TRT and Anavar question.

jbeard82

Reaction score
Looking for advice. I’m on TRT and was looking to take my first cycle with Anavar to lean up a little. So my question is how long should I take it and do I need to do a pct since I’m on TRT? If so what do you recommend?

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe around 6 weeks. Just watch your liver. Avoid alcohol and things that further tax the liver.

You do not have to run PCT unless you plan on trying to also come off TRT.

BTW: you will continue running your TRT dose of Testosterone while adding in Anavar, right?

jbeard82

Reaction score
That’s correct I’ll continue to run my TRT. I don’t plan on coming off of it. I don’t drink at all. Also what can I take to help my liver?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m 36 5’7” and currently at 173lbs. I was at 198 on Christmas Day but decided to get back to the gym when I can and went on the Keto diet. So far the diet is working wonders. I’m trying to get back down to my military weight at 150-155lbs. Anyways for the past 3 years I’ve been gaining weight, feeling depressed, lethargic, and my sex life has went down the drain. In fact 4 months ago my gf left partly bc the sex life was terrible. I was told by guys at the gym that my test was probably low or border line low. Even though I’ve lost weight and still currently losing I still have all the same symptoms. I literally have to will myself not to take naps all day when I have breaks and when it comes to going to the gym I set it up that my work out partner has to come get me bc I can’t guarantee that I’ll get up and go. Well anyways I went to a low -T center and had some blood work done. So my test level was at 374 and my PSA was at .32. That’s all they tested for. They are sending off the blood for all the other tests. Anyways they say they want my level to be around 600-800. What do you guys think. How should I proceed? They also want to give me injections every 7 days.

Didn't you just ask earlier this month if you should even be on TRT? I'd say get acclimated to the test before adding other things to it. My guess is that in 17 days you haven't gotten dialed in yet. I get the urge to go all in, but trt is a journey. Take it slow and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Thezilla

Reaction score
Depending on your dosage of anavar I would shoot more for like 10-12 weeks on var. obviously taking a liver aid and getting blood work somewhere in the middle

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe around 6 weeks. Just watch your liver. Avoid alcohol and things that further tax the liver.

You do not have to run PCT unless you plan on trying to also come off TRT.

BTW: you will continue running your TRT dose of Testosterone while adding in Anavar, right?

What Mega said but if you do go 6 weeks, keep the dose low.

That’s correct I’ll continue to run my TRT. I don’t plan on coming off of it. I don’t drink at all. Also what can I take to help my liver?

Look into NAC for your liver health.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Depending on your dosage of anavar I would shoot more for like 10-12 weeks on var. obviously taking a liver aid and getting blood work somewhere in the middle

I'm not sure 3 months on a productive dose of Var is a good idea but it does depend on your level of comfort.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
The anavars that ive used at 40 to 50 mgs ed have worked wonders in short periods of time

Personally wouldnt go over 6 weeks on it

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
You've gotten lots of advice on the anavar, but anavar doesn't make you lean. Diet does. Adress the diet if you want to "lean up a little".

jbeard82

Reaction score
What Mega said but if you do go 6 weeks, keep the dose low.

Look into NAC for your liver health.

ok I’m ignorant. What’s NAC and where can I get it? Is milk thistle good to take?

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
What’s the reason behind some saying 6,8,&12 weeks?

It is liver toxic. The longer you run it the more damage that can be done to your liver. That's why most of us keep it limited to a short run.
s for NAC, you can get it over the counter at a y pharmacy. I buy mine on Amazon.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
It is liver toxic. The longer you run it the more damage that can be done to your liver. That's why most of us keep it limited to a short run.
s for NAC, you can get it over the counter at a y pharmacy. I buy mine on Amazon.

I wondering how many guys worry about the liver toxicity of oral AAS then continually asault their liver with alcohol either on a steady basis or binging on weekends. Something to think about.

Reactions: IHI

jbeard82

Reaction score
Got my 2nd blood work back from being on TRT. My test level is now at 593. I pin every Thursday and that when they did blood work so that number is on the low end. My CFT is 10.3. E2 (Sex Horn Binding Glob, Serum) is at 46.5 and my Estradiol is at 27.9. I pin test every Thursday and take half a milligram of arimidex on Saturday and pin HCG at 30IU’s every Sunday and Tuesday. I was getting injections at 160 every week but now they bumped it up to 210. What do you guys think?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I think 80 mg every 3.5 days would have been a better option to start out with than 160 once per week but I prefer smaller, more frequent injections. Then again, that all depends on your SHBG. I know of lower SHBG guys who inject every other day to daily, whereas I'm higher SHBG so I can get by with less injections according to my current doctor.

If you MUST stick with 210 once per week, as in your doctor is doing this to you versus prescribing you to do it yourself, then I say try it and see how you feel. I was on 250 mg of Sustanon administered by my doctor from April 2017 to September 2017 and I really liked how I felt on that. When he changed me from that to 100 mg Sustanon/160 mg of Enanthate every other week, that's when my TRT protocol went to hell and had me feeling like crap. Whatever you do, NEVER let anyone talk you into every other week injections! It's an archaic protocol and sends many on a testosterone roller coaster ride. Granted, some are fine on it, but nearly everyone I spoke with on the every other week injection schedule hated it.

UrogenitalSubsect

Reaction score
Got my 2nd blood work back from being on TRT. My test level is now at 593. I pin every Thursday and that when they did blood work so that number is on the low end. My CFT is 10.3. E2 (Sex Horn Binding Glob, Serum) is at 46.5 and my Estradiol is at 27.9. I pin test every Thursday and take half a milligram of arimidex on Saturday and pin HCG at 30IU’s every Sunday and Tuesday. I was getting injections at 160 every week but now they bumped it up to 210. What do you guys think?
See if you can get biweekly injections, that'll help level you out. I don't know why they upped the dose if your test was at 593 a week after pinning, that will definitely put you at super physiological levels for a while and up your estrogen too.

jbeard82

Reaction score
See if you can get biweekly injections, that'll help level you out. I don't know why they upped the dose if your test was at 593 a week after pinning, that will definitely put you at super physiological levels for a while and up your estrogen too.

He he said he wants my test to peak around 600-900 and be around 750-800 on the low end before my next injections. He said everything looks good at the moment.

New Threads