Old newb here

Reaction score
Greetings to all.

Old man Dan here :) age is just a number and it's not going to slow me down.. Been training off and on since the age of 13. I grew up in gyms and knew early on genetics weren't on my side. Excuse me for typoes. I am losing my eyesight with age. I mostly train with bands plus some weighted excercises. I kind of coach my kids and I like the challenges interacting with kids brings. I found rebounding helps me get by.. Even though aches and pains linger on and remind me I soldier on. I recently started Mentzer ideal routine and feel much better than other workouts that I have tried over the years. I completed an Athlean X training course a few years back but was overwhelmed by the end of it. I have a few injuries that limited my movement for a while but feel they are easier to work with these days. I like to research a lot and am looking into topics that interest me and feel at this age I could do with a little boost genetically and help in navigating my way around. Lots of people suggest TRT but the idea of losing T altogether is not a good idea. laws are always changing and not being in the know worries me. Maybe I am missing something? Perhaps going to TRT clinic opens the door legally to start that boost to access and explore prescription based products and alternatives. Sounds like a lot of fuss and quite the costly route. I am particularly interested in the benefits of peptides as a starting point but it seems these alternatives seem scarce and sketchy. I also don't want the old bill knocking on my door because I purchased something online that ends up in breaking the law, getting a fine, or worse imprisonment for age related, sports related injuries. I live remotely within the E.U the area I live I prefer to keep to myself and remain focused on family. I do not go to supp stores and buy most of my supps online as they get delivered to the door. So I have no real connections or rapport with stores and sales assistants like most ppl do etc. I prefer home workouts and haven't been to a gym in decades and find training alone is my " Me time ". as I like a good self motivated cuss and grunt to drive me. Therefore I cannot make any connections socially and prefer building one mindfully and respectfully online. I look forward to interacting and getting to know you all. Best regards. OldManDan 💪🤠👍

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome Dan. There's a sampling of almost every age on this board. I'm 59. There are guys in their early 20's, and I've heard of someone in his 70's. There's all levels of experience as well.
Do you have any stats to share, i.e., height and weight, training routine details, goals etc.?

Reaction score
I would like to introduce you to something called a paragraph. 😀

păr′ə-grăf″

noun​

1. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.

Reaction score
Welcome Dan. There's a sampling of almost every age on this board. I'm 59. There are guys in their early 20's, and I've heard of someone in his 70's. There's all levels of experience as well.
Do you have any stats to share, i.e., height and weight, training routine details, goals etc.?
Thanks Bump 😁👍 that's great as I like to interact with all age groups.

Sure. Stats are.

H 5ft 7., W 94kgs- 207lbs BMI indicates overweight.

Regular rebounding. 1 - 2 minutes avg 4 - 6 times a days.

I enjoy my early morning workouts better than late evenings. I train the kids in the afternoons. My daughter has just started the same routine as I. The other child, I am his Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Judo MMA partner. We do the combative drills and lessons a few times a week. Basically I am his aid and he practices and executes his drills all on me. I like to think he's my private chiropractor 🤣 cos all I feel and hear is snap, crackle and pop.

Mike Mentzers Ideal training Routine. HIT 4 Day Split.

Apologies in advance. I will edit this post tomorrow with routine specifics but will quickly add the above direct routine link. I have found this workout has helped me greatly especially in with some band usage on a few excercises. Noticeably it has mitigated against over training and a massive reduction in immflamation. Sometimes I reduce the training window based on energy, feel and DOMS but feel I should revert back to four days rest as Mentzer insists on less is best. Something I have found to be questionable but feel there is some truth to it as I have done various workouts with more variety, intensity, sets etc. I felt completely burnt out.

Goal. Reduce ( lower abdominal ) body fat. Increase musculature and definition. develop chest it's gone flat over the years and slightly disproportionate due to scoliosis. Would be nice to pop those shoulders but am hindered due to cuff issues and tendinitis but usually resides with use of a accupressure yantra matt and self TCM cupping when severe. Increase size of arms and develop traps too. I do proceed with care when doing my lower back. My sciatica is reduced with banded squats and banded deadlifts. I made my own base plate and use a generic version of the X8 bar.

I do get RD protein (varied) 3MAD but think I need to switch to smaller portions 6MAD as I am finding I fall asleep with large meals and believe these large portions might be converting to glucose and inturn counter productive regards to weight loss. I also try not to eat after 4pm. Break-fast 8am. Training days pre-work out, train, then break-fast afterwards. I try to have a couple pieces of fruit. Occasionally Moringa here and there. Fresh leaves in salads or sandwiches and or boiled into a tea. I don't drink alcohol as I am sensitive to candida, have had leaky gut as a result. I don't smoke cigarettes. I do vape CBD sometimes for severe bouts of immflamation.

