Tater’s gains and losses

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Chest day this morning. DB press incline, flat and decline bb press, dB flys, cable crossovers, machine chest press, pushups, 30 minutes cardio. Just cardio in the morning for an hour. 215lbs today.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
5 mile run this morning. Taking a day off from lifting.

Reactions: CJ

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Leg day this morning. Started with lying curls and extensions 4x15 just getting the blood flowing. Leg press. 3x12 with 3 plates and then 3x10-failure with 4 plates. Smith machine split squats 185lbs 2x10 each leg and then 225lbs 3x10-failure per leg. Calf raises in the seated leg press machine 250lbs 4 sets of 12-15 reps squeezing and holding at the top. Finished with a 2 mile walk. Next leg session I plan on doing squats till I die. Looking forward to that.

i was short on time so I was kinda running through this workout. Definitely need A volume day.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've been doing Smith Mach split squats recently, and they're no joke!

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I've been doing Smith Mach split squats recently, and they're no joke!

No doubt they are harder than you think. I like that you can add some good weight in the bar and have a little help keeping it stabilized through the movement. I feel safer loading up 225 that way. Also doing some almost like a box squat pausing at the bottom is killer too. I think they are great for me.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Back day today. Pitter patter let’s get at’er.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Chest day and some abs. I did so many dumbbell presses today that it wasn’t funny. I feel really good. I feel like my chest is lagging compared to shoulders and arms.

31e506cb0ea25f94a09773d5d750aadd.jpg

Last edited:

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Looking good brother. May want to redo your pic tho. Can still see your face somewhat

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Chest day and some abs. I did so many dumbbell presses today that it wasn’t funny. I feel really good. I feel like my chest is lagging compared to shoulders and arms.

9d57f02ff2e94cf3439080c343378aa4.jpg

Throw some heavy weight at it until it responds. For me lots of sets heavy bench in working sets of 3-5 reps combined with both cable and dumbbell flies is doing the trick.

Last edited:

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're making awesome progress, dude!

Keep it up.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
30 minutes cardio, calf raises, leg extensions and leg curls. Nothing crazy on the extensions/curls just stretching everything out. Leg day tomorrow!

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Throw some heavy weight at it until it responds. For me lots of sets heavy bench in working sets of 3-5 reps combined with both cable and dumbbell flies is doing the trick.

That’s a good idea. I think I have not been pushing weight like I really need to. Being a little lazy but not realizing it while I was in the gym. That’s why the log is so useful. I finished with a giant drop set of dumbbell presses from 65lb down to 25lbers. I thought my arms were going to fall off. I’m definitely feeling it today so that’s great.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
That’s a good idea. I think I have not been pushing weight like I really need to. Being a little lazy but not realizing it while I was in the gym. That’s why the log is so useful. I finished with a giant drop set of dumbbell presses from 65lb down to 25lbers. I thought my arms were going to fall off. I’m definitely feeling it today so that’s great.

You will grow if you do more reps, more weight, or have a shorter break between sets than the last season. At least that's what I tell myself.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Leg day today. Squat city, started and ended with curls and extensions.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
hey taterz, try this, give it some time and i think you will see some good chest development, worked good for me anyhow;
pre-exhaust your chest with cable flies, 3 sets of 20 reps with 3 different angles. So a total of 9 sets, or 180 reps. Use a weight you can feel but main focus is the stretch and getting a good contraction/squeeze each rep. Chest should be nice and pumped full of blood by the end of that.
After that go to your pressing and whatever else. You will lose some strength for your presses but it's all good, we aren't here to showoff, right? I do the same with side lateral raises before shoulder press.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
hey taterz, try this, give it some time and i think you will see some good chest development, worked good for me anyhow;
pre-exhaust your chest with cable flies, 3 sets of 20 reps with 3 different angles. So a total of 9 sets, or 180 reps. Use a weight you can feel but main focus is the stretch and getting a good contraction/squeeze each rep. Chest should be nice and pumped full of blood by the end of that.
After that go to your pressing and whatever else. You will lose some strength for your presses but it's all good, we aren't here to showoff, right? I do the same with side lateral raises before shoulder press.

thats a good idea. I usually finish with cables.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Back day today. Lots of heavy dB rows, pull ups, pull downs and cable rows. Finished with some Romanian dB deadlifts to stretch my back out a bit. Also did 3 miles cardio in 32 minutes afterwards.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Traveled for work on Thursday and Friday so only did cardio at the hotel gym.

Chest day today. Hit it hard. Warmed up good and then hit some heavy incline bench press. Dumbbell pullovers, cable crossovers, tricep extensions and push downs as well as some calf raises because leg day is tomorrow and I like to train calves on a separate day. Finished with dropsets of dumbbell press and dumbbell flys. My front delta were toast and I honestly feel like they take over on a lot of exercises.

Edit** I did incorporate cable crossovers low, mid and high and gave it hell. I was wayptcning a recent Seth ferocity video and I pretty much did my crossovers like he was suggesting. Chest was burning.

Leg day tomorrow. Leg press focus this round since it was squat city last leg day.

Last edited:

New Threads