Your friend and mine the Androgen Receptor - Structure Function and Biology

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah theres a few things like that ive read about another one is the types of collagen , only the Type 2 will reach skin and nails as collagen ,, the Type 1 your body just sees as protein and breaks it down ... we are some cool machines when ya start to learn about our systems

Yeah. And we really don’t know shit. The gut and micro biome is pretty much a mystery. The brain is not really understood all that well. We are constantly learning new things. Things we knew as gospel are proved to be inaccurate. It’s wild man. I love it and try to understand a bit of it.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
@Yano

once they get saturated that's it?

does more test in your system cause you to make more?

does training make you make more?

Weight training itself increases both the number and sensitivity of androgen receptors

or is it a lie to sell supplements

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
@Yano

once they get saturated that's it?

does more test in your system cause you to make more?

does training make you make more?

or is it a lie to sell supplements

There are studies that show weight and resistance training can increase the density of receptors and Ive seen some pieces one by Ed Coans physician that show some folks are just born with a freakish amount of them.

I'll dig up a few of the full studies and post em , not just the abstracts.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
One of the few studies on actual people and not GD mice Ive found

Muscular and Systemic Correlates of Resistance Training-Induced Muscle Hypertrophy​

"there was a significant correlation between the changes in AR content and fiber area"

A huge part of this is how the AR recruits and effects motoneurons as well but im still digging for a complete study on that in people.

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score
Ok time to attempt some smart kid shit and see how it goes. We all know what AR's [androgen receptors] are and talk about them often but I don't think there are many that actually know what the hell they are , how they really work , what effects them and why , I know I don't.

So I thought I would put this up here as a , Lets all get to know our friends the AR thread and start it out with this from the National Library of Medicine. It has some really cool things I did not know in here , as well as some stuff that's a mile over my head I am still researching and learning so bear with me if any discussion begins , I am certainly no expert.

One of the things I did find interesting was this

"Evidence exists to suggest that at least some of the non-DNA binding-dependent actions of androgens are mediated via the activation of membrane-bound protein receptors to initiate intracellular signalling pathways22 which can occur even in the presence of low levels of androgens.23 The identification and characterisation of cell surface receptors that can mediate the rapid non-DNA binding-dependent actions of oestrogen and progestins have been documented in a wide range of tissues and cell types"

I like this post. already.

Reaction score
What I'm seeing, is if you're not a student and constantly learning, you're pissing in the wind. There is a world of information on this, and other subjects pertinent to muscle building, that if I attempted to comment, I would only be placing my ignorance on display.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
What I'm seeing, is if you're not a student and constantly learning, you're pissing in the wind. There is a world of information on this, and other subjects pertinent to muscle building, that if I attempted to comment, I would only be placing my ignorance on display.
Were all students , when you think you're an expert , you're just an asshole (y) :ROFLMAO:

Jenn_is_Jenning

Female Alpha Leader
Reaction score
Shit, I read the title quickly and literally thought it was a new thread dedicated to Andrew hahahha 😂. I thought it was maybe started by the rickt guy who was oogling over in his log.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against oogling or threads dedicated entirely to Andrew 😆

New Threads