Reaction score
Hello, I’m from the West Side and started lifting a 4 years back on and off. Last Year I decided to be more dedicated towards it and since then they very least amount of days I spent in the gym was 5. Now I go to the gym everyday and will post my workouts below. I started to see a tremendous increase in my strength and weight the first half (10 pounds) however, now I’ve plateaued and can’t seem to get pass 155. I’ve tried adding a high protein/calorie shake to my diet and drink it throughout the day but haven’t seen any gains. My ultimate goal is to be 5’11 185 pounds by October but I’m pretty sure that won’t happen so 160 in September is my short term goal. I’m here to learn and once learn educate. I’m also open for tips/tricks and feedback.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Sunday Chest[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Incline Dumbbell Press SS Bench Dumbbell Skullcrusher[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Bench Press[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Chest Fly Press Machine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Incline Chest Press Machine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3x15 Dips[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2x10 High Cable Pulls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2x10 Mid Cable Pulls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2x10 Low Cable Pulls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]7 min abs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Monday Biceps[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Bicep Curls SS 10 Diamond Push-ups[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Bench Dumbbell Bicep Curls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Preacher Curls Machine [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]TuesdayTricep/Shoulder[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Bench Skull Crushers SS 15 Dips[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Shoulder Dumbbell Press[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Dumbbell Shoulder Flys SS Dumbbell lifts[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Tricep Cable Pulls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2x10 Through Leg Cable Pull[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 Mile Run[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Wednesday Legs[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3x12 Barbell Back Squat[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3x12 Leg Press (Knee to chest)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3x12 Bulgarian bench dips (Straight down)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3x10-15 Weighted Hip Thurst (Shoulder Bench)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thursday Chest[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Incline Dumbbell Press SS Bench Dumbbell Skullcrusher[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Chest Fly Press Machine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Incline Chest Press Machine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2x10 High Cable Pulls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2x10 Mid Cable Pulls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]2x10 Low Cable Pulls[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Friday Biceps[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Bicep Curls SS 4x7 Chin Upd[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Bench Dumbbell Bicep Curls[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Preacher Curls Machine [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Saturday Back[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x7-10 Pull Ups SS Barbell Shoulder Press[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]3x12 Deadlift[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Chest Supported Row SS Shoulder Flys[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Machine Lat Pull-downs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]4x10 Shoulder cable pull downs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Shoulder/Tricep[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Shoulder Dumbbell press 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lateral cable raise 4x15 (last 5 partial)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Shoulder Dumbell raise 2x25 (last 5 together) *Thumb up SS Shoulder Shrug[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Machine reverse chest fly 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dumbbell lateral raise 7x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricep Dumbell Crushers 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricep machine Dips 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricep cable pull downs standing 7x10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bicep/Tricep[/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bar Curl 3x12[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricep Cable Pulls 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricep Dumbell SK 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bench Press 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Benched Bicep curls 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bicep Hammer head 3x12[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricep Machine Dip 4x10[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Preacher Curls 4x10[/FONT]

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Quick look but the first thing that stands out is you’re hitting your triceps (and chest except triceps day) sun-tues with wed off then back to it the majority of the second half of the week.

Seems you could save a lot of volume by hitting chest and finishing with tries. Dropping the diamond pushups from your first bicep day etc.

I’d trim up volume, focus on intensity and eat a shit ton more food.

I’d also try and balance things by putting more focus on legs and back. Build your routine around the meaty muscles. Chest, back and quads/hams.

Reaction score
So add another day of back and legs and add triceps to chest day?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So add another day of back and legs and add triceps to chest day?
That's a start.

I'm a huge proponent of developing a strength base through training compound barbell movements. As such, your focus should be on developing solid movement patterns in the squat, bench press, overhead press and a row variation.

As it is, your routine is filled with a whole lot of isolation volume. While there's nothing wrong with isolation movements, they should generally constitute a relatively small amount of your weekly volume in comparison to compound movements.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
When you’re doing any kind of pressing movement for your chest, you’re also working your triceps.

