Project Steeler

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get it out of your system and get yer arse back down in that dungeon!! Keep your head up. You're one of the most inspirational blokes on this whole bloody board. I agree with DYS - you get two days to rage and then back to the grind.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
WTF, how do you not get your opener in a bench only bro?

I wish I knew man, the only thing I did different was cut weight. I felt good warming up, Snake made a vid of 365 for me and it went up nice and straight and it felt good. So I decided to keep the opener at 405. After watching the vid of the opener my elbows flared and it was over.

What happened steel? I'm sure your pissed but remember there will be more competitions for you to crush man.

I really have no idea what happened, I was 100% sure id hit the opener and the second. I was a little sketchy about the record but it would have been a new PR.

One thing that I did learn is that I need to learn to bench a different way. I need to learn how to engage my lats another way. When I bench here at home, I do it by pulling the bar out of the rack. In competition it doesn't work that way. The bench on the platform is set at a height and you take the hand off from there. Im not making excuses but I would have been way more comfortable it the bar was higher from the start, and I could have pulled more to engage my lats.

I know that you cant win them all, trust me I played for some shitty teams when I was a kid so I know all about loosing. Powerlifting is a 3 part sport, squat, bench, and deadlift, and I really have always considered bench to be my best lift. I know some of the other guys around here are better squatters and pullers than me but I really considered myself as an excellent bencher. I was in no way shape or form prepared to bomb out of bench only, the thought NEVER crossed my mind. I was prepared to miss the record but not my opener. Its gonna take me a few days to lick my wounds but i'll be back at it soon enough.

I'd like to say thank you to all of you guys for your support. This thread is almost a year old and you guys have been there with me from the start.

Alpha, thanks for making the trip to help me, your a true friend and I cant wait for you guys to come and see our home.

Snake, thanks for your support, It was very nice to meet you. My kids are still talking about how nice you were to them.

What am I gonna do next you ask? Well my plan is to go down to a cruise and take a few steps backward. Im prob gonna loose a few pounds and have to take weight off the bar but its a nessary evil I think. I need to go back to go forward and after the holidays ill be back in the dungeon tearing shit up again.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
365 to 405 is too big a jump.

Yeah bro your correct with a hand off you need to engage your lats at end of hand off, I too am having this issue because or the years training alone..

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I

I really have no idea what happened, I was 100% sure id hit the opener and the second. I was a little sketchy about the record but it would have been a new PR.

One thing that I did learn is that I need to learn to bench a different way. I need to learn how to engage my lats another way. When I bench here at home, I do it by pulling the bar out of the rack. In competition it doesn't work that way. The bench on the platform is set at a height and you take the hand off from there. Im not making excuses but I would have been way more comfortable it the bar was higher from the start, and I could have pulled more to engage my lats.

I know that you cant win them all, trust me I played for some shitty teams when I was a kid so I know all about loosing. Powerlifting is a 3 part sport, squat, bench, and deadlift, and I really have always considered bench to be my best lift. I know some of the other guys around here are better squatters and pullers than me but I really considered myself as an excellent bencher. I was in no way shape or form prepared to bomb out of bench only, the thought NEVER crossed my mind. I was prepared to miss the record but not my opener. Its gonna take me a few days to lick my wounds but i'll be back at it soon enough.

I'd like to say thank you to all of you guys for your support. This thread is almost a year old and you guys have been there with me from the start.

Alpha, thanks for making the trip to help me, your a true friend and I cant wait for you guys to come and see our home.

Snake, thanks for your support, It was very nice to meet you. My kids are still talking about how nice you were to them.

Alright since your are my big brother here, I am gonna put my two cents in. The meet didn't go as planned. So what? You didn't leave anyone down, nor should you feel that way. We are competitors and its part of it. We gonna win some and lose some. And you know what Steel?? Everyone on here knows how hard you bring it day in and day out. Do I wish i would of been different and you hit them all.....of course. Will I be there when you do hit them all........Of fukn course I will be. Your not a quitter, but a master at overcoming set backs....Ive seen it. I also was with you when pressed 425. So I know you can do it. Yeah yeah yea, it wasnt on the platform but it will be, guarantee it will be.
Regroup brother an reclaim. Even on your worst day you bring it more then half the people on the boards. So lets do it pussy!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
God damn it here you all go acting like pussies again!

