Perspective

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had mentioned this in chat the other day. A guy that I grew up with decided to hang himself and end his life on Monday. This is a guy that I was friendly with and we hung out in the same circle of friends at times. This was a man who seemed to have his shit together. He was a police officer, married and the father of two (girl 14 and boy 9). He made over $100k/year. He had been out of work since march of this year after having an MVA while on duty. Rumor has it that his Captain wanted to discipline him for the accident. I'm not sure if he was dealing with anything else.

I'm in a bit of shock and actually pissed off that this guy could put his wonderful family thru this. How could he leave his children to deal with something like this for the rest of their lives?

There is no need to feel sorry for my loss. However, maybe just reflect on your life and family and tell those that are important to you how much they mean to you.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Df just because a man has a job doesn't mean they are mentally stable. He was likely ill already and his perception of reality was not accurate.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He had to be ill to go to this extreme. It's just so shocking b/c I have know him since 5th grade all thru high school. I went to his wedding ect.... I'm sure I'll find out more as time goes on.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Crazy man , I know his kids r devastated

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a friens that has tried this several times....only to have her parents rush her to the hospital. she takes pills and gets her stomache pumped afterwords. ive tried to show her how great life is. she is atractive and will be misses when she finally does it.

I couldn't get through....she has professional help now.
she just got out of the ER two days ago...it doesnt phase me anymore. its been 4 times

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
brother from what ive learned over the years,its the ones you least expect to do something like this,and the ones that don't give anyone signs at all or talk about it at all

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
brother from what ive learned over the years,its the ones you least expect to do something like this,and the ones that don't give anyone signs at all or talk about it at all

exactly. my first boss ever shot himself in the head in his bedroom. 2 young kids, beautiful wife, house etc. At work he was his usual self laughing, cracking jokes. Next day he was gone. Apparently financial troubles made him do it... F*cked up world. May they Rest In Peace.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's a screwed up situation for sure. I have no idea how this family is financially.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't be too hard on your buddy. I know he left behind a family and that is awful, but depression and mental illness can be excruciating to deal with. My brother was diagnosed bi-polar in his early twenties and ended up dying of a mophine overdose at 30. Watching how hard depression made life for him was tough. It seems like they may have took the easy way out, but you never really know what's actually going on in someone elses mind. I'm not trying to tell you how to feel, just sharing an experience with mental illness. Hopefully his family and friends are able to find some peace in this horrible situation. All the best.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never understead how anyone could be upset enough about anything to do something like that. that's awful.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the lose and I'm sorry for his family. No disrespect; imo, doing that to his children is unforgivable

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never understead how anyone could be upset enough about anything to do something like that. that's awful.

Same here Heavy. I've been thru some rough stuff ( as has everyone ) mostly with the ex, but never would I consider this option & leaving my daughter.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well,i don't tell a lot about my personal life,but ive been seeing a shrink for 17 years,and theres been several times ive thought about it,but only once planned it out,its a tough deal to go through

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well,i don't tell a lot about my personal life,but ive been seeing a shrink for 17 years,and theres been several times ive thought about it,but only once planned it out,its a tough deal to go through

I'm glad you're still around Big Man!

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Horrible story! I feel bad for those kids!

I have to ask, what is an MVA?

New Threads