For now, I'm rocking a PPL split six days a week. No rest for the wicked, eh?

Big shoutout to Seth Feroce for keeping it real and being a no-bullshit kind of guy. Subscribed to a whole bunch of other YouTube fitness maestros as well.

Outside of the gym, I'm all about carp fishing. Head over to France a couple of times a year for a bit of fishing banter with the lads. If you ever fancy a chat about the best fishing spots or carp bait, give us a shout.

Thinking of maintaining a bit of a diary here to chart my ups and downs. Bit of a data nut, to be honest. Built my own spreadsheets and all. More stats, the merrier!

So, I reckon that’s it for my grand debut. Eager to dive in, share, learn, and maybe ruffle a few feathers along the way. Remember, I've read the rules (twice!), so hoping to keep my boots off at this house party. Let's get cracking, shall we?

Cheers,

Impono 💪

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Right proper intro , that's a rare beast indeed.

Howdy.

Reaction score
That is quite an intro especially for someone who was hesitant to type an intro. You certainly put my intro to shame. I just joined and made a tiny intro.
Good luck to you on your journey. I'm subbed.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Before you ask, no, it’s not Latin for “He who lurks in forum shadows

It's a Latin verb - Impono , imponis , imponere C , imposui , Impositum
  1. to impose
  2. to put upon
  3. to establish
  4. to inflict
  5. to assign/place in command
  6. to set

Reaction score
  1. to impose
  2. to put upon
  3. to establish
  4. to inflict
  6. to set

Also means to cheat, it's a hangover from playing games. Thanks for the welcome, thought I would make an effort with the intro since I have read enough of them.

Reaction score
Alright, you lot!

‘Ello from the East of England in the UK. Name’s Impono. Before you ask, no, it’s not Latin for “He who lurks in forum shadows,” though it might as well be, given I've been hovering about most of the forums for years without uttering a peep. Took me a solid 36 years to gather the courage to actually put fingers to keyboard and type up an intro - monumental effort for a self-proclaimed introvert like me, if I do say so myself. 😜

Been in and out of the gym for yonks. Not the most consistent bloke, I admit. Mostly it was about keeping up some semblance of fitness amidst the chaos. But come this May, and life chucked a right wobbly at me. A dodgy motorbike accident had me nearly knocking on the pearly gates. Following a bit of patch-up surgery, some physio, and a good hard look at the mirror (and not just to admire me gains), I decided the old ways of boozing and partying had to take a backseat. A year of drowning my sorrows, coupled with some epic self-reflection, made me realise that I can't be living the life of a teenager forever, especially when said life is looking more "Shaun of the Dead" than "James Bond". So here I am, committing to a proper lifestyle change.

Current mission? Rehabbing the old shoulder and wrists (still bashed up from the accident, the buggers) and crafting a "fuckable physique" that'll make me beam with pride every time I see the birthday suit in the mirror.

I've got a bit of a love-hate relationship with certain workouts. Squats and deadlifts? Not my cuppa. Might be an unpopular opinion, but there you have it. Also, a wee surgery for herniated discs a few years back made me a bit wary. For now, I'm rocking a PPL split six days a week. No rest for the wicked, eh?

Big shoutout to Seth Feroce for keeping it real and being a no-bullshit kind of guy. Subscribed to a whole bunch of other YouTube fitness maestros as well.

Outside of the gym, I'm all about carp fishing. Head over to France a couple of times a year for a bit of fishing banter with the lads. If you ever fancy a chat about the best fishing spots or carp bait, give us a shout.

Thinking of maintaining a bit of a diary here to chart my ups and downs. Bit of a data nut, to be honest. Built my own spreadsheets and all. More stats, the merrier!

So, I reckon that’s it for my grand debut. Eager to dive in, share, learn, and maybe ruffle a few feathers along the way. Remember, I've read the rules (twice!), so hoping to keep my boots off at this house party. Let's get cracking, shall we?

Cheers,

Impono 💪
Welcome to UG

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
  1. to impose
  2. to put upon
  3. to establish
  4. to inflict
  6. to set
All terms my wife would use to explain our sex life.
Plus brief. Swift. Fast. Unsatisfying.
On that note. Sorry cj. Had to wear your strides mine were in the wash. Can u leave a Hawaiian shirt behind to go with them next time your over.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Short intro. Can't wait for the book.
Put the past behind you. Take a breath. Start a new page in life.
Don't know anyone here who doesent train around some injury. So you have people here to help if you need it.

Reaction score
Short intro. Can't wait for the book.
Put the past behind you. Take a breath. Start a new page in life.
Don't know anyone here who doesent train around some injury. So you have people here to help if you need it.

The book-log's in the works! Fancy this for a title:
"From Portly Pub Plonker to Chiselled Gym God."

Cheers for the support! 😊

Reaction score
Use your brewing calculator all the time
Thank you
And Welcome. Good decisions your making

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice intro without listing any pertinent data / info ...

How old are you? How much do you weigh today? How tall are you? What is your bodyfat % (those are called stats) ... you stated you pretty much don't do the basic compound lifts ... many us older members have also have stopped squatting and deadlifting (including me) ... so what does your PPL look like 6 days a week without compound lifts ...

You also did not state what your diet was or what you're trying to do ... dude everybody wants to look good naked .. that's why American Beauty was a top movie ... but seriously what are your goals ...

How about a much shorter, more concise rapid fire response ... we can talk about fishing later .. lol

New Threads