My cycle post

Reaction score
Pretty glad I posted this. I was about to jump back in where I left off.

I'm going to hold off the cycle for now and just get back on my TRT dose with a little bump up to about 500mg test Cyp.

What BF% should I be looking at to start cycling again? I've never been skinny, always had a pudge even when running 5 miles a day in the Marines 3x a week.
Don’t bump it to 500 mg/week until after you lose the fat. Steroids don’t burn fat. They build muscle. You build muscle while eating, not while cutting.

Reaction score
I appreciate the forum knocking some sense into me. and I'm glad I made this post. I was never down to 10-12% and the majority of recreational lifters I have known hover around that 15-20. I'm not competing, I'm doing this just for me, and at almost 44 I need to do it right.

So I'm gonna wait until I drop this weight off and hit 18% before I get back into it. I need to get a recent bf measurement done as well.

Reaction score
I appreciate the forum knocking some sense into me. and I'm glad I made this post. I was never down to 10-12% and the majority of recreational lifters I have known hover around that 15-20. I'm not competing, I'm doing this just for me, and at almost 44 I need to do it right.

So I'm gonna wait until I drop this weight off and hit 18% before I get back into it. I need to get a recent bf measurement done as well.
18% isn’t there.

There’s a reason why we say this. You start blasting shit at 18% bf at the age you are, and guess what your blood pressure is going to do? Plus you’re likely going to want to eat in a slight surplus so you make a mistake and you’ll be 20+% bodyfat again in short time.

Never mind that you’re not gonna hold that bf% for very long because you’ll lose weight fast, then pogo right back when you stop the deficit.

New Threads