"Millennials and Zoomers Are Soft"

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Dont know what generation 1967 is. But i had it way easier than my parents and my kids and grandkids. They would be living in a tent if i didnt help them Financially.

So i guess we try to fix what we broke.
Most 60s people I know feel the world is a harder place now to live in than in our youth.
Best thing was the music. After 2000 it sucked in equal measure to the fuel/ gas price at the time.
My first job I earned $450 per week at 17 years old gas was under 50 cents/ half dollar. For a quart. 1 litre.

Now I earn 3 times my first wage and fuel is over 5 times more.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Dont know what generation 1967 is. But i had it way easier than my parents and my kids and grandkids. They would be living in a tent if i didnt help them Financially.

So i guess we try to fix what we broke.
Most 60s people I know feel the world is a harder place now to live in than in our youth.
Best thing was the music. After 2000 it sucked in equal measure to the fuel/ gas price at the time.
My first job I earned $450 per week at 17 years old gas was under 50 cents/ half dollar. For a quart. 1 litre.

Now I earn 3 times my first wage and fuel is over 5 times more.
My first job was working in a slaughterhouse on the kill floor. Covered in brains n blood all day and bringing home a massive 177$ a week after taxes.

Hughinn

Reaction score
My first job was working in a slaughterhouse on the kill floor. Covered in brains n blood all day and bringing home a massive 177$ a week after taxes.

My first job was digging ditches for the cable company at .17¢ a foot

I was 14 years old

My job was to take a sharp shooter shovel and dig anywhere the trencher couldn't go because of utility lunes, grass, roots or whatever

The kids from more affluent families got to work at the movie theater, McDonald's, grocery stores or whatever

Preppy kids, miners brats, ranch kids, most all of us had jobs where and when I grew up and our parents weren't home alot of the time

I'm solid in generation x

Hughinn

Reaction score
Do it with your kids and call it even?

I'm solid generation x

First job was digging ditches for the cable company at .17¢ a foot piece work

The kids from the affluent families got jobs at the grocery stores, restaurants and theaters because the times I grew up in most kids Jr highschool and older had jobs

Our parents weren't home alot of the time, so we more or less raised ourselves

My story is pretty common for my generation

As a whole, we ain't soft by anybody's definition

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
boomers lived, grew up, voted, and spent in the most cushy period in american history, where the american dreamw as still alive and a single parent making 25k a year could support a family of 4, afford vacations, buy a home ect.

the fallout of that era is what milenials had to deal with, since inflation skyrocketed in our generation, the lie of "you wont get a job if you dont get a degree" fooling thousands into crippling student debt that they will never pay back, and housing markets that make even a starter home on TWO incomes hard to approach.

I was born in '93, my dad was a cop in one of the most underpaid departments making 20-30k a year, my mom stayed home and homeschooled us until we were in middle school.
Off that salary they managed to buy a home thats valued at 500k today, pay for all the renovations (although me and my dad did all the work) on that house, take 2 vacations a year (visiting grandparents in SC, and going to a grandparents timeshare in FL, said grandparents BOTH worked in non management roles in a grocery store to afford their home and timeshares)
My family was broke, my dad talks about how he would pull 2$ out of his check to buy an arizona iced tea every couple weeks as a treat, and the rest went to my mom who handled all the bills, food, cloths ect.
But we grew up not wanting for anything at all.

My parents worked their absolute asses off and pinched every penny to make sure we had everything we needed, BUT there is no amount of penny pinching that makes that possible today.

I think this is the case for most millennials, at least the fortunate ones, we are a product of our environment, same as the boomers (that learned frugality from their parents)

It wasnt directly boomers fault for the current economic situation, and the common complaints from millennials ARE valid real issues (Working more for less, our dollars being far less valuable, a housing market thats upside down). Fault lies with the administration we keep voting in that continue to do NOTHING to help real americans or fix the REAL issues in the country.

for decades, instead of fixing infrastructure, education, inflation, ect instead weve spent years pandering, allowing rampant corruption, feeding the inflation issue and insider trading to go unchecked. And all of these points have gotten worse and worse with every voting cycle.

