Were you born with the asshole gene

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was ... and I wish it were not so ... my wife called me tonight ... she's out of town and called me while I was at the gym ... to thank me for a text I sent earlier today ... and could I just graciously accept it like normal person and say something nice back to her .. NO

I've been sitting here for an hour replaying the call in my mind ... the reason I went off on her us not important ... what know instead of commenting in anger (like an ashole) I should have created a space ... listened to what she was saying - taken a few seconds before responding so i could be intentional and thanked her ... I seem to lack impluse control and for a man there's no excuse for my behavior ... I should have impluse control mastered by this point in my life ...

In any case I'm disappointed in myself ... more importantly I'm going to do something about ... instead if blurting out whatever is on my mind I'm going to implement a 3 count before responding going forward and take enough time to confirm I'm not say something unnecessarily negative like tonight ...

Do you ever feel like you lost the genetic lotary and inherited the asshole gene ... ? If so how do you manage it so no one else has to know ...

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Born in the Ukraine

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
But I’m not Ukrainian

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Russian all the way

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I was ... and I wish it were not so ... my wife called me tonight ... she's out of town and called me while I was at the gym ... to thank me for a text I sent earlier today ... and could I just graciously accept it like normal person and say something nice back to her .. NO

I've been sitting here for an hour replaying the call in my mind ... the reason I went off on her us not important ... what know instead of commenting in anger (like an ashole) I should have created a space ... listened to what she was saying - taken a few seconds before responding so i could be intentional and thanked her ... I seem to lack impluse control and for a man there's no excuse for my behavior ... I should have impluse control mastered by this point in my life ...

In any case I'm disappointed in myself ... more importantly I'm going to do something about ... instead if blurting out whatever is on my mind I'm going to implement a 3 count before responding going forward and take enough time to confirm I'm not say something unnecessarily negative like tonight ...

Do you ever feel like you lost the genetic lotary and inherited the asshole gene ... ? If so how do you manage it so no one else has to know ...
Quite the opposite for me I'm too calm except in hospital. Although, my wife knows which buttons to push when she wants a reaction. Did she accuse you of doing or not doing something? Did she criticize you? Did she say what you needed to do? Or did you feel like you had to defend yourself? All those above situations in a relationship can contribute to instant mood changes. Then 1 change in a person usually reciprocates. So in a nutshell anytime you have to or feel like you're defending yourself to your significant other even people who aren't assholes can experience an escalate in the situation quickly. That's just one example not knowing context

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Quite the opposite for me I'm too calm except in hospital. Although, my wife knows which buttons to push when she wants a reaction. Did she accuse you of doing or not doing something? Did she criticize you? Did she say what you needed to do? Or did you feel like you had to defend yourself? All those above situations in a relationship can contribute to instant mood changes. Then 1 change in a person usually reciprocates. So in a nutshell anytime you have to or feel like you're defending yourself to your significant other even people who aren't assholes can experience an escalate in the situation quickly. That's just one example not knowing context
Your u that guy who likes to choke girls

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score

This whole post is meaningless unless you say how you responded. Just saying you're an asshole doesn't shed light on anything that merits a response. Yea, don't be a dick. If your wife thanks your for something, always let her know you appreciate that. If not, someone else might, eh?

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score

What I mean is I'm inclined to help people, let things slide, etc. I think I'm too soft hearted of a guy to be described as having the asshole gene.

Me losing my cool is isolated incidents. But I will admit those people probably think I'm an absolute asshole.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
For the most part, I'm pretty even keeled. I don't let stupid shit, or things that are out of my control, bother me too much.

Unless I'm overtired, then I have to be aware that I can be short.

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
ᥡᥱs і һᥲ᥎ᥱ 𝗍һᥱ іssᥙᥱ ᑲᥙ𝗍 һᥲ᥎ᥱ g᥆𝗍𝗍ᥱᥒ mᥙᥴһ ᑲᥱ𝗍𝗍ᥱr ᥲᑲ᥆ᥙ𝗍 і𝗍 ᥲs g᥆𝗍𝗍ᥱᥒ ᥆ᥣძᥱr

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuck you. This is the dumbest fucking thread.
Thank you for testing my new "anti-trigger technique" I've taken a few seconds before responding ...

Don't worry though next you try to post something helpful I'll no doubt go off because it seems that compliments or positivity really cannot be accepted (by me I mean) ...

Reaction score
Thank you for testing my new "anti-trigger technique" I've taken a few seconds before responding ...

Don't worry though next you try to post something helpful I'll no doubt go off because it seems that compliments or positivity really cannot be accepted (by me I mean) ...
You don’t see any humor there?

Christ.

IMG_3957.jpeg