Sweet potato recipes

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Sweet potatoes have been nasty to me since a kid. i havnt eaten them in a long time and i know that they are very beneficial to us body builders, so i want to give them another try.

so if any of you out there are not the biggest fan of sweet potatoes but have a recipe that they happen to like please share. I dont just want to make them just any way and stay not liking them. i want to make sure i try them the best way i think i might like them.

I have found out that eating a bunch of carbs is the only way i seem to gain weight right now and im tired of eating 3 packs of ramen noodles a day mixed with whatever meat i happen to choose...getting to boring.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
nothing magical about sweet potatoes man. eat the carbs you find easiest to eat, the bulk of mine typically come from white rice, pineapple, rice chex, and maybe some rice krispy treats or poptarts :).

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
if you want to try to make them work, ill make mine into a dessert with dark chocolate or peanut butter and sweetener mixed with them, maybe some protein powder. if you want it more creamy add vanilla greek yogurt (extra carbs too) or even cream of rice.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
not a fan either and don't think there's a huge difference between them and regular potatoes but, if you have an air fryer that's a good option for making sweet potatoe fries ;)

Good idea never thought of that for some reason and my wife uses an air fryer I will be doing this for sure.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cinnamon, butter, brown sugar....

Or just peel the skin and eat them, i think they are great but so are regular potatoes and rice

Reactions: CJ

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
What Bobby loads showed in the pic.
You need loads of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, a dash of vanilla, then a topping. I use pecans or almonds, smashed up, and baked on high.
But that’s all terribly unhealthy.
On a serious note, try the Japanese yams at Trader Joe’s. They are lighter and sweeter than regular yams or sweet potatoes.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
in order to make the, "sweet potato" sweet.. You gotta add sugar.

I don't mind fries. But like brock. my carbs come from rice and cereal/cream of wheat.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
I’ve been eating one a day for the past week. Get an instant pot, thrown 3 In for 15 mins natural release for 10 minutes, and boom. Makes them taste great and peel easily. Add some brown sugar and butter, yummy.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Butter and pumpkin pie spice sprinkled on.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If you can find Japanese sweet potatoes, they are much sweeter. Flesh is more pale yellow than orange yellow.

Oven. 350. 60-75 minutes. Eat it whole. Pinch of salt on each bite. As Close to tasting like sweet potato pie as you can get without additional sugar and fat.

We grow our own. They are amazing.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I microwave sweet potatoes & sprinkle the top w cinnamon!
Thts good enough for me!
Other than that I get my carbs from oatmeal & alot of veggies mixed w rice, brown Jasmine!

Chump16

Reaction score
sweet potatoes .... lov'em

dice a sweet potato, dice an onion ..... olive oil, salt, paprika ... mix it up 15 minutes at 425

awesome with everything

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
If you can find Japanese sweet potatoes, they are much sweeter. Flesh is more pale yellow than orange yellow.

Oven. 350. 60-75 minutes. Eat it whole. Pinch of salt on each bite. As Close to tasting like sweet potato pie as you can get without additional sugar and fat.

We grow our own. They are amazing.
thats what i said haha;)

Reactions: Jin

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I microwave sweet potatoes & sprinkle the top w cinnamon!
Thts good enough for me!
Other than that I get my carbs from oatmeal & alot of veggies mixed w rice, brown Jasmine!

Yucckkkk, they taste like SHIT in the microwave!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont know how u can not like them.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sweet potato+almond butter+cinnamon+maple syrup is an absurdly delicious (but very calorie dense) snack.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
in order to make the, "sweet potato" sweet.. You gotta add sugar.

I don't mind fries. But like brock. my carbs come from rice and cereal/cream of wheat.

cereal/ cream of wheat....how much iron u eating? ive known people who have thick blood and found out it came from eating cereal and or cream of wheat due to the iron in those...

New Threads