F*@$ Just sprained my wrist, suggestions?

Miamiking

Reaction score
Sprained my wrist which I NEED for work much less working out, any suggestions besides just ice that you guys have for treatment the day of and after a sprain? ANy remedies to heal it quicker?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
NSAIDs
rest
ice
Compression (ace bandage)

Unlikely you’ll be able to use it the first couple days without significant discomfort (if you can use it at all).

Miamiking

Reaction score
NSAIDs
rest
ice
Compression (ace bandage)

Unlikely you’ll be able to use it the first couple days without significant discomfort (if you can use it at all).

Did all of the above after I read your post last night, and slept with it wrapped in Ace bandage and it feels better than it did yesterday, so the NSAIDs , ICE and bandage + sleep seem to have did the trick. Hopefully another two nights of sleep should heal it enough so I can work this Thu. Do I need to keep it wrapped in Ace bandage all day or just when I am sleeping?

Reactions: Jin

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keep it wrapped as much as possible.

Play the long game. Work extra lower body for a few weeks. You can probably squat with a yoke bar if you have one.

Let injuries heal. The gym will still be there. Otherwise you'll be like me - 40 with a laundry list of old nagging injuries that affect everything from everyday life to training at the gym.

Reactions: CJ

Miamiking

Reaction score

Play the long game. Work extra lower body for a few weeks. You can probably squat with a yoke bar if you have one.

Let injuries heal. The gym will still be there. Otherwise you'll be like me - 40 with a laundry list of old nagging injuries that affect everything from everyday life to training at the gym.

THanks, I know exactly what you mean, I had a shoulder injury that I did not let heal long enough and shoulder just gave out while doing a regular pushup, which ended up putting me out for months. Wrapping back up now as we speak.

lfod14

Reaction score

Another 40yo to be added to that list! It's normal to cross one leg to put your shoe on but then use your hands to lift up the other one right?

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Look at it as a chance to really improve your legs. You should be able to still do smith machine squats, some machine squats like hack squats, possible some leg presses (horizontal in my mind seem easier then 45 degree). Play around and see what you can do. I’d also still train the arm on the non broken side at the very least just to keep in a good routine as people tend to eat better when they are still training and good nutrition will help us heal quicker.

beyond that it sucks but it’s a waiting game. Just be diligent about the treatment plan the doctors give you.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Stop jacking off so rigorously and switch hands for the time being.

Rider

Elite
Reaction score

This is great advice.

Ice for the first 48-72 hours, then heat therapy. Also like it was mentioned rest it and if possible switch hands.

New Threads