P90X and Anavar

G

Georgia

I already own p90x so it's free. And it'll save gas. Gym membership expired so why not. Eat huge and go heavy it should recomp nicely

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I already own p90x so it's free. And it'll save gas. Gym membership expired so why not. Eat huge and go heavy it should recomp nicely

Alright fuck it I won't knock it then. How about before and after pics though. I work next to a "beachbody coach" and I give her shit about it all day long...

G

Georgia

Olive Juice Pillar *mouths words* Remember that shit back in middle school?

Anyways, me & the lady are starting it tomorrow. I hope I do not puke my guts out like the last time I hit cardio hard. Will be wearing a back pack full of weight on pushups and pullups. Hopefully I'll be sexier (if that is even possible) in 90 days.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Olive Juice Pillar *mouths words* Remember that shit back in middle school?

Anyways, me & the lady are starting it tomorrow. I hope I do not puke my guts out like the last time I hit cardio hard. Will be wearing a back pack full of weight on pushups and pullups. Hopefully I'll be sexier (if that is even possible) in 90 days.

Olive juice? You must mean elephant shoes...

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i would get some test in there man.

another idea would be osta (sarm). non supressive (well for the most part) will give 10-20% strength gains and burns lots of fat. at 20-25mg is pretty dam good stuff.

G

Georgia

Thanks Gym. I have been running almost every day this week to get at least a little bit in shape before P90X on Monday. Thanks to everyone for their input and especially PoB for being mean to me. His "constructive criticism" has a little bite to it

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I prefer to call it a nibble... This starts Monday or something?

G

Georgia

Yeah. I vomited and almost passed out the first time. Trying to get my cardio up first before I begin this..."recomp". Conditioning is everything with this junk.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I vomited and almost passed out the first time. Trying to get my cardio up first before I begin this..."recomp". Conditioning is everything with this junk.

Not sure running will condition you for this... Tabata sprints would likely be better. You need to up your VO2 max to keep rolling along with the vid...

G

Georgia

Yeah...that's what I'm scared of...that I'm not pushing myself hard enough running miles...and need to be doing hard sprints instead. I'll find out Monday what kind of condition I am in.

Reaction score
Georgia keep us updated on this man, open a thread.

Oenomaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you're wanting to save gas & membership money, p90x isn't a bad program if used correctly. One problem I ran into is the weight you start with quickly becomes too little. As long as you do all the routines & don't cut corners you'll see nice results. Still pales in comparison to old fashioned weight training.

G

Georgia

That's why I want to get Powerblocks or something. Anyone have experience with adjustable dumbbells?

Oenomaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used some Walmart brand adjustable dumbbells. If you can afford the high dollar variety it's a better bet. You'll want to change weight frequently with the exercises. It helps if you don't have to pause to switch & can keep your heart rate up.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Insanity is way better than P90x man it is tough and good stuff I ran it 3 times last year and then afterwards would hit 2 sets of each exercise for the bodypart I would work that day got strong and lean. Hit me a PM I hacked the DVD's and can hit you with a free copy.

GSgator

Reaction score
I'm sure I will get slammed here but I run the P90X every year I just extend it out to 16weeks that program shreds me up like no other. You just follow it to T as hard as the plyo is just do it also do all 1:30min of the yoga if you have time try the 2 a days. I like to throw in chest at the gym every 2 weeks just because push-ups only take you so far but besides that like already mentioned don't stay with the same Dumbbells I would say once you can rep out 12-15 in Tony's time frame lol increase the weight 5- 10lb's I think this go I'm going to try the bands.

Last edited: