Gun control??

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh hey, it's this thread back from the dead again.

Dungeon Dweller

Reaction score
Local conservative AM radio guy kinda calmed me some this morning when he said despite all the threats of Executive Orders the Biden and his stooges were talking about before the election have turned into Executive Orders on forming investigation committees because they realize they can't make any real rules that way, and that Pelosi and Schumer both are not wanting to get into it because they don't even have 100% support of their own caucuses on it.

He also said Trump's Executive Order on bump stocks was ruled unconstitutional? I guess I hadn't heard that, but also think bump stocks are a joke to begin with.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Local conservative AM radio guy kinda calmed me some this morning when he said despite all the threats of Executive Orders the Biden and his stooges were talking about before the election have turned into Executive Orders on forming investigation committees because they realize they can't make any real rules that way, and that Pelosi and Schumer both are not wanting to get into it because they don't even have 100% support of their own caucuses on it.

He also said Trump's Executive Order on bump stocks was ruled unconstitutional? I guess I hadn't heard that, but also think bump stocks are a joke to begin with.
Biden has no political power to gain from enforcing these executive orders. He put on a show so that liberals will think hes getting shit done.

While simultaneously conservatives will forget all about his failed executive orders when the next election cycle comes around.

Thats why hes making such big waves in the first few months in office.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
My gun nut buddies are all up in arms over the brace being an SBR thing... I already have two SBRs with the appropriate documentation, even though I was in the process of building a 300 AAC pistol. I guess I will just use a pistol buffer on that one with no brace just to play it safe.

I totally expect challenges from red state attorney generals with aspirations at a higher political office as well as the manufacturers of the 80% complete hunks of plastic and alloy as this will effectively put them out of business.

Here is the question that I always posed to my anti-gun friends.... If a gun is used in a crime, who really gives a shit about where it came from? That is the difference between an 80% lower with no serial number and a gun with a serial number. Granted, ultimately, I'm certain the authorities can figure out where either came from.... It's what happens AFTER the original sale that gets uncertain.... What if it was stolen? Traded for drugs or sex?

If Biden is on his high horse about enacting gun laws, why isn't his son being prosecuted for lying on his 4473? Either apply the laws equally or piss off...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My gun nut buddies are all up in arms over the brace being an SBR thing... I already have two SBRs with the appropriate documentation, even though I was in the process of building a 300 AAC pistol. I guess I will just use a pistol buffer on that one with no brace just to play it safe.

I totally expect challenges from red state attorney generals with aspirations at a higher political office as well as the manufacturers of the 80% complete hunks of plastic and alloy as this will effectively put them out of business.

Here is the question that I always posed to my anti-gun friends.... If a gun is used in a crime, who really gives a shit about where it came from? That is the difference between an 80% lower with no serial number and a gun with a serial number. Granted, ultimately, I'm certain the authorities can figure out where either came from.... It's what happens AFTER the original sale that gets uncertain.... What if it was stolen? Traded for drugs or sex?

If Biden is on his high horse about enacting gun laws, why isn't his son being prosecuted for lying on his 4473? Either apply the laws equally or piss off...

they (the anti-gun, while still haven guns to protect THEMSELVES) think if they get rid of all the ghost guns with no serials and make u get them serialized, will actually help anything are out of their cotton picken minds.....they are what we call cotten headed ninnymuggins....

they have gone full re-hatard.....

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
A war of attrition is a battle with two equally powerful forces, going toe to toe results in no forward progress from either side. To win a war of attrition with as little resistance as possible, you don't fight an enemy directly, you starve them until they don't have the resources to fight effectively. Attacking supply lines has been a very reliable method of winning battles for centuries.

Having said that, how's the ammo supply been?

This is where things get tricky. The 2A guarantees the right to bear arms but the legal definition of "arms" is "Anything that a man wears for his defense, or takes in his hands, or uses in his anger, to cast at or strike at another. Co. Litt. 1616, 162a; State v. Buzzard, 4 Ark. 18."

https://thelawdictionary.org/arms/

You know what isn't covered in that definition or that amendment? Ammo.

