Large swelling/infection on glute

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Hi

Ive had a large swelling on my upper leg/glute area to my right leg. Around the spot where I usually inject but i almost always inject on my left side.

Its a huge swelling that seems to be intramuscular. I cant sleep on it atall. Its been like this for 4 days and ive also been showing flu like symptoms. Crazy night sweating, aching muslces and joints feeling very weak, some cold sores on lip which I only ever get when my immune/nervous system is shot. Ive also just been feelint generally sick. The pain from the swelling is terrible. Ofcourse i havnt been training this last 4 days

im trying to get booked into mu doctor asap. Could anyone speculate what it may be and what Inshould do (other than ofcourse seek medical attention from the doc)

thanks for the help

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like an abscess to me. Is there an urgent care nearby?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to get to the er bud. The longer you wait the worse it will be. I have a freind that landed in the er for a week because he waited to long. It's the nature of the game. Sometimes it happens....

Last edited:

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What did you inject?

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
There was a small abcess slightly below where this current large swelling is. But i squeezed it and its went away for the most part, there still a small lump and scar but nothing noticeable much. But this swelling i have seems deep intramuscular and honestly feels like someone injected a litre of botox fluid in one concentrated area of my glute.

I injected tren and test in the same syringe. I think maybe the syringe may have been a bit contaminated i had used it a few times stupidly.

I just really hope the doc will see me tommorow and treat me asap. Hopefully im not oit of training for too long the mental burden of not training for several weeks or more would be a disater more so than the physical hinderance

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There was a small abcess slightly below where this current large swelling is. But i squeezed it and its went away for the most part, there still a small lump and scar but nothing noticeable much. But this swelling i have seems deep intramuscular and honestly feels like someone injected a litre of botox fluid in one concentrated area of my glute.

I injected tren and test in the same syringe. I think maybe the syringe may have been a bit contaminated i had used it a few times stupidly.

I just really hope the doc will see me tommorow and treat me asap. Hopefully im not oit of training for too long the mental burden of not training for several weeks or more would be a disater more so than the physical hinderance
I'm gonna be really blunt here:

If you're doing shit like this then you have no business injecting drugs into your body.

Go to a doctor ASAP and then stop injecting until you have a better grasp on safe injection protocols.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
u change ure needles, don't ever inject same needle 2x times or more... ,that's awful, also I didn't get about the injection site, where did u inject ??

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i would do blood work asap, especially if you do not plan on seeing a GP, a PA, etc

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
I've seen softball size lumps on my buddies ass, they have always gone away.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
not by any means condoning or recommending anyone reuse needles & syringes.

in the late 80's used 3 syringes, grant you they were around 2 inch 21g 3ml

for an entire 12 week cycle with no infections what so ever

cleaned them with 70% alcohol wipe down plunge and purge twice & saturation

scored them at a feed store.

not saying to rule out contamination but you're not the first or last guy to pull this ignorant stunt

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
Always glad for advice from you guys but sometimes theres alot of over reacting on these forums. Imo its perfectly safe to use needles several times ive been pinning for over 3 years now using this approach. Just for convenience really. And ive never ever had any problems.

ive been to doc today and found out that it was acctually an intramuscular abcess that had formed and not an infection from injecting.

Hopefully I can get it resolved asap but just wanted to also make the point that yous guys saying using A needle twice or more is like the worst possible thing on earth need to ease up a bit

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
They're cheap, why take a chance. Everything is fine...until it's not.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always glad for advice from you guys but sometimes theres alot of over reacting on these forums. Imo its perfectly safe to use needles several times ive been pinning for over 3 years now using this approach. Just for convenience really. And ive never ever had any problems.

ive been to doc today and found out that it was acctually an intramuscular abcess that had formed and not an infection from injecting.

Hopefully I can get it resolved asap but just wanted to also make the point that yous guys saying using A needle twice or more is like the worst possible thing on earth need to ease up a bit
No. Re-using needles DRASTICALLY increases your risk of infection.

Being less lazy and buying extra pins is a whole lot cheaper than having necrotic flesh removed from your body.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also, you should punch the person who told you that this was safe directly in the eye and/or dick because that shit is dangerous and wrong.

Reactions: DF

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
I use 2 seperate needles draw with one... pin with a new one then throw away .... if you use a needle more than once your asking for an infection.... this is gear not heroine if you cant pin safely I'm questioning how safely your running your cycle

StephMalachy1990

Reaction score
I look like a fool here and I have apologies for my earlier post telling yous all to calm down about using needles twice or more because this problem was infact caused by bad injecting techniques, as ive found out by the doctor.

The doctor gave me antibiotics for a 7 day course. I didnt realise how much of a big deal this was but the swelling is absolutely ridiculous looking.
I pray to god I recover soon and there isn't even more problems beneath the surface so to speak in terms of blood infections etc. I'll definately be doing things properly in the future.

Reactions: CJ

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Google "necrotizing fasciitis". Go to images. Almost every single case that I've anesthetized for the debridement of such has been from using dirty needles/syringes. Don't reuse that stuff. Just don't.

New Threads