RobertSteinbeck

Askhole
Reaction score
I forgot to do an introduction yesterday.

Hello, my name is Rob, and I am 23 years old, who recently got into lifting the Summer of 2022. I currently weigh 181lbs with an average body type. For hindsight, I never really like body, I was very skinny as a child. I am not that strong and lack muscle definition in most areas. Since joining the gym, I have been doing a lot of compound exercises with a few iso exercises at the end. Members were quick to point out that my current plan does not have any benefit towards my goal. My goal is to get somewhat swole, I don't how to describe. I guess the athletic body type pictured in the image below.

images

Due to my current schedule, I can only attend the gym three times a week. So I've been trying to figure out what full body 3 days a week plan would work best in achieving my goal.

As of 02/21/23 I am starting the Greyskull Lifting Program thanks to members who have suggested that approach to me.
Please be nice and inform me of any mistakes I make along the way. I am only using 5grams of creatine on workout days, and vitamin d3 pills. Vitamin d3 due to be very low in it, lol.

DAY 1

• 3×5+ Incline Shoulder Press (70lbs)
  • 3×5+ Assisted Chin-ups (35lbs)
  • 3×5+ Squats (90, 85, 85)

DAY 2

• 3×5+ Incline Bench Press
  • 3x5+ Chest Supported Row
  • 1×5+ Deadlifts

DAY 3

I've been trying to bulk but been having trouble with commitment issues. I've been trying to drink liquid calories at the end of each workout. I want to drink it every day for an additional 1340kcal but its been hard.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read, take care.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Too many questions to answer in one go. So I'm extra ectomorph. Hard for me to bulk. Drinking food is good. But seriously unless you are 8%bf don't bulk. Slow steady gains win the race. You always look good and you see muscles growing not just your gut.
5 meals a day 2 shakes is enough to make a start. Then as you learn tweek it for you.
Punch those gym fuckers out. Compounds are the best way to every goal. Want to expand your vagina use compound vibrators.
Oops slipped of subject. Compounds is where it is at. Then diversify to bring up weaker areas.
There is no one right workout for anyone. But in the logs section you will get some great ideas.
Personally like reader. He uses tones of compounds. Diesel also has a great training journal. Turkey s/w has compounds and isolation movements he uses to build lagging areas. But you need a gym dictionary to understand wtf hes on about. Think he does crack when he posts. Or perhaps it is me doing crack.
Not that he has any weak areas now. . But find one you jell with. Dont be shy to ask why these guys do these exercises.
Or be brave and start your own log suggesting your goals and diet and exercises. Those guys will have you as swoll as a teenage boys dick in a brothel.
Hi.

RobertSteinbeck

Askhole
Reaction score
Too many questions to answer in one go. So I'm extra ectomorph. Hard for me to bulk. Drinking food is good. But seriously unless you are 8%bf don't bulk. Slow steady gains win the race. You always look good and you see muscles growing not just your gut.
5 meals a day 2 shakes is enough to make a start. Then as you learn tweek it for you.
Punch those gym fuckers out. Compounds are the best way to every goal. Want to expand your vagina use compound vibrators.
Oops slipped of subject. Compounds is where it is at. Then diversify to bring up weaker areas.
There is no one right workout for anyone. But in the logs section you will get some great ideas.
Personally like reader. He uses tones of compounds. Diesel also has a great training journal. Turkey s/w has compounds and isolation movements he uses to build lagging areas. But you need a gym dictionary to understand wtf hes on about. Think he does crack when he posts. Or perhaps it is me doing crack.
Not that he has any weak areas now. . But find one you jell with. Dont be shy to ask why these guys do these exercises.
Or be brave and start your own log suggesting your goals and diet and exercises. Those guys will have you as swoll as a teenage boys dick in a brothel.
Hi.
Do you think Greyskull pl is good for me?

Reaction score
Hi.
Well said Rick 😂

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
I forgot to do an introduction yesterday.

Hello, my name is Rob, and I am 23 years old, who recently got into lifting the Summer of 2022. I currently weigh 181lbs with an average body type. For hindsight, I never really like body, I was very skinny as a child. I am not that strong and lack muscle definition in most areas. Since joining the gym, I have been doing a lot of compound exercises with a few iso exercises at the end. Members were quick to point out that my current plan does not have any benefit towards my goal. My goal is to get somewhat swole, I don't how to describe. I guess the athletic body type pictured in the image below.

images

Due to my current schedule, I can only attend the gym three times a week. So I've been trying to figure out what full body 3 days a week plan would work best in achieving my goal.

As of 02/21/23 I am starting the Greyskull Lifting Program thanks to members who have suggested that approach to me.
Please be nice and inform me of any mistakes I make along the way. I am only using 5grams of creatine on workout days, and vitamin d3 pills. Vitamin d3 due to be very low in it, lol.

DAY 1

DAY 2

• 3×5+ Incline Bench Press
  • 3x5+ Chest Supported Row
  • 1×5+ Deadlifts

DAY 3

I've been trying to bulk but been having trouble with commitment issues. I've been trying to drink liquid calories at the end of each workout. I want to drink it every day for an additional 1340kcal but its been hard.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read, take care.
Man, I hate to say it, but you’re not gonna look like the picture with the routine you provided. Most people do at LEAST 3 exercises per MUSCLE group. You’re gonna have to increase your volume man. If you simply cannot get to the gym, you may be better off investing in some free weights for your house.