Last edited:

Janoy Cresva

Reaction score
they (the anti-gun, while still haven guns to protect THEMSELVES) think if they get rid of all the ghost guns with no serials and make u get them serialized, will actually help anything are out of their cotton picken minds.....they are what we call cotten headed ninnymuggins....

they have gone full re-hatard.....

It never was about actually solving anything. It's about more power, more bureaucracy and a slush fund for their friends.

Politicians want more power. Simple

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Small rifle primers are hard to come by in my neck of the woods.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
A war of attrition is a battle with two equally powerful forces, going toe to toe results in no forward progress from either side. To win a war of attrition with as little resistance as possible, you don't fight an enemy directly, you starve them until they don't have the resources to fight effectively. Attacking supply lines has been a very reliable method of winning battles for centuries.

Having said that, how's the ammo supply been?

This is where things get tricky. The 2A guarantees the right to bear arms but the legal definition of "arms" is "Anything that a man wears for his defense, or takes in his hands, or uses in his anger, to cast at or strike at another. Co. Litt. 1616, 162a; State v. Buzzard, 4 Ark. 18."

https://thelawdictionary.org/arms/

You know what isn't covered in that definition or that amendment? Ammo.

Want to hear something crazy? I picked up a bunch of once fired brass, projectiles, and reloading dies for 9mm for literally nothing back in 2012 or so. Over 1000 rounds of once fired brass and 900 barnes projectiles from a reloader who was going out of business who needed 2 hours of my time. I was laughed at by one of my friends for acquiring those items, even for trading my accounting services for them, due to the fact that it wasn't worth it to reload 9mm... Now it is.

The only downside is finding small pistol primers as I usually only reloaded 45 ACP and have large pistol primers. Don't get me wrong, I know where I can get them, but I don't want to trade off 5.56 ammo for primers....

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Can you elaborate? The Vegas shooter used bump stocks with devastating effect.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Can you elaborate? The Vegas shooter used bump stocks with devastating effect.

I'd bet good money that at least one of those rifles used in the shooting had a swift link in it, if it wasn't 100% illegally modified for full auto. I say this because the rate of fire with bump stocks is usually not as consistent as it appeared to sound in the video footage taken when the shooting was going on. It is also extremely hard to keep a sustained rate of fire with any degree of controllability with those things.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'd bet good money that at least one of those rifles used in the shooting had a swift link in it, if it wasn't 100% illegally modified for full auto. I say this because the rate of fire with bump stocks is usually not as consistent as it appeared to sound in the video footage taken when the shooting was going on. It is also extremely hard to keep a sustained rate of fire with any degree of controllability with those things.

I’ll take your word for it. Im not sure what a swift link is.

You don’t need controllability whilst firing randomly into a large group of people. For the application of that mass shooting a bump stock certainly fits the bill, don’t you think?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I'm just glad he's leaving bolt actions alone.
For now...

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Nobody is ever going to remove all of your guns nor do they want to. From what I’m reading I looks like they are attempting to enhance background checks and put them in place where they are not already.

Too many people go over the edge when gun discussion comes up in a conversation. Seems people think that democrats want 100% of guns taken away and republicans want to give each person a pile of guns. Reality is it is neither of those.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a bag of throwing hammers I carry with me

Janoy Cresva

Reaction score
A certain someone who will remain nameless used the stimulus to buy a glock 17 and 9mm hollowpoints. Don't be mad Biden!

Reaction score
We can make it as hard as we want for someone to acquire a legal gun. Still won’t stop someone from illegally 3-d printing a weapon or acquiring one illegally.
When will we turn towards the true source here, the mind. We need to normalize speaking about mental health. We need to pay better attention to the mental state of those around us. That way we may cut the problem off at the source before it happens. It’s crazy what a laugh can do for someone.

Reaction score
Nobody is ever going to remove all of your guns nor do they want to. From what I’m reading I looks like they are attempting to enhance background checks and put them in place where they are not already.

How would we background check someone whom acquires a weapon illegally? It seems as though we are only making it more difficult for those that do things by the book to do things by the book. While someone can go buy a gun on the black market with no tracing whatsoever. If they were smart they would chip all the guns so we can track who’s got what where and when. That way even if it’s illegal it’s got a chip. That’s only work for new guns made from here on out though. Just seems like we’re beating around the bush until we talk about the mind, rather than regulations being the issue.

New Threads