Lifting/Running shoes

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
What shoes do you all use for lifting and running? I’ve realized lately that I need to start wearing shoes made for supporting different things and that are better for my feet rather than what looks “cool” to me. I’ve been looking at the Under Armour Hovr Machina 3’s for running and cardio and the Under Armour Tribase Reign 4’s for lifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Lifting: Reebok Nanos for general lifting. Adidas Powerlifts for squats, Sabos for DL.

Running: Brooks Ghosts.

I’ll have to check those adidas and reeboks out. My girlfriend loves the Brooks Ghost’s. All she wears is Brooks. I’m looking into those as well. She’s a podiatrist and swears by them.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
I use No Bulls and their running shoes are solid too

I’ve seen those marketed online and have recently seen a few guys in the gym with them. Are they pretty supportive? I have pretty flat feet.

Fvckinashman

Reaction score
they are very supportive for me

they are decently wide but if you need a high arch support, you will need insoles, but I don't know any off the rack shoe that will provide that for you

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
they are very supportive for me

they are decently wide but if you need a high arch support, you will need insoles, but I don't know any off the rack shoe that will provide that for you

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I usually use powerstep insoles. I love them.

iGone

The Reporter
Reaction score
lifting: Vans, Chucks or Adidas Samba.

Running: Hoka Mach 4

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I’ll have to check those adidas and reeboks out. My girlfriend loves the Brooks Ghost’s. All she wears is Brooks. I’m looking into those as well. She’s a podiatrist and swears by them.

The Reeboks are nothing special, they just fit my feet well so that’s what I use. I don’t think that it really matters what you wear for general lifting.

The Powerlifts are good because they have a lift, but it’s not over-the-top like with, say, Romaleos.

The Ghosts are my absolute go-to. They’re light, comfortable and have the best stock insole I’ve ever worn. I run mostly on paved trails and love them.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
The Reeboks are nothing special, they just fit my feet well so that’s what I use. I don’t think that it really matters what you wear for general lifting.

The Powerlifts are good because they have a lift, but it’s not over-the-top like with, say, Romaleos.

The Ghosts are my absolute go-to. They’re light, comfortable and have the best stock insole I’ve ever worn. I run mostly on paved trails and love them.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback man. Yeah the Romaleos seem like too much for me. I’ve looked at the Nike metcon and some of those seem like they would be good. I’m pretty sure I’ll end up going with the Ghosts for the running shoe.

iGone

The Reporter
Reaction score
That’s one thing I can’t do. I know a lot of people prefer it. I just don’t think my feet are made for that.

It's definitely preference, I have size 9 feet that are about as wide as they are long so I hate shoes in general

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I have to wear 4Es, I have wide duck feet. Brooks Beast for the gym and everyday, and running? If I want to get smaller I'll just eat less.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Nanos and No Bulls are my gym shoes. I have wider feet, as I'm barefoot most of the time, so I have a healthy foot splay.

I don't run, it's stupid.

beefnewton

Reaction score
Inov-8 Bare xf-210 v3

No support whatsoever. On my third pair because I'm a color whore and also had to go up a size? Not a good running shoe unless you're a barefoot runner I guess. Before that was Nano v7's or v8's... pretty sure 7's. I abandoned those due to some serious stank taking them over. Plus, they weren't very durable. The decal started coming off pretty early on, and the material started fraying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fuck these other shoes. You will find no better shoes than these puppies….

1659015023398.jpeg

The New Balance 623v3. They are perfect for all of your needs. Whether it’s lifting, running, walking around the neighborhood, or mowing the lawn. I wear these everywhere. They’re popular too. Just like there’s a Jeep wave, every guy that knows, knows there’s a NB fist bump. Gotta blow it up after too. I wear mine with white crew socks and tan cargo shorts for general uses. When I got something more intense, the Jorts come out and I’ll flip my cap on backwards. Badass mode activated.

New Threads