Supps. Glutamine, creatine, 100% Whey protein. Boron water. Turkesterone, Tongkat Ali, ECD. Multi vits. Cod liver oil and Omega 369 flax.

Open to suggestions, always motivated and willing to improve. Thanks 👍 in advance.

Reaction score
I would like to introduce you to something called a paragraph. 😀

păr′ə-grăf″

noun​

1. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.
Duly noted 😃 apologies and thanks for the introduction. 👍 nice to meet you Santa.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Paragraph is that the African animal with a long neck.
hate these guys who just say hi and think it is an intro.
So Dan I loved yours. Great work. Been married 30+ years and know more bout you than my wife.

Reaction score
Paragraph is that the African animal with a long neck.
hate these guys who just say hi and think it is an intro.
So Dan I loved yours. Great work. Been married 30+ years and know more bout you than my wife.
Thanks Rickt👍 Duly noted. I will keep it short n sweet. Pleased to meet you. 💪🤠👍

Reaction score
Regarding my workout Bump. 🤠👍

Mike Mentzer's

1 Set to Failure Routine
------------------

Day 1: Chest & Back
--------------

Warm up, then 1 set of Pec deck or fly's 6-10 reps (superset)

Incline press (Close Grip) 1-3 reps.

Close grip pulldowns (chin up grip) 6-10 reps

Deadlifts 5-8 reps

Optional: Shrugs 6-10 reps. ( *If you have or experience Back Pain).

Day 2: Legs
--------

Warm up, Leg extensions: 8-15 (superset) leg press

Standing calf raises 12-20 reps

Day 3: Delts & Arms
---------------

Warm up, DB Lateral raises 6-10 reps

Bent over DB lateral raises 6-10 reps

Barbell curls 6-10 reps

Triceps pressdowns 6-10 reps (superset) dips 3-5 reps

Day 4: Legs
--------

Warm up, Leg extensions: 8-15 (superset) leg press

Standing calf raises 12-20 reps

Notes
--------------------------------------

* 4 days rest between excercise workouts.

* 1 set per excercise

* Superset = Immediately followed up with the next excercise.

So far this routine has got me out bed, motivated, and in the process allowed me to take my health and wellness a little more seriously.

Again, I welcome and encourage positive feedback.Thanks In advance.

Reaction score
Greetings to all.

Old man Dan here :) age is just a number and it's not going to slow me down.. Been training off and on since the age of 13. I grew up in gyms and knew early on genetics weren't on my side. Excuse me for typoes. I am losing my eyesight with age. I mostly train with bands plus some weighted excercises. I kind of coach my kids and I like the challenges interacting with kids brings. I found rebounding helps me get by.. Even though aches and pains linger on and remind me I soldier on. I recently started Mentzer ideal routine and feel much better than other workouts that I have tried over the years. I completed an Athlean X training course a few years back but was overwhelmed by the end of it. I have a few injuries that limited my movement for a while but feel they are easier to work with these days. I like to research a lot and am looking into topics that interest me and feel at this age I could do with a little boost genetically and help in navigating my way around. Lots of people suggest TRT but the idea of losing T altogether is not a good idea. laws are always changing and not being in the know worries me. Maybe I am missing something? Perhaps going to TRT clinic opens the door legally to start that boost to access and explore prescription based products and alternatives. Sounds like a lot of fuss and quite the costly route. I am particularly interested in the benefits of peptides as a starting point but it seems these alternatives seem scarce and sketchy. I also don't want the old bill knocking on my door because I purchased something online that ends up in breaking the law, getting a fine, or worse imprisonment for age related, sports related injuries. I live remotely within the E.U the area I live I prefer to keep to myself and remain focused on family. I do not go to supp stores and buy most of my supps online as they get delivered to the door. So I have no real connections or rapport with stores and sales assistants like most ppl do etc. I prefer home workouts and haven't been to a gym in decades and find training alone is my " Me time ". as I like a good self motivated cuss and grunt to drive me. Therefore I cannot make any connections socially and prefer building one mindfully and respectfully online. I look forward to interacting and getting to know you all. Best regards. OldManDan 💪🤠👍
Welcome to UG

Reaction score
HerpesLab isn't gonna be happy about that!
Still carrying on... What is your caper? Far as I am concerned I am here to make a few solid connections, learn, grow and live out my days in a better state of health then when I came in. Earlier today you rudely called me a shill and told me to get f out of here for interacting on what appears to be a legitimate post and Lab.

Reaction score
Still carrying on... What is your caper? Far as I am concerned I am here to make a few solid connections, learn and grow and live out my days in a better state of health then when I came in. Earlier today you rudely called me a shill and told me the f out of here for interacting.
Yep. Sounds good.

New Threads