I just don't get it?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Alright so a bit of a rant here;
I'll start off by saying that I understand it's 24hr Fitness, but it's still a gym. The people employed there are representing the gym. A gym should embody fitness, therefor the employees should be expected to be fit, as well as knowledgeable in training, nutrition, etc.
I don't care how much they are getting paid, they should be reasonably fit and knowledgeable. They are responsible for showing people how to train properly and advising them on thier nutrition in some cases. Hell some people even pay these "personal trainers" for thier service.
The employees/personal trainers at this gym are the opposite of all that. I shit you not 10/15 of them are straight up obese, 3/15 skinny af. So 2/15 barely look like they've picked up a weight in thier life.
I walk in the front door and get greeted by 3 cows and 1 anorexic boy. Where the fukk am I? McDonald's or the fukkin gym??? Wtf is this shit? They turn around and thier shirt reads; "Master Trainer". What? Really? Yeah, ok.
These personal trainers standing right by thier clients as they 1/2 squat and not correcting them. Having them do ridiculous "exercises" that are completely unnecessary, spending more time stretching them out and using the drill massager (or whatever the **** its called) on every muscle (or where they would be) than doing anything else.
What is this shit? Is this fitness? Is this what fitness looks like now? Are there no standards anymore? Anywhere? What is going on??? I just don't fukkin get it.

Massacre

Reaction score
This has been going on as long as I can remember in these fitness chains such as the one you mentioned amongst others. These guys go get a certification and because they are certified get a job at said chain and because most (not all) people that go to these chains don’t know shit and need help versus educating themselves like we have, pay these guys for their services which is trash. They make some progress but never to their potential. What they don’t realize is that if you’re a “master trainer” and actually looked like one you would not only draw more clientele to you because people will view you as a result of your knowledge as a trainer which means more commission for you and more profit for your employer. Oh yeah, and your client actually is happy with their results and would most likely keep training with you long term. Win, win, win situation if you’d ask me but what do I know. ;)

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
This has been going on as long as I can remember in these fitness chains such as the one you mentioned amongst others. These guys go get a certification and because they are certified get a job at said chain and because most (not all) people that go to these chains don’t know shit and need help versus educating themselves like we have, pay these guys for their services which is trash. They make some progress but never to their potential. What they don’t realize is that if you’re a “master trainer” and actually looked like one you would not only draw more clientele to you because people will view you as a result of your knowledge as a trainer which means more commission for you and more profit for your employer. Oh yeah, and your client actually is happy with their results and would most likely keep training with you long term. Win, win, win situation if you’d ask me but what do I know. ;)

Now you are just making too much sense there, this is bizarro world and your logic is meaningless here, you know.
Funny part is these lil ****tards are walkin Round like they're the shit cause they're wearing that shirt. lol yeaaaa, sure ya are. Bet thier ig bio includes "master personal trainer" as well. Oh you are? Why don't you look like you lift? Why do you look like a Husky trash bag stuffed with potatoes? hmmm... wierd.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I seen a fat **** instructor start a young girl off on her first PT session on a tri set of shoulder evercises. After the 3rd set she could barely lift her arms and looked like she was going to cry. Spoke to her later and that was her first time in a gym. He prob got that off YouTube

Reaction score
Look at the bright side:

The majority is illiterate on fitness. It does not take much to be top 20%.

Then there is this forum which are overachievers and are top 1%.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
24 hour fitness places don't sell fitness to most people, they sell hope. Hope that some day they'll be thin, or strong or whatever.

It's kind of sad that some of the people who go to those "trainers" as gurus of fitness is a testament to how little they believe in themselves and their ability to achieve. They would rather trust the advice of someone who wears a label than someone who looks the part. When they inevitably fail at achieving their goals, they can blame the trainer instead of being critical of themselves. The individuals who seek out the trainers unfit for the title aren't there for results, they're there to check a box that says "Well, at least I tried".

Last edited:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Chain gyms don't necessarily want members to show up let alone get fit. They want memberships (translated=$$). Planet Fatness is the epitome of this. And seriously, Gibs, what the fk do you know (being facetious). I had a nurse, typical mom body, argue with me that for her eating before bed makes her fat. Nobody seems to want to educate or do the work themselves. Witnesses the questions that get asked on this board even, that take less time to look up on the internet than they do to type them out in a thread.....

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
what i know is if these people are master trainers of physical fitness then I must be a god :32 (1):
(arrogant, fecetious and i keeeed)

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Few gym can be taken seriously and that includes most big chain gyms. Athletic trainer who represent the gym should be fit. It is inexcusable to expect one to hire someone who is not in the lifestyle.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Unfortunately you’re going to see more of this nonsense. With all the bullshit certs out there, there’s tons of dummies getting certified. As a person who makes my living off of training clients i feel its a damn shame. I care about my clients and the most important thing is getting them results. I train at a small private training studio where a all the trainers bring their own clients and just pay rent. But due to my schedule I’ll mostly work out at 24 or retro and just try to ignore all dumb shit I see these idiots making their clients do. I’d say its about a 10:1 ratio of shitty trainers to competent ones. The big box places are the worst and hire any one, private studios you’ll usually see the guys who know what they’re doing and actually look like they work out.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gibs walks into the gym with the ultimate warrior music in the background ...Most gyms are filled with old people and skinny fat guys...Go easy on them gibs

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I have gotten very proficient in drowning out the background noise, keeping to myself in my bubble, if you will, and i understand there will always be plentiful amounts of ****ery goin on.
What i don't understand whatsoever is how a gym can have so many overweight people employed. I'm not talking chubby, they are obese. Unhealthy. One so big she walks all fukked up cause her legs are so fat they push each other outwards. Wtf???
It ain't gonna ruin my workout, it just boggles my mind how this is so.

Reaction score
There’s only one real gym around me that I know of and it’s too far away to train at often. The guy/girl at the front desk is jacked as ****, Danny Padilla is a trainer there, and there are some real ****in monsters walking around. The motivation is endless.

My gym is a social club. The girl at the desk is really fat, the owner is fat, the trainers are fat. Most people are there socializing. It lacks any sort of motivation for me but it’s the closest one to me (still almost a half hour away).

Last edited:

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Gibs walks into the gym with the ultimate warrior music in the background ...Most gyms are filled with old people and skinny fat guys...Go easy on them gibs

lmao think you may have just recieved your very 1st non neg rep from me :32 (18):

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Chains would get sued if they only hired fit people. Also having unfit people at the counter makes unfit new members more comfortable. I dont care who is working the front counter or what the towel boy in the shower area looks like, I am there to workout.....

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Chains would get sued if they only hired fit people. I dont care who is working the front counter or what the towel boy in the shower area looks like, I am there to workout.....

really? you're telling me they cannot have requirements specific to the job title? like being fit and knowledgable? what a wacky world we live in.
i know there are some amazing top notch trainers that don't look great, but they know thier shit, or used to be extremely fit. these are kids working here, out of shape, fortnite playing hot cheeto eating 20 something year old out of shape know it alls that know nothing.
the 2 trainers that are legit are still very unimpressive looking but more or less fit compared to the average person and they handle thier clients well.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
It’s hard to find qualified people willing to work cheap enough. They just take what they can.

You really should find a privately owned gym and support the guys building proper gyms ;)