Hello...new to the forum

Reaction score
G'day all. New to the forum and looking to learn. Particularly interested in learning how to deal with maximising my training in my late 40s.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, lots of us in our 40's or older here, so you're in the right place.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Yes, you’re in the right age group. Stick around and see what happens.

BustaCapps

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG! I’m right there with you and you’re in the right spot!

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Welcome man, you're definitely inthe right place. Lots of us here in our 40's, many learning to work around our age related injuries or limitations.

There's lots of knowledge her, and we're always excited to get new members.

Welcome to the underground brotherhood 😎

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Pull up a chair.

What are your training goals? In your 40's you have to understand rest is paramount to achieving your goals. You have to push and push with intensity but you need to give your body the proper nutrients and rest to recover and prepare for the training sessions. Really dig into your science resources to stay healthy and make progress.

Reaction score
UGHHHHH!!!!! You just made me feel old…
Nothing wrong with starting to train in your 405’s,50’s or 60’s. Training makes everyone feel better wether it’s a walk or a strength session. Our body’s in our 40’s just need a little more TLC. Other the. That sky’s the limit. Welcome to the best BB’ng forum on the net.

Reaction score
Welcome! As a fellow noob who is also in his late 40s this is great source of info and people.

One thing I've learned at my age is lift hard but protect your joints.

Reaction score
I've been lifting but with covid and some injuries, I've struggled with consistency. Just when I start to feel like I'm getting somewhere, we go into lockdown. Recently, we came through hotel quarantine in Sydney then straight into lockdown in Newcastle so I've not seen any gym time in over a month. I'm at the point where I'm using some exercise bands and doing pushups just to maintain sanity. :)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've been lifting but with covid and some injuries, I've struggled with consistency. Just when I start to feel like I'm getting somewhere, we go into lockdown. Recently, we came through hotel quarantine in Sydney then straight into lockdown in Newcastle so I've not seen any gym time in over a month. I'm at the point where I'm using some exercise bands and doing pushups just to maintain sanity. :)
Hey, we have to do what we can. At worst, you'll maintain and possibly heal up some nagging injuries.

Get some extra cardio/conditioning in, so when everything is back up and running, you're not winded after a few sets. Your aerobic system plays a large part in the overall picture. It aids recovery in between sets, and allows you to go a little bit longer within some higher rep sets.

I'd also suggest working on some mobility limitations during this time. We tend to neglect that in favor of just lifting. This will help prevent injuries, and put our bodies in a better position to lift, and thus progress.

There are many things we can do to improve during this time. Just look at it as part of the big overall plan.