Polo Shirts that Don't Fit Like a Fookin' Circus Tent

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Every morning after shit and before shower. Been at 238-242 for a CPL months now

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
not really brand or store specific here. I do have the same issue, i just make sure they are tapered a bit and usually thats enough.

But when the misses or some one randomly buys me a gift.....never works out, they always go back

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My company gave me a bunch of Adidas polos recently that fit pretty decent. It’s snug in the chest and arms, but doesn’t hang of my midsection like a tent. Not bad. I absolutely hate wearing this shit but it is what it is.

These are good shirts to kick around in.

When I have the coin I go to DXL and buy Polo’s and have them tailored at the dry cleaners. You’ll have close to $100 in a shirt but a real Polo will last 6-8 years.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Izod polos from Sam's Club have worked better for me than others in the past, but I'm cheap.

I did get some Banana Republic ones on sale, but if you go this route make sure you buy a size larger than you usually wear. Skinny fuk brand.

Found a Banana Republic shirt for $20 on Amazon. Gonna give it a try, went with a 2XL. Cheers, M8.

Reaction score
These are good shirts to kick around in.

When I have the coin I go to DXL and buy Polo’s and have them tailored at the dry cleaners. You’ll have close to $100 in a shirt but a real Polo will last 6-8 years.
I can’t see dropping 100 bones on a shirt that I will have off the second I hit the parking lot. My wife’s constantly telling me I need to dress better for work, I tell her Dickies got me here and they’ll keep me here!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can’t see dropping 100 bones on a shirt that I will have off the second I hit the parking lot. My wife’s constantly telling me I need to dress better for work, I tell her Dickies got me here and they’ll keep me here!

Totally understand. I usually dress like a cross between Tarzan and the Brawney guy. There are times I have to dress up in more than my Carhartt pants and plain jane pocket Tshirt though. A guy that taught me to work for myself some years ago told me, that if you go to a client looking like you just crawled out from under a Kenworth thats exactly how he is going to pay you. It always stuck with me.

Dickies were pretty pricey before Walmart started carrying them.

Gabriel

Reaction score
It's dress shirts that piss me off............Had some tailored years ago,best way to go................

Reaction score
Totally understand. I usually dress like a cross between Tarzan and the Brawney guy. There are times I have to dress up in more than my Carhartt pants and plain jane pocket Tshirt though. A guy that taught me to work for myself some years ago told me, that if you go to a client looking like you just crawled out from under a Kenworth thats exactly how he is going to pay you. It always stuck with me.

Dickies were pretty pricey before Walmart started carrying them.
I think I pay 20 bucks a pair from the dickies site.

I totally get what you’re saying, I had a boss tell me “if you ever plan to advance in your career, you’re going to need to dress the part”. I’ve been fortunate that I’ve been able to fight that for the most part, but now I have to wear at least a polo shirt. I’m the only manager in a hat and dirty work boots (I ****in love this pair of thorogoods and refuse to give them up) but eventually I’m sure I’ll have to make some minor improvements.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
IDK if they have polo shirts, but the dress shirts from Men's Wearhouse have a "slim fit" option and those fit better. If I would lose more fat, my shirts would be even more tent like...