Dorian Yates at 23

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Hes on gear for sure. I know a guy with god genetics (he won an ifbb show 100% natural) and he looked not even close to this

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good friend of mine won an NPC show in his weight class natty. This was years ago, but he was 5-7 165lbs on stage. He actually looked big on stage at that weight. And the dude was peeled.

Big Mikey

Reaction score
Here's an article by, More Plates More Dates about Yates first contest & his first cycle. It was in 1985, when Yates was 23.

Big Mikey

Reaction score
Sorry, It won't come up. To summarize the article, yes, Yates is on gear in the posted photo.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am not really sure why it matters if Dorian used or not. Most of us have used yet not a single one of us looks like that.

But since we seem to be zeroing in on who uses and who doesn’t here is another user. My point being the difference is genetics, mindset, and work ethic; not if someone was on or not.

A42CC75A-FA3F-470C-BBC5-C296B26E2491.jpeg

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
all great points and discussion!

College, I think back what could have been if I actually ate real food, ever! I ate stimulants, something fried, and Organic Chemistry textbooks..while sleeping 5hr/night max. LOL (still could have won a college bbing show tho).. just goes to show you how important youth is in this game:.( im crying

Sooooo many FAKE natty guys Idk who to believe, I wish there were some real studies with real training etc. I see certain muscle size + quad feathering.. and you know AAS IMO

Gonna watch me BnG now..thanks!
-M3

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
Sorry, It won't come up. To summarize the article, yes, Yates is on gear in the posted photo.

hey bud, can you copy paste it or PM me? here at least, could you simply state the supposed cycle.. thx bro

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Good friend of mine won an NPC show in his weight class natty. This was years ago, but he was 5-7 165lbs on stage. He actually looked big on stage at that weight. And the dude was peeled.
See, that's the realistic ballpark for elite naturals. I by no means fit into that category but at my contest peak, at 5'6, I was 154lbs when I was measured at 7%bf via dexa. Brian Whitacre, an elite natty who a lot of my clients used to look up to, comes out at 5'9 165lbs at his peak. All of us look a lot bigger on stage because of the level of shred, but guaranteed we all felt like shit too. Going that low naturally ****ing sucks. Props to your buddy for doing it.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always felt great at a low bf%

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
who really gives a fuk about whether or not someone is natural or not imo

if it looks good it looks good regardless of what it took or didnt take to get there

only logical reason that I can think of for anyone to off and prove either way

is a failed attempt to discredit & or belittle

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Even if hes not natty, he says this is after a yr and a half of training. If he was on it wasnt for long. Phuck I've been training for nearly 20 yrs and been on and off for over 10 and wouldnt look that good at that low of bf.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I am not really sure why it matters if Dorian used or not. Most of us have used yet not a single one of us looks like that.

But since we seem to be zeroing in on who uses and who doesn’t here is another user. My point being the difference is genetics, mindset, and work ethic; not if someone was on or not.

View attachment 11365

User of what?,,, crispy creme? lol

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Greatest bodybuilder of all time. And still most people refuse to try his protocal as the best muscle building program ever invented

what was the protocol? and which book was it in?

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what was the protocol? and which book was it in?

Believe his book was called blood and guts. I used to train Yates style, except I always squatted. Dorian didn't squat.

Basically it's minimal volume but intense as ****. Say your benching - you'll work up to a 6 rep max. The work up to a 6-8 rep max for incline. A real max too. It's Dorian's take on Mike Mentzer. I just spit that off my head and didn't look it up. I haven't trained yates style in 15-20 years, but that is the gist of it.

It's a program that can get great results, but also open you up to big injuries.

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score

Thanks BM! summary...at 23yo

1st cycle: 20mg Dbol ed x 6wk (he gained 20lbs and says it was the 'most dramatic results' he ever got from aas!) from 215-235lbs
-------6wks off-------
2nd cycle 15mg Var ed/200mgPrimo ew x 8wks precontest (weighed 210-215lbs at 5'11 he stated)

Note: Me,16yo, no computer yet, 1st&2nd so similar, switch dbol for 2mgWinstrols @14mg x 4wks (noticed erection issues?crazy kid! both ended early and badly:/)

MPMD discusses his elite genetics sans his poor biceps.

ps. Blood n Guts would be even better If he had played the GunsNroses and Pearl Jam even louder, but we might miss "COME ON YATES< LETS GET NASTYYY" lol great!

Reaction score
This is apparently his first contest, after six months training. Legs a little light, but most people you see in the gym who have trained for years don't look as good as this.

Attachments

• Temple-Gym-Natural-Contest-1984.jpg
    Temple-Gym-Natural-Contest-1984.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 5