My morning blood sugar and other shit…

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is the title of this as it will prolly turn into a log…

Is 101 WHAT THE FUCK??

So ive had to start getting up way earlier than id like 4 am, then 430 am. But ive compensated by taking a tiny 5mlg benadryl and my xanax at night to hit the sleep quicker and earlier (i know dont tell me how bad it is to mix these)
And will have to stick to 0430 for the remainder of my days on earth i suppose

But this is what scares me about diving into gh or other items….

I ate a turkey and swiss samich before bed around 8 pm…… had other crap going on and also had some sonic ice cream around 730pm
Hit the bed around 815… fell asleep shit maybe around 9-10 somewhere in there…

Feel fuckin amazing right now but my blood sugar is 101….all ive done this morning is brush my teeth whilst in the shower cause i like to get shit done….

Why would it be 101? This perplexes me, imagine if i were to hit some gh …. 1 hell even .5 of an iu…. I maybe chasing my tail tryin to control it….

Ill do another test in a few hrs. After i take humanofort…. Only this morning….

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Is the title of this as it will prolly turn into a log…

Is 101 WHAT THE FUCK??

So ive had to start getting up way earlier than id like 4 am, then 430 am. But ive compensated by taking a tiny 5mlg benadryl and my xanax at night to hit the sleep quicker and earlier (i know dont tell me how bad it is to mix these)
And will have to stick to 0430 for the remainder of my days on earth i suppose

But this is what scares me about diving into gh or other items….

I ate a turkey and swiss samich before bed around 8 pm…… had other crap going on and also had some sonic ice cream around 730pm
Hit the bed around 815… fell asleep shit maybe around 9-10 somewhere in there…

Feel fuckin amazing right now but my blood sugar is 101….all ive done this morning is brush my teeth whilst in the shower cause i like to get shit done….

Why would it be 101? This perplexes me, imagine if i were to hit some gh …. 1 hell even .5 of an iu…. I maybe chasing my tail tryin to control it….

Ill do another test in a few hrs. After i take humanofort…. Only this morning….
Request an A1C test from your doctor. It will give you an average BG level over theee months rather than a single datapoint. It’s a much better diagnostic tool.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is fairly common in people with insulin/other metabolic issues.

It's often referred to as the 'dawn phenomenon'.

For reference, try taking a pre-bed BG reading, as well.

Reaction score
This is fairly common in people with insulin/other metabolic issues.

It's often referred to as the 'dawn phenomenon'.

For reference, try taking a pre-bed BG reading, as well.
I second this. My morning fasted glucose can be over 100.

But when I've taken it right before bed it's under 100.

My A1C is also 5.1-5.4 which is below the prediabetic range. My doctor tells me not to worry.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Even after taking 1 humanofort an hr later it was only 98… not stating humanofort lowers ur bg but wanted to try it to see…

I also get reactive hypoglycemia after meals at times so its a battle… especially cause i want to hit up my gh…. But getting bg under control is job 1

Thanks for the feedback guys

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Is your blood glucose over 100 every morning or just this last time you checked?

Its going to fluctuate so don't be alarmed of a reading over 100 every now and then. Obviously you know your diet and body comp so this may or may not apply to you but your body can release glucagon at night if your blood sugar gets on the lower side. That obviously in turn raises blood glucose and you can get readings like this quite frequently. That doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Only way to really know where your body is is to get the A1C test.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is your blood glucose over 100 every morning or just this last time you checked?

Its going to fluctuate so don't be alarmed of a reading over 100 every now and then. Obviously you know your diet and body comp so this may or may not apply to you but your body can release glucagon at night if your blood sugar gets on the lower side. That obviously in turn raises blood glucose and you can get readings like this quite frequently. That doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Only way to really know where your body is is to get the A1C test.
I frequently have blood sugar issues, between it dropping and it raising ….. thats why i started this thread and hoping to turn it into a sort of health log….

I need to clean up the diet a bit and get back to my doc for better in depth blood work for sure

New Threads