I make pretty decent money for my age, I got lucky and got into an industry at a level that got my a lot of applicable experience and opportunities that landed me in high level project management at a relatively young age. I spend zero money on myself, ive sold all my toys, ive been wearing the same cloths for the last decade (except when i literally cant fit in them anymore), I wear a pair of sneakers until the soles fall off.
I was just barely able to buy a piece of shit 1200sqft starter home, in a very cheap suburb town that was completely dilapidated and ive spent the last 3 years renovating myself.

Because thats all i can afford, and cant afford to have anyone do the work, im going paycheck to paycheck to cover my already minimal bills and building materials and sacrificing every day off i have, just to have what the previous generation got much easier.

The "whiney" complaints of the millennial generation are very real issues (admittedly some of my generation are annoyingly vocal about them) but previous generations are not to blame. Our administration over the last 50 years that has embezzled trillions of our tax dollars, been in office for 40 years, and played the media and the culture against everyone to keep them distracted are to blame.

gen z on the other hand, are pampered little soy boys that grew up with far too much access to media, without the experience or knowledge to see it for what it is, and brainwashed by the soft ass cattle ranch that is the education system.

Hughinn

Reaction score
boomers lived, grew up, voted, and spent in the most cushy period in american history, where the american dreamw as still alive and a single parent making 25k a year could support a family of 4, afford vacations, buy a home ect.

the fallout of that era is what milenials had to deal with, since inflation skyrocketed in our generation, the lie of "you wont get a job if you dont get a degree" fooling thousands into crippling student debt that they will never pay back, and housing markets that make even a starter home on TWO incomes hard to approach.

I was born in '93, my dad was a cop in one of the most underpaid departments making 20-30k a year, my mom stayed home and homeschooled us until we were in middle school.
Off that salary they managed to buy a home thats valued at 500k today, pay for all the renovations (although me and my dad did all the work) on that house, take 2 vacations a year (visiting grandparents in SC, and going to a grandparents timeshare in FL, said grandparents BOTH worked in non management roles in a grocery store to afford their home and timeshares)
My family was broke, my dad talks about how he would pull 2$ out of his check to buy an arizona iced tea every couple weeks as a treat, and the rest went to my mom who handled all the bills, food, cloths ect.

My parents worked their absolute asses off and pinched every penny to make sure we had everything we needed, BUT there is no amount of penny pinching that makes that possible today.

I think this is the case for most millennials, at least the fortunate ones, we are a product of our environment, same as the boomers (that learned frugality from their parents)

It wasnt directly boomers fault for the current economic situation, and the common complaints from millennials ARE valid real issues (Working more for less, our dollars being far less valuable, a housing market thats upside down). Fault lies with the administration we keep voting in that continue to do NOTHING to help real americans or fix the REAL issues in the country.

for decades, instead of fixing infrastructure, education, inflation, ect instead weve spent years pandering, allowing rampant corruption, feeding the inflation issue and insider trading to go unchecked. And all of these points have gotten worse and worse with every voting cycle.

I make pretty decent money for my age, I got lucky and got into an industry at a level that got my a lot of applicable experience and opportunities that landed me in high level project management at a relatively young age. I spend zero money on myself, ive sold all my toys, ive been wearing the same cloths for the last decade (except when i literally cant fit in them anymore), I wear a pair of sneakers until the soles fall off.
I was just barely able to buy a piece of shit 1200sqft starter home, in a very cheap suburb town that was completely dilapidated and ive spent the last 3 years renovating myself.

Because thats all i can afford, and cant afford to have anyone do the work, im going paycheck to paycheck to cover my already minimal bills and building materials and sacrificing every day off i have, just to have what the previous generation got much easier.

The "whiney" complaints of the millennial generation are very real issues (admittedly some of my generation are annoyingly vocal about them) but previous generations are not to blame. Our administration over the last 50 years that has embezzled trillions of our tax dollars, been in office for 40 years, and played the media and the culture against everyone to keep them distracted are to blame.

gen z on the other hand, are pampered little soy boys that grew up with far too much access to media, without the experience or knowledge to see it for what it is, and brainwashed by the soft ass cattle ranch that is the education system.