Reader591

Reaction score
Man, I hate to say it, but you’re not gonna look like the picture with the routine you provided. Most people do at LEAST 3 exercises per MUSCLE group. You’re gonna have to increase your volume man. If you simply cannot get to the gym, you may be better off investing in some free weights for your house.
I wouldn’t fully agree here. 3 full body workouts can take you a long way. I’m not ripped athletic swole looking son of a gun at all, and focus more on strength. But I’d like to think I also look like I’ve lifted a weight before. I’ve been doing three days a week for a while now, also due to my schedule.

Don’t let perfection be the enemy of good. But that means you need to be more on point in other areas when you can only consistently be less than ideal in one other area.

But 3 full body workouts is infinitely better than the 0 he was doing before, and will give him much better results than 0.

Later on, maybe he can find time for more workouts as he find the value in them.

Especially as a new lifter, 3 days a week is great. This can give him years of great results.

Now, you can start at the gym and slowly add stuff at home if you’d like. You could do 3 full body and maybe on off days do a little bit of easy (relative term here) work to hit smaller muscles groups that are not fatiguing in your body or CNS. Think some curls if that’s a lagging body part, but in a way it won’t hinder the next days workout. But even this can be done in time and not out the gates.

I’m the guy that thinks both volume training and intensity have their place. Some tout one over the other. I lean forward intensity, but some muscle groups or eventually at a certain level, you may find different responses for different times in different muscle groups. Kinda hard for me to explain to a newer guy, but think of it as a variable to play with later when progress stalls. I’m not saying the first or second variable, it depends on the specific situation you’re in, and what you’ve done up to that point. But it can be a great tool to pull out.

That being said, a lot of guys have gotten good results both ways.

I think the grey skull would be a great start for the op.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
As usual couldn't agree more with reader. Grey skull is a great gym. Look at the fuckers wanting to get memberships and having to fight to death for one. But even planet is a start. And yes I did have to Google grey skull workouts. Screenshot_20230222_172213_Google.png

RobertSteinbeck

Askhole
Reaction score
Workout A

1. Smith Machine Back Squat (Quads) 5x5 (75lbs)
  2. Flat Dumbbell Bench Press(Chest) 5x5 (35lbs)
  3. Chest Supported Row(Upper Back) 4x10 (25lbs)
  4. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press(Shoulders) 4x10 (25lbs)
  5. Assisted Pull Ups(Lats) 4x10 (50,65,65,65lbs)
  6. Dumbbell Shrug (Traps) 3x12 (35lbs)
  7. Dumbbell Skull-crusher (Triceps) 3×10 (15lbs)
  8. Incline Dumbbell Curl (Biceps) 3x10 (15lbs)

Workout B

2. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press(Chest) 4x10 (30lbs)
  3. Smith Machine Deadlift5x5 (Lower Back) (85lbs)
  4. Assisted Pull Ups(Lats) 4x10 (50,65,65,65lbs)
  5. Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raises(Shoulders) 4x10 (10lbs)
  7. Dumbbell Skull-crusher (Triceps) 3×10 (15bs)
  8. Preacher Curl (Biceps) 3x10 (20lbs)
That was my old workout routine, I did it a week ago for like 3 months. Everyone said it wasn’t good, and I needed to focus on my strength before muscle hypertrophy workouts. Which is why everyone suggested greyskull lp. Now you’re saying to focus on volume rather than intensity? I am confused.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Why are at least 3 excercises required per muscle group? Does he need the volume when he is squating under 100?

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Workout A

2. Flat Dumbbell Bench Press(Chest) 5x5 (35lbs)
  3. Chest Supported Row(Upper Back) 4x10 (25lbs)
  4. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press(Shoulders) 4x10 (25lbs)
  5. Assisted Pull Ups(Lats) 4x10 (50,65,65,65lbs)
  7. Dumbbell Skull-crusher (Triceps) 3×10 (15lbs)
  8. Incline Dumbbell Curl (Biceps) 3x10 (15lbs)

Workout B

2. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press(Chest) 4x10 (30lbs)
  3. Smith Machine Deadlift5x5 (Lower Back) (85lbs)
  4. Assisted Pull Ups(Lats) 4x10 (50,65,65,65lbs)
  5. Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raises(Shoulders) 4x10 (10lbs)
  7. Dumbbell Skull-crusher (Triceps) 3×10 (15bs)
  8. Preacher Curl (Biceps) 3x10 (20lbs)
That was my old workout routine, I did it a week ago for like 3 months. Everyone said it wasn’t good, and I needed to focus on my strength before muscle hypertrophy workouts. Which is why everyone suggested greyskull lp. Now you’re saying to focus on volume rather than intensity? I am confused.
Dude stick with greyskull. Volume does not drive growth. You need a beginner routine.

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
Why are at least 3 excercises required per muscle group? Does he need the volume when he is squating under 100?
Who said required? I said most people. Please read again. I’m just saying, the dude isnt gonna look the the picture he said he wants to look like by hitting one muscle group with three sets….I’m by no means saying it’s not a good start, but for the final product of what he’s trying to accomplish, he’s going to have to increase the volume a bit. Maybe I’m missing something here, but if I do 3 sets of one chest exercise, once a week, I’m not gonna looking like the “athletic” picture he is desiring. Maybe I’m old school and missing something

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Who said required? I said most people. Please read again. I’m just saying, the dude isnt gonna look the the picture he said he wants to look like by hitting one muscle group with three sets….I’m by no means saying it’s not a good start, but for the final product of what he’s trying to accomplish, he’s going to have to increase the volume a bit. Maybe I’m missing something here, but if I do 3 sets of one chest exercise, once a week, I’m not gonna looking like the “athletic” picture he is desiring. Maybe I’m old school and missing something
I'm happy you aren't "Elite"

New Threads