My typical diet

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
In the morning I hit 2 scoops IsoPure protein drink at 5:30 am. Coffee with the Quest bar at 8:30. Veggies at 10:30. Pretzels at 11:30. 10 oz of some lean meat: ham, chicken breast or in this case venison. Oinks Greek yogurt at 2:30. Up to this point, I have about 1,200 cals in with about 170g of protein. Yeah, it's all timed out. Macros are about 20% F-60% P-20% C at this point. At the end of the day, it's probably closer to 25-35-40 ±

Before the gym I hit a 20 oz coffee. Dinner at 7:00 pm is a little loose it will have a min of 30g of protein. Night time snack could pick up another 20g of protein. Probably come in around 2,600 cals depending on what I have for dinner and snack.

This holds a semi- lean body at 217 lb- 5'-9"

Guys have heard me preach to not let yourself go to hell in a hand basket only to have to do a hard cut for summer. At no time during the day will I ever be hungry on this diet. Even if I cut 300 cals out of my diet by just being more selective with my dinner and night time snack, I will not be hungry and with some additional light cardio, I can drop a lb or 3 in body weight.

1650979571427.png

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Simple yet effective.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
This is very similar to how are you, and it works really well. My weight will stay right at 218 (I'm 6'3"), but if I want to drop 5 pounds, I can do it quickly by just adjusting my diet a little bit.

Just like @snake said, I am never hungry. I don't enjoy being hungry at all. I also find it disheartening to put on a bunch of weight, and then have to cut.

This is really good solid advise from snake, and he's been living this life for a lot longer than most of us. This is what works for the long-haul.

Sven Northman

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing man. I tend to get caught up in details. I like the simplicity.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
This is very similar to how are you, and it works really well. My weight will stay right at 218 (I'm 6'3"), but if I want to drop 5 pounds, I can do it quickly by just adjusting my diet a little bit.

Just like @snake said, I am never hungry. I don't enjoy being hungry at all. I also find it disheartening to put on a bunch of weight, and then have to cut.

This is really good solid advise from snake, and he's been living this life for a lot longer than most of us. This is what works for the long-haul.
Hungry is for sub 12%. I'm ok with 12.5 and not having that, When can I eat feeling

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You maintain 217lbs with 2600 calories?
Did I stutter? lol That's pretty close; give or take 150 cals.

Since you asked, it seems that's hard for you to wrap your mind around but there's probably some factor or factors you're not seeing. Ask where you think this is off and we can go over it.

deadlift666

Elite
Reaction score
Nice. I have a pretty similar diet and meal timing. Works pretty well. Easy to add or take away small things when cutting a bit or adding some size. I have no problem doing the same food over and over.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score

Since you asked, it seems that's hard for you to wrap your mind around but there's probably some factor or factors you're not seeing. Ask where you think this is off and we can go over it.

Yeah, i was a bit surprised at this as well.
I would have thought you had a higher maintence intake

Long term trends can change how yoir body reacts and adjusts,
One of these days ill settle into a solid 365 diet

One day lol

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, i was a bit surprised at this as well.
I would have thought you had a higher maintence intake

Long term trends can change how yoir body reacts and adjusts,
One of these days ill settle into a solid 365 diet

One day lol
It's not an absolute but the TDEE calculator is a good start. I just rechecked it and I'm at about 2750 TDEE so that's too shocking for me.

Some factors that may not be apparent is my age. That 2750 TDEE is for a 56 y.o. man. Now someone half my age is going to need about another 400 cals at the same height and BW. Another factor is that I ride a desk all day. If I were in construction, I'd easily need another 800 cals a day.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice. I have a pretty similar diet and meal timing. Works pretty well. Easy to add or take away small things when cutting a bit or adding some size. I have no problem doing the same food over and over.
Good for you for always staying in striking distance of that beach look. It's easier that way when all you have to do is subtract a little out of your diet and add a little cardio to your day. That keeps the process of looking good within reach. It's also a healthier lifestyle.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's not an absolute but the TDEE calculator is a good start. I just rechecked it and I'm at about 2750 TDEE so that's too shocking for me.

Some factors that may not be apparent is my age. That 2750 TDEE is for a 56 y.o. man. Now someone half my age is going to need about another 400 cals at the same height and BW. Another factor is that I ride a desk all day. If I were in construction, I'd easily need another 800 cals a day.

An interesting study on age and metabolism

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
But also, this is an invaluable thread. I think almost everybody on this board and out in the real world aspire to look half as good as snake, regardless of age.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
But also, this is an invaluable thread. I think almost everybody on this board and out in the real world aspire to look half as good as snake, regardless of age.

It's sad that guys like me are the exception rather than the rule because it's not really that hard. It is a life long commitment but done 1 day at a time. When guys ask what's the secret to looking good at 56 I tell them, Don't wait until 55 to start.

I said this before:

I have 1 saying that hangs in the Snake Pit, 1 and only one.
"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

An interesting study on age and metabolism
I do think the body naturally compensates over time. My Mom eats like a bird, then I watch my 20 sum y.o. men eat. lol

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to believe that you eat any type of vegetable. :LOL:

Dex

Elite
Reaction score

No, no stutter. I was amazed to read the amount of calories though. I was over 20% BF when I was 212 and had to fight myself to eat over 3500 to get over 205-208lb range. I'm just envious that you can maintain that much muscle with a cleaner look than I had for only 2600 calories.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to believe that you eat any type of vegetable. :LOL:
When did you start opening up threads that had to do with diet? :ROFLMAO:

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Funny how varied humans are. For nearly a year I've done OMAD (one meal a day) of 2 Fairlife 26g protein drink+7 jumbo eggs+chicken and rice+3 miniature Reese's cups+fairlife 2% milk+graham crackers and I'm the biggest+shredded I've ever been (with avatar+pics to prove it).

I also do ~5L of water and cardio daily, though. Cardio is the biggest game changer with being shredded for me.

Keep up the great work, Snake!

New Threads