TRT and sodium intake

Reaction score
Hey yall, I started TRT 2 weeks ago today. I’m doing 60mg 2x a week. I’ve noticed that I no longer have visible abs and my face is a little puffier. I have been taking MK677 to help bulk and have put on probably 8-10 pounds in the past month or so. So that could definitely be making a difference. But I have been reading online that you should watch your sodium intake on TRT due to increased water retention.
I am someone who has a fuck ton of sodium. I drench my rice in soy sauce and spicy Mayo, season my steak or meats up with a fuck ton of seasonings and do the same with my veggies. I never realized that sodium causes so much bloating. Any recommendations on this? Should I try to just completely cut out using soy sauce and other sodium heavy sauces? Is there any good sodium free seasoning or sauces anyone recommends? Thanks!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Mk677 can also cause water retention. If your sodium intake was similar pre and post starting TRT, I'd look at the MK first.

Reaction score
Mk677 can also cause water retention. If your sodium intake was similar pre and post starting TRT, I'd look at the MK first.
That makes sense, I’ve been thinking about cutting it for a while, I think it causes me bad stomach issues too.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
it's the mk677, and possibly diet. You likely won't notice bloating from sodium, especially if you take in the roughly the same amount daily.

Reaction score
Appreciate it bro, gonna cut the MK, it fucks up my stomach too

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
That makes sense, I’ve been thinking about cutting it for a while, I think it causes me bad stomach issues too.

If you're trying to bulk, you need to eat. Drop ANYTHING that gives you stomach issues.

Reaction score
If you're trying to bulk, you need to eat. Drop ANYTHING that gives you stomach issues.
You’re right, definitely cutting the MK today. Thanks for helping brother

buck

Reaction score
8-10 pounds of weight with what you are taking would seem to point to accumulating water and/or fat. The MK677 can cause water retention as it can aid in GH production. But it can also be bad for glucose levels.

Reaction score
8-10 pounds of weight with what you are taking would seem to point to accumulating water and/or fat. The MK677 can cause water retention as it can aid in GH production. But it can also be bad for glucose levels.
I don’t feel like I have put on much muscle and or strength in the past month or two. So I think you’re right.

New Threads