What’s up?

Reaction score
Just quickly introducing myself. 43 6’ 195lbs lean. Probably 12-15% body fat. I’m currently on TRT 190mg Test C per week. My training is mostly CrossFit but I do spend extra time on the big three and oly lifts. Unfortunately I’m dealing with knee and hip injuries. Planning on getting my right knee and hip replaced before the summer. Because of this my training is down significantly.

I’ve been reading just about everything I can on this site, about anabolics. Trying to learn as much as possible. If at some point in the future I feel comfortable enough I would like to switch to UGL Test C. Currently paying $250 a month. But that does include Anastrazole and HCG. I don’t know, this whole thing seems impossible. You read on one site something is good, then on the next site it’s not. Oh and the guys on that site are snitches and a third site say the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. That cross fit is something else. You got to be fit and strong and coordinated.
So doc has you on trt that is a good thing. You want to save money by purchasing ug.
Well that isn't so good. It is just that underground. Could be anything. But your trt is over the counter tested test c. Guess you have to question if your life/health is worth more to you than a few bucks.
That being said gear that is tested and from a reputable company and rep can save you money.
Can't make the decision for you. But if given the chance everyone would rather purchase over the counter than ug.
What ever you decide im sure you will find friends here. And as you said im sure three hundred guys say rickt is an idiot dont listen. So it is make up your own mind here.
Welcome and good hunting.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

You're getting a hip and knee replacement, but still able to do the Oly lifts? 🤔🤔🤔

Explain this!!!

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score

You're getting a hip and knee replacement, but still able to do the Oly lifts? 🤔🤔🤔

Explain this!!!
SMH, Knee and Hip replacement at 43:eek::oops:
This guy is fucked

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
This guy is fucked
Depends on how you live really , my old lady is just 51 she's not a work out gal but she takes care of herself does her aerobic booty work out bullshit and walks. She had her knee replacement when she was 40 an dude she boogies all around as a nurse in an old folks home and hospice facility , chases the grandkids all over n keeps up with them. Its pretty wild.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m no fan of CrossFit especially after 40.

A hip and knee replacement at 43 wtf?

Best of luck!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Damn you beat yourself didn't you? Well get those surgeries in, recover and get back in the gym.

You can still lift with those new parts but nothing heavy if you want them to last. Map out a plan for your come back over the next year post op and stick to it.

Reaction score
This guy is fucked

So I was a competitive skier and have had 7 knee surgeries on my right knee. 4 ACL, 2 bone grafts, and a micro fracture. Last surgeries were 11 years ago. There is nothing left in any of my three compartments (grade 4) hip is largely compensatory. I wouldn’t consider myself fucked, joint replacements are pretty amazing these days.

Reaction score

You're getting a hip and knee replacement, but still able to do the Oly lifts?

Explain this!!!

Well like I said my training has seriously diminished in the last few months. But previously I would do a ton of mobility work and send it. My bottom position in the snatch and clean definitely were not the greatest. But 100kilo snatch 140kilo clean are not bad at my age. Obviously that is going to take a while to get back to those numbers.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. That cross fit is something else. You got to be fit and strong and coordinated.
So doc has you on trt that is a good thing. You want to save money by purchasing ug.
Well that isn't so good. It is just that underground. Could be anything. But your trt is over the counter tested test c. Guess you have to question if your life/health is worth more to you than a few bucks.
That being said gear that is tested and from a reputable company and rep can save you money.
Can't make the decision for you. But if given the chance everyone would rather purchase over the counter than ug.
What ever you decide im sure you will find friends here. And as you said im sure three hundred guys say rickt is an idiot dont listen. So it is make up your own mind here.
Welcome and good hunting.

Yeah thanks. I understand all of that, I guess I used UGL as king of a umbrella term for anything I don’t get from a Dr office, that’s incorrect. It kinda depends on if I can find consistent quality. If not I’ll keep doing what I’m doing. There is the potential for blast cycle a few months post surgery.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Well like I said my training has seriously diminished in the last few months. But previously I would do a ton of mobility work and send it. My bottom position in the snatch and clean definitely were not the greatest. But 100kilo snatch 140kilo clean are not bad at my age. Obviously that is going to take a while to get back to those numbers.
Solid lifts, but I question whether it's time to move on from them. The risk is much, much more with explosive movements, using the stretch shorten cycle and bouncing off of connective tissue in the bottom of those lifts.

I speak from experience, as I was in a similar situation as yourself several years ago with CF and Olys. Roughly same age, similar numbers, but it was my lower back. I made the choice to move on from those, and be healthy. I've never felt better.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best.

Reaction score
Solid lifts, but I question whether it's time to move on from them. The risk is much, much more with explosive movements, using the stretch shorten cycle and bouncing off of connective tissue in the bottom of those lifts.

I speak from experience, as I was in a similar situation as yourself several years ago with CF and Olys. Roughly same age, similar numbers, but it was my lower back. I made the choice to move on from those, and be healthy. I've never felt better.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best.

It might be. I know the sun is setting just hard to let it go sometimes.

New Threads