Screw all this ass kissing bullshit, let me show you all how to do it right.

Steelers4Life pull your head out of your ass and get your shit straight and get back on the platform because at this point all you can do is rub pussy on it and move on!

Man you guys don't get Powerlifting at all do you? Do you realize treating him like a pussy with all this hug and kisses shit just makes things worst it screws a mans head up?

Simple facts, rub pussy on it and get back under the bar that's it!

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Steelers4Life pull your head out of your ass and get your shit straight and get back on the platform because at this point all you can do is rub pussy on it and move on!

Man you guys don't get Powerlifting at all do you? Do you realize treating him like a pussy with all this hug and kisses shit just makes things worst it screws a mans head up?

Yea your Right Fukin dick, Embarrassed to call Steel My friend. is that better?

Last edited:

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Yea your Right Fukin dick, Embarassed to call Steel Man friend. is that better?

No pampering bro in Powerlifting maybe Crossfit but not our sport.

Powerlifter is always about correct shit that has gone wrong.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Haha. I bombed out of my last meet. When I got home, my own god damn wife told me to get my head out of my ass and stop moaping around like a pussy...never in my life have I felt such an urge to Ray Rice a hoe!!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I'm will to bet he took to big a jump from warm up to platform and things got into his head with the hand off and missed lifts.

The honest fact is he should have NEVER bombed a bench only and never missed his opener.

He should have took 385 after 365 then go 405, a 40 pound jump is too big especially if there is a wait from warm up to 1st attempt.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
By the way that is why there is a 24hr rule, you can't say shit until after that then you can talk all kinds of shit.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Alight men no fighting in my thread. SfG I always go from 365-405. Done it a dozen times lately and but the 405 like it was nothing. It's nobody's fault but my own, I think it as a combo of a few things. I'm already in th market for a competition bench so I can train on the same equipment as I compete on. Did the bar hight thing enter my mind, yes it did but I thought I could overcome it because I did it once before.

This is Prob gonna be the end of my thread, ive been through a lot since I started this thread from changing gyms a few times to changing jobs a few times. You guys have been here for me but I really don't think I have anything else to offer. I'm as good as I'm gonna get and let's face it I'm not gonna be a professional PL. I don't have the money to invest in it to go any farther. Am I gonna quit , no I'm not. I'll prob do some local meets that I can drive to. But as far as spending money on motel rooms and spending time away from my family, that part is over.

Let's face it eating clean costs money, gear costs money, motels, entry fees, they all cost money. Money that I should be spending on my kids and my wife, not myself.
So long story short, I'm gonna step back from gear and PL for awhile and just keep lifting in my dungeon. I'd love to squat 600 some day !!!

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
double post.

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Alight men no fighting in my thread. SfG I always go from 365-405. Done it a dozen times lately and but the 405 like it was nothing. It's nobody's fault but my own, I think it as a combo of a few things. I'm already in th market for a competition bench so I can train on the same equipment as I compete on. Did the bar hight thing enter my mind, yes it did but I thought I could overcome it because I did it once before.

This is Prob gonna be the end of my thread, ive been through a lot since I started this thread from changing gyms a few times to changing jobs a few times. You guys have been here for me but I really don't think I have anything else to offer. I'm as good as I'm gonna get and let's face it I'm not gonna be a professional PL. I don't have the money to invest in it to go any farther. Am I gonna quit , no I'm not. I'll prob do some local meets that I can drive to. But as far as spending money on motel rooms and spending time away from my family, that part is over.

Let's face it eating clean costs money, gear costs money, motels, entry fees, they all cost money. Money that I should be spending on my kids and my wife, not myself.
So long story short, I'm gonna step back from gear and PL for awhile and just keep lifting in my dungeon. I'd love to squat 600 some day !!!

Just one word from me....RESPECT

Reaction score
Damn Steel thats some real shit right there. Sorry it didnt work out on the last note but hell you wont be punished if you ever change your mind

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have some ties in the community and can get a hold of lambert, I'm gonna have him come tell you how hard he had it. He didn't have any teeth so how can man eat meat?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Take care of business babe, just don't stop coming around :)

New Threads