Need help with calculation

Reaction score
Good day all
I am starting my fitness journey and am looking at following the shortcut to size programme from Jim stoppani that I have come across online , I know some people have there own views on his content but I thought I'd try it out for myself and see how I get on.
I want to get the nutrition side of it knuckled down so I am following it properly but I'm struggling a bit to figure out just exactly how much I should be having each meal such as how much fat ,protein,carbs etc.
I'm looking to see if anyone may be able to help me out with it and maybe explain how I can calculate it out. Currently I am at 154 pounds . I have posted a link to a pdf of the work out for anyone to check out.
Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance

Attachments

• shortcut_to_size_e-book_revised_9-9-15 (1).pdf
    461 KB · Views: 2

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Good day all
I am starting my fitness journey and am looking at following the shortcut to size programme from Jim stoppani that I have come across online , I know some people have there own views on his content but I thought I'd try it out for myself and see how I get on.
I want to get the nutrition side of it knuckled down so I am following it properly but I'm struggling a bit to figure out just exactly how much I should be having each meal such as how much fat ,protein,carbs etc.
I'm looking to see if anyone may be able to help me out with it and maybe explain how I can calculate it out. Currently I am at 154 pounds . I have posted a link to a pdf of the work out for anyone to check out.
Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance
How many calories are you eating right now?

Are you maintaining your weight at that amount of calories? If so then good, that is your maintenance calories. Start by adding 500 calories per day to that amount.

Protein, eat at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. If you can eat more then that's fine. Get your protein from animal sources.

Backfill the rest of your calories with carbs; eat good carbs... don't eat junk if you can help it.

Last is fats. If you are natural then aim for 50g of fat daily. Chances are you don't even need to worry about the fat macro. It should automatically get satisfied by the fats you have in your protein sources.

Reaction score
How many calories are you eating right now?

Are you maintaining your weight at that amount of calories? If so then good, that is your maintenance calories. Start by adding 500 calories per day to that amount.

Protein, eat at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. If you can eat more then that's fine. Get your protein from animal sources.

Backfill the rest of your calories with carbs; eat good carbs... don't eat junk if you can help it.

Last is fats. If you are natural then aim for 50g of fat daily. Chances are you don't even need to worry about the fat macro. It should automatically get satisfied by the fats you have in your protein sources.
Agree with everything stated here except fats (kind of). For your weight, 50g fats would be fine.

Aim for 0.3g/lb BW for fats minimum. This is a necessity to keep your body producing hormones at an optimal (nutritional) level. As said above, I do agree with the rest, and 50g/day is also fine for your current weight - just keep it in mind to up them as you increase weight.
^This is a minimum so you can go over this amount, but Carbs are very anabolic as well - filling the rest of your nutritional goals via carbs would suit you well.

If you want a place to start, search for TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) Calculator and you will find some good ones. Not going to link as folks here are link-averse (understandably).

Last edited:

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Agree with everything stated here except fats (kind of). For your weight, 50g fats would be fine.

Aim for 0.3g/lb BW for fats minimum. This is a necessity to keep your body producing hormones at an optimal (nutritional) level. As said above, I do agree with the rest, and 50g/day is also fine for your current weight - just keep it in mind to up them as you increase weight.
^This is a minimum so you can go over this amount, but Carbs are very anabolic as well - filling the rest of your nutritional goals via carbs would suit you well.

If you want a place to start, search for TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) Calculator and you will find some good ones. Not going to link as folks here are link-averse (understandably).
You can link a TDEE calculator. The only reason I didn't do it was because I felt lazy.

New Threads