Just heard from my ex-wife after two years

Kraken

Reaction score
After two very pleasant years, I had the distinct displeasure of hearing from my ex-wife a few days ago. Normally I wouldn't answer, but I figured if she was calling after two years, it may be important and about our adult daughter (she lives near our kid, I don't). Turns out she has a friend who is jammed up on a gun charge and wanted a lawyer reference. It was mostly a pleasant conversation and I actually had some hope that going forward she could be civil if we had to talk.

The next day the hateful texts started. I ignored her. Then the FB messages. I finally told her she has been angry her whole life, and she would be better served to let it go, and that as the mother of my kid all I wanted for her was peace and happiness. Her response was that she hates me.

Sometimes I wish I could hate her, she sure deserves it. And then I feel like a fool and a chump for not hating her. Oh well.

Just a little venting, sorry guys...

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Allow this communication to serve as a reminder re-enforcing your decision to end things 2 years ago ....

You are correct, angry people rarely change their overall demeanor and literally ruin the lives of those close to them .. I would imagine the quality of your life has improved exponentially

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could hate her, she sure deserves it. And then I feel like a fool and a chump for not hating her.

Sometimes that's what angry people want. Some consider the ability to live rent free in the mind of others a win in and of itself. Don't let her poison your mind, don't give her that victory.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to live your best life and leave them to fade into obscurity.

Kraken

Reaction score
Allow this communication to serve as a reminder re-enforcing your decision to end things 2 years ago ....

You are correct, angry people rarely change their overall demeanor and literally ruin the lives of those close to them .. I would imagine the quality of your life has improved exponentially
Oh I have been divorced nearly 10 years, it's just been two years since I had any contact with her. And yes, my life improved tremendously!

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
She only wanted to be choked fked y’all’s whole marriage.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
You did a great job of keeping an open mind that things could be civil and cordial. Unfortunately, some people stomp all over good intentions.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
Nah man, you played it cool and that is a way to be. Hate does nothing but burn, the person giving the hate as much as the one receiving it. It takes so much energy.

Here's one that always drives them nuts... saying I forgive you, especially when they didn't apologize. Let her be full of anger, and forgive her for that anger. It takes the wind right from their sails. Kill them with kindness.

Reaction score
Sounds like a she lost her dude she was seeing , and was looking for some attention.. I would shit can it, leave the past in the past.

Kraken

Reaction score
Nah man, you played it cool and that is a way to be. Hate does nothing but burn, the person giving the hate as much as the one receiving it. It takes so much energy.

Here's one that always drives them nuts... saying I forgive you, especially when they didn't apologize. Let her be full of anger, and forgive her for that anger. It takes the wind right from their sails. Kill them with kindness.

Her hate for me is a lot worse for her than it is for me. And yup, basically what I did, except I really do with hr peace, as much for her sake as our Daughter's.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
After two very pleasant years, I had the distinct displeasure of hearing from my ex-wife a few days ago. Normally I wouldn't answer, but I figured if she was calling after two years, it may be important and about our adult daughter (she lives near our kid, I don't). Turns out she has a friend who is jammed up on a gun charge and wanted a lawyer reference. It was mostly a pleasant conversation and I actually had some hope that going forward she could be civil if we had to talk.

The next day the hateful texts started. I ignored her. Then the FB messages. I finally told her she has been angry her whole life, and she would be better served to let it go, and that as the mother of my kid all I wanted for her was peace and happiness. Her response was that she hates me.

Sometimes I wish I could hate her, she sure deserves it. And then I feel like a fool and a chump for not hating her. Oh well.

Just a little venting, sorry guys...
I think you should hit it one last time....

New Threads