Journey to the cage!

Chaos501

Reaction score
So this year I was invited to work the Animal Cage at the Arnold! Just by pure coincidence I think I have a close friend who is a rep and we battle back and forth with weights and he was invited to work the cage and so he invited me along with him! It still seems like an unreal opportunity and hasn’t quite sank in!

My journey as a powerlifter started just two years ago and I have made some pretty decent progress in that time. For example when I started I could barely rep 225x5 on bench couldn’t squat 300 and my deadlift was right at about 400 I think... now I bench 410... squat 530... and deadlift 655.... and I’m just hoping that this is a sign I’m on the right path! And maybe if I am fortunate enough I will someday have the opportunity to deadlift in the Animal cage!! It’s a big goal but I’m gonna keep it in front of me!!

Ill update this log log as I progress and I will log all the experiences I have in the cage this year! I am more than willing to take advice and tips from anyone who is willing to give them! It’s been awesome being a part of this board and I plan on sticking around!!

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Dan Greene is pulling again this year. The cage us always cool to watch.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

You seeing his vids? That 903 reverse band. Then 832 or something prior to that for a double. And conventional too so it counts!

BigJohnny

Elite
Reaction score
I thought I was going to get to go with a guy I train with sometimes. Unfortunately his wife is expecting that time and she said fuk that! Have fun chaos!

Chaos501

Reaction score

Yea I seen where he said he was.... also seen where Pete Rubish is too on his recap of his last meet! That guy is a freak on nature too! Gonna be a great ****ing time either way! Now to try not to look like a damn fan boy!

Chaos501

Reaction score
So with a stubborn mind and a short test period I have decided to drop the Tren once and for all!! This entire meet prep I have been running 1g of test and currently 450 Deca that was a little higher but I had too much water retention. But as I came closer to the end right now little less than three weeks out I decided to try to run a low dose tren e for a little boost and it’s not turning out so well. Anxiety gut isn’t as bad as normal but it’s already flaring up my shoulder issues I have and I haven’t had them damn near this whole time! So I’m gonna drop the tren! FOREVER!! Just test and deca from here on out! Blast and cruise for life lol.

Give me some honest thoughts on running HGH for therapeutic reasons... shoulders and hips etc.. is this worth while if I can afford it of course! Honestly considering it. But I’ve heard it go both ways as far as helping heal the body etc...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So with a stubborn mind and a short test period I have decided to drop the Tren once and for all!! This entire meet prep I have been running 1g of test and currently 450 Deca that was a little higher but I had too much water retention. But as I came closer to the end right now little less than three weeks out I decided to try to run a low dose tren e for a little boost and it’s not turning out so well. Anxiety gut isn’t as bad as normal but it’s already flaring up my shoulder issues I have and I haven’t had them damn near this whole time! So I’m gonna drop the tren! FOREVER!! Just test and deca from here on out! Blast and cruise for life lol.

Give me some honest thoughts on running HGH for therapeutic reasons... shoulders and hips etc.. is this worth while if I can afford it of course! Honestly considering it. But I’ve heard it go both ways as far as helping heal the body etc...

I have never really heard anyone credit growth for helping deal with the aches and pains of getting huge and strong as ****.

Personally I didn't care for GH for PL due to the carpel tunnel among other things.

It would of course improve recovery otherwise.

Chaos501

Reaction score
I have never really heard anyone credit growth for helping deal with the aches and pains of getting huge and strong as ****.

Personally I didn't care for GH for PL due to the carpel tunnel among other things.

It would of course improve recovery otherwise.

I have what seems to be chronic tendon issues. And some hip pain and it mostly favors the left side. Doc said I’d need double hip replacement eventually not to mention the shoulder pain... so I’m just going as hard as I can for as long as I can but trying to do it as intelligently as possible. Thinking maybe the healing factor may help even just a bit not to mention cell multiplication can’t argue with wanting to grow ..lol that can’t be a bad thing.

I think I’d like to try it at least once in my life but we will see how it goes and not to mention finding quality GH seems to be an issue.

Chaos501

Reaction score
Deadlift night went well. Winding down for the meet pulled 635 pretty damn quick wife pullled 390 like it was nothing!! USPA Feb 17 !!! LETS GO!!!

Hit some leg leg accessories and hips afterwards over all felt damn good!

If your interested in videos PM me for IG

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
you pick up that turmeric yet? Has been helping out with my hip pain tremendously.

Chaos501

Reaction score
Killed shoulders tonight pump was ****ing intense!! I have kept my shoulders covered up since this summer today was the first day wearing a tank and I was pleased with the size increase the the intense pump! Shoulders have always been my weak point for sure!!! Ran up to 100s on dumbbells for overhead press and some decent heavy side and front raises and heavy rear fly’s! Love doing shoulders!!