VEGAN BODYBUILDING

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Ive been vegan 9 years or so.. It's tricky but you can make progress with it. Imo the biggest thing is that it's harder to eat for a cut. No major issues putting on mass really, strength is fine.
I will say In my experience my digestion is far far better on V. I have some genes that definitely do not like dairy though.. I should have figured this out as a kid from the hot boxes that rival tear gas chambers that my dad was capable of after pizza night in the 90s

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Ive been vegan 9 years or so.. It's tricky but you can make progress with it. Imo the biggest thing is that it's harder to eat for a cut. No major issues putting on mass really, strength is fine.
I will say In my experience my digestion is far far better on V. I have some genes that definitely do not like dairy though.. I should have figured this out as a kid from the hot boxes that rival tear gas chambers that my dad was capable of after pizza night in the 90s
But did you have to suffer dutch ovens growing up? 😂

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Peas are high in protein for a veggie.

I love green veggies, especially green peas.

I think they have pea protein powders but I have never tried them so not sure how they are.

Maybe read some reviews?

Valdosta

Reaction score

I think they have pea protein powders but I have never tried them so not sure how they are.

Maybe read some reviews?
the sodium content in all the pea protein powders ive seen is ridiculous. makes the product unusable for more than 1 serving a day. useless

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score

Maybe read some reviews?
Not suprised you don’t understand different amino acids

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
the sodium content in all the pea protein powders ive seen is ridiculous. makes the product unusable for more than 1 serving a day. useless
1. Sodium is not inherently bad. Why do you think this?
2. I don't use pea protein, but just like whey... Not all proteins are created equal.
3. Here is naked pea, and dymatize compared to each other... Looks pretty similar to me in terms of sodium.

They use sodium to extract the protein content from peas. So if you buy a cheap protein then I imagine it will have more sodium because they likely don't do as good a job of washing it after extraction... to save cost.

Similarly, buy a cheap protein and it's probably a mix of concentrate and isolate... again to save cost.

Want good stuff, spend extra money. For me, if I have to use protein powder then I'll stick with a quality whey isolate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-173412.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-173412.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220922-173601.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-173601.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 5

Valdosta

Reaction score
1. Sodium is not inherently bad. Why do you think this?
2. I don't use pea protein, but just like whey... Not all proteins are created equal.
3. Here is naked pea, and dymatize compared to each other... Looks pretty similar to me in terms of sodium.

They use sodium to extract the protein content from peas. So if you buy a cheap protein then I imagine it will have more sodium because they likely don't do as good a job of washing it after extraction... to save cost.

Similarly, buy a cheap protein and it's probably a mix of concentrate and isolate... again to save cost.

Want good stuff, spend extra money. For me, if I have to use protein powder then I'll stick with a quality whey isolate.
idk how you guys find these professional sounding sources, but this seens to sum it up

if this is true, I would say it's bad

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
idk how you guys find these professional sounding sources, but this seens to sum it up

if this is true, I would say it's bad
Did you look at the actual nutritional labels I posted? Is 100mg of sodium, even several times a day, going to put you over 1500mg? If so then don't use any powdered protein at all; regardless of it's source.

I see your heart.org and raise you an abstract from a study on pubmed.

I'm not telling you to not watch your sodium. Do what you want. But the evidence correlating sodium with cardiovascular health is not entirely conclusive.

Valdosta

Reaction score
Did you look at the actual nutritional labels I posted? Is 100mg of sodium, even several times a day, going to put you over 1500mg? If so then don't use any powdered protein at all; regardless of it's source.

I see your heart.org and raise you an abstract from a study on pubmed.

I'm not telling you to not watch your sodium. Do what you want. But the evidence correlating sodium with cardiovascular health is not entirely conclusive.

yeah those products didnt look too bad. The ones i saw a few months ago when i looked in to it were way worse

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
yeah those products didnt look too bad. The ones i saw a few months ago when i looked in to it were way worse
There are some cheap ones that have like 500mg of sodium.

Lots of things people eat have high sodium, and people don't even realize it. It's not necessarily bad for you.

For example, 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese has ~400mg sodium

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is most health problems come from being over fat not from food choices

My ex-girlfriend called me the other day about her daughter's 19 year old ex boyfriend. He used to be a 350ish lb kid who'd gotten down to a lean-ish, relatively muscular 200lbs and was showing off his new workout on TikTok or some retarded shit.

My ex girl said "[daughter] says he's on cocaine and steroids." My reply was "well, in the long run, nothing he did to drop the weight would have the mortality rate of being a 350lb teenager. So stop stalking your daughter's ex. It's weird. Send feet pix."

I haven't heard back. But I remain hopeful for the 🐾 pix.

New Threads