I'm gen X

Not Boomer or millennial and I agree with what you said

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score

Great rant. But just as your generation can't improve things. Mine couldnt change things either. We just did what we did.
Yes it was easy. We were spoon fed. But at no time did I do something intentional to make it hard for my children or grand kids. Shit just went sour. I didn't piss in your cup.
If the blame is to be shoved down a throat perhaps world leaders will swallow it.
But there is no doubt that these times are stupid hard. And going to get much worse.
My grand parents were war babies. No food no jobs no money no houses. Do we blame that on the generation before them that went to war to save our countries. I hope not.
I take pride in what they did with so little hope for tomorrow. The tomorrow we are now all complaining about.
But I do agree with you.

Reaction score
I’m pretty soft but I also didn’t have a positive male role model growing up, so I’m trying to make up for lost time and on my own. But even now as an adult it’s hard for me to find someone I’d respect and look up to enough to want to emulate.

Reaction score
even now as an adult it’s hard for me to find someone I’d respect and look up to enough to want to emulate.
Yeah, at one point I came to realize that my dad isn't who I thought he was, and I started looking for role models to emulate.

After about 7 years, I have found precisely 0.

But I have found many men who have displayed behaviors I want to emulate... That has worked much better for me than looking to be someone else.

Reaction score
But at no time did I do something intentional to make it hard for my children or grand kids.
No one here is blaming an individual, but the collective behavior of Boomers and Gen X (like giving kids participation trophies, consistently nerfing the world around them, allowing women to run ramshod over men, enabling stupid terms like "toxic masculinity") were quite obviously going to cause major issues with the following generations.

Reaction score
I’m pretty soft but I also didn’t have a positive male role model growing up, so I’m trying to make up for lost time and on my own. But even now as an adult it’s hard for me to find someone I’d respect and look up to enough to want to emulate.
I’ll let you look up to me. I’m a pretty good role model.

Reaction score
Yeah, at one point I came to realize that my dad isn't who I thought he was, and I started looking for role models to emulate.

After about 7 years, I have found precisely 0.

But I have found many men who have displayed behaviors I want to emulate... That has worked much better for me than looking to be someone else.
I’ll let you look up to me too. There’s plenty of role model to go around for you to have some too.

I expect to be called “Father” though. Calling me “daddy” makes me feel uncomfortable.

Xxplosive

Reaction score
So you think millennials and gen Z are entitled, limp wristed, pronoun toting, victimhood mentality having soy bois?

Well you’re right… but who do you think raised them?

So maybe before you go shitting on the youngest 2 generations, take a good long look in the mirror at the vastly superior generations that allowed the Xim/Xers to win the culture war.

I’m looking squarely at you, Boomers and Gen X. Take some responsibility for being the only generation to have it better than both their parents and children, and for creating to social media matrix/hellscape your kids are addicted to, respectively.

Sincerely,
A millennial that’s trying to clean up your fucking mess.

P.S An extra fuck you to boomers who let the feminists control the narrative.

To be fair, society/media is probably 50% of the influence from 10+ yo and up--- no matter your parents do, the societal norms of your peers and media will be a massive influence.... which is why so many parents cant figure out why their kid acts a certain way despite them doing their best job to raise them.

Younger generations are basically taught that Discipline = Abuse, feelings are more important than facts, and the way to get respect is to be as disrespectful as possible.

I feel sorry af for anyone whose adolescence began in the last decade.

Xxplosive

Reaction score
I'm advocating that the parents of the latest 2 generations take some responsibility for their fuckups -- err I mean "children".

it is quite annoying to be lumped in with the rest of my generation when I have more in common with those who are 20-40 years my senior than those who are 10 years my junior.

Bro, you are generalizing every parent and child from entire generations. I am not sure that a universal apology from everyone would even do any good.

If you don't want to be lumped into the same generalization as others, you gotta others the same clean slate and judge people as individuals.

New Threads