Traveling Woe’s

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you fellas had either any experience in frequent travel, and maybe some ideas to overcome not having access to a kitchen for SEVERAL days per week, approximately 60% of the year.
I’m usually out of town from either Monday nights until Thursday afternoon’s, or Tuesday mornings until Thursday nights. Either fucking way, it’s a pain in the ass to keep my diet exactly how i need it to be. I can’t take anything but powders and rice cups on the plane, and I don’t have access to full kitchens. I find myself drinking a lot of my calories, and ordering Chipotle. For fucks sake, it gets frustrating. Anyone have any practical ideas or past/present experience with this? I mean, I guess I could just buy tuna cans and microwaveable rice, along with my shakes?
BTW, I train on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Mondays at 5am, then hit a nearby gym in whatever city I’m in on Tuesdays, and the rest on Wed/Thurs (cardio - of I can call it that - only).

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Some local grocery stores carry some decent hot food. It's pretty close to home cooked. At least it's not McDonald's.

Reaction score
Fair point - the settled for tuna pouches and microwave rice cups from gas stations today. I’ll shoot for a Publix or Kroger tomorrow. Good call.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Can you bring a bunch of jerky on a plane?

Buy a big dehydrator or pellet smoker and get busy. You can cover a lot of protein with just jerky.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Fair point - the settled for tuna pouches and microwave rice cups from gas stations today. I’ll shoot for a Publix or Kroger tomorrow. Good call.

Also, how about sliced turkey or roast beef at the grocery store deli, put it in your hotel room's mini fridge? Pair it with fruit, such as apples, oranges, or bananas.

Reaction score
Can you bring a bunch of jerky on a plane?

Buy a big dehydrator or pellet smoker and get busy. You can cover a lot of protein with just jerky.
Thats a badass idea - I happen to be an avid “meat smoker..” 🫢 Had to roll with it…
I do have several homemade smokers and a pellet.. thanks for the idea.
Also, how about sliced turkey or roast beef at the grocery store deli, put it in your hotel room's mini fridge? Pair it with fruit, such as apples, oranges, or bananas.
I fucking love this board… you guys are solid. Kind of a stupid question to ask, but thanks for chiming in, as it’s really fucking frustrating to dial in your diet with a solid plan, and then have it challenged by travel. Makes it feel like you’re going backwards.

Side note: I have a confession - 100% went to 3 different “Planet Fitenss’s” in three different cities this week, but i assure you it’s better than the Hilton “Fitness” center.

Thanks again, fellas

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thats a badass idea - I happen to be an avid “meat smoker..” 🫢 Had to roll with it…
I do have several homemade smokers and a pellet.. thanks for the idea.

I fucking love this board… you guys are solid. Kind of a stupid question to ask, but thanks for chiming in, as it’s really fucking frustrating to dial in your diet with a solid plan, and then have it challenged by travel. Makes it feel like you’re going backwards.

Side note: I have a confession - 100% went to 3 different “Planet Fitenss’s” in three different cities this week, but i assure you it’s better than the Hilton “Fitness” center.

Thanks again, fellas

There's nothing wrong with Planet Fitness, you can get in a great workout. Pushups, situps, and bodyweight squats burn some calories, too, and are better than nothing.

Also, while on your trips, go for long walks, both for exercise and to explore the city.

Reaction score
Yeah, you’re right, it wasn’t like they didn’t have decent equipment and weights…they just look at you kinda funny if you happen to make a God-forsaken noise when pushing heavy things around.

All good recommendations! Thank ya sir

New Threads