Look at the angle of your elbow as your press up from your chest. You’re extending your forearm straight which is the same as all tricep isolation movements.

If you add your tricep day stuff to the end of your chest day you’ll be in some pain because of all the tricep work. I’d remove some of it but you can do the full routines as an experiment to see how trashed your triceps feel before you even get to far into the isolation movements.

Diamomd push-ups are another pressing (chest) movement that intentionally puts the load on your triceps. So the movement doesn’t make sense in your bicep day, it’s all triceps and some chest.

+1 for heavy compounds but it depends on your goals at this point. Nothing beats them for overall development.

edit: I think all of us could use a second leg day. Especially when you start working your inner legs or focusing on things from a BB perspective.

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the information! Now I’m terms of weight gaining do y’all have any tips? Or high calorie shakes mine get by but aren’t the tastiest.

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the information! Now I’m terms of weight gaining do y’all have any tips? Or high calorie shakes mine get by but aren’t the tastiest.

Ypu cant always rely on shakes. You go past a certain amount and you run into GI problems. What's your actual diet like?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Got nothing for you here... I can add 30Lbs by drinking water and watching tv.

Reaction score
Well first I don’t eat pork so I typically have high carb breakfast as it’s easy to make before work and with chicken sausage. My lunch are typically sandwiches made with roast beef etc. or fast food smh. And dinner consist of either beef or chicken with vegetables and sometime of carbs (depends on what my sister cooks)

Reaction score
I’m also interested in doing my first cycle but would like to get more educated on it so I’ve been reading stickies etc.

Last edited:

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
No, I mean how many calories, protein carbs fat?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Clean foods:
Protein: chicken, fish, steak
Carbs: rice, oats, potatoes (sweet and regular), whole wheat etc.
fats: peanut butter, nuts, fish oils/ omega3s

The stuff outlined above would be for general health and maintaining. Because you’re trying to gain weight you should add in some other foods. Extra peanut butter, pizza etc. Basically anything Bricks adds in his meals.

I don’t have this problem so I’m less familiar with if. I’d still make sure you’re keeping your protein high.

Reaction score
Okay I know the shake doesn’t matter but the shake I my make is quite high on protein and consist of
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Banana 2 210 calories[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Silk Milk 3 Cups 360 calories [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Whey 2 Scoops 220 calories[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Wheat 1 Cup 427 calories[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Peanuts 1 Cup 676 calories [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Yogurt 1 Cup 170 calories [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Peanut B 1 Cup 560 calories [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Chocolate 1/4 Cup 320 calories[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
The amount of muscle you can gain "unassisted" is limited over time. Muscles are made in the kitchen and with sleep. Just with what's in your shake and how many calories...you should be in caloric surplus. Are you gaining weight?

Reaction score
Not quite sure on calories I’ll need to start tracking that better but I try to stay away from high sodium and fatty foods

Reaction score
Yea I was but now it’s slowed down haven’t had any gains

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Not quite sure on calories I’ll need to start tracking that better but I try to stay away from high sodium and fatty foods

Yea, it's what I was trying to get at. If you're serious about gaining muscle, or getting stronger, nutrition is always first. When you are cutting, do it too fast and you risk losing muscle. When bulking, do it too fast and you risk gaining too much fat too quickly. So when you track calories and your macros, you can start making adjustments based on your body's feedback. To be strict on your workout regimen and what goes in your body but not track your calories/macros is silly

Reaction score
Understood I have a rough estimate of calorie intake but not to the exact measure

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
Understood I have a rough estimate of calorie intake but not to the exact measure

Without knowing your macros, add 500 calories at about 50/50 protein/carbs (I'm sure your fats are fine). Do it for 2 weeks and monitor your weight gain.

Edit: add calories in whole food preferably.

Last edited:

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! If you want to make gains you have got to eat. Whole Foods are much better than shakes. Nothing beats beef in my opinion. Lean ground beef is king. Rice, and potatoes for carbs. Eggs and salmon are pretty good too. If you’re working out as much as you’ve posted you should be taking in about 3500 cals + a day if you want to gain weight. Good luck and keep after it.