Covid with children

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
No school in MA until at least May 4th.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve got a 7 year old an 11 year old and e-learning is hard. My wife is home too teaching her 2nd graders through webex and meetings. After the school work is done, which takes absolutely all day, they get some time to play with legos or PlayStation. My daughter likes art so she has been drawing with chalk at the end of the driveway for the neighbors to see. We are finding fun stuff to do each day. We did a nature walk around our neighborhood and the kids drew the flowers and trees.

Reactions: CJ

German89

Elite
Reaction score
So. I had a ****ed off day.. We didn't accomplish anything and I feel guilty but.. It's okay. Tomorrow we start fresh. I've finally caught up with reorganizing.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I forgot to mention.

Got the mass email about school being out til after easter.. My mother thinks til may. maybe til aug. i'm doomed

German89

Elite
Reaction score
This is the ultimate test of your parenting.

We had a good, active day.

Now he wants me to hang a spider, to scare my mum and sister. Fine. Cool... We get on it.. Shows me where he wants it.. I asked if it was the right length. Everything is perfect but now. He has to climb up and "SHOW ME". I said, "Kid, if you want me to do this, I am not climbing back up here. So, if I come down, I am down and DONE"

"Let me show you mum"

"Fine, I am DONE".

He climbs up, shows me everything I already did. and his tone was getting rather demanding. He then commands I do it.

"NO. I said I was DONE. When I said I was getting down that I was Done".

He walks off, throws his prank...

... You know what, fukk you and your fukkin prank. Your attitude sucks.

Lovely. Lovely. Everything is LOVELY! :)

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Kids are tough. If you lose your sense of humor and go “us” vs “them” you’re in for a rough ride.

I struggle everyday to maintain a positive attitude.

Lets do our best.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You reading him books, , doing crafts, taking him on your workout, reading, trying to play catch lol.....he’s is going to look back on these days when he’s older and remember them as some of his favorite Mom times.

Reactions: CJ

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Kids are tough. If you lose your sense of humor and go “us” vs “them” you’re in for a rough ride.

I struggle everyday to maintain a positive attitude.

Lets do our best.

It wasn't a him vs. i moment.

it was his attitude/commanding that i wouldn't tolerate.

he had a solid hour tantrum. breathing like a little bull, throwing a few things. I spanked him.

I said to him his actions/attitude I will not tolerate. I do not like the behaviour. That is why you got a spank. When you are ready you may apologize and maybe I'll accept it. Let me know how you feel after my shower. If you still want pineapple, it's in the bowl on the counter.

After my shower, he said the pineapple helped him feel better, if he could have more. Gave him more. Then he said he was ready, he apologized, I accepted. Then I hung his prank up.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
What is going to happen with sesame street!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I've joined the google classroom my sons teacher made.. She posted this. Figured I'd share

Probably end up doing that today since it'll probably be a rainy day.

Reactions: Jin

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Supposed to rain here all week. My boys have at least been able to go outside in the yard and play catch and shit. Yesterday they were getting so crazy I made them go out and do their daily challenge in the pouring rain. Oldest 2 are 12 and 9. Daily challenge is 25 jumping jacks, 20 push ups, 60 second plank and run the loop around my neighborhood (little over 1/2 mile). We been keeping their time and they try to beat it.

Chump16

Reaction score
Here in North Carolina we are out of school until at least May 15th and any type of on-line instruction doesn't start until April 13th

I've got a third grader

Trying to do things in small chunks, but we have been using ixl.com and Kahn Academy to supplement the academic part

bike riding, some work in the garden, trying to keep thins fun

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Today was my official go at some online tasks that the teacher put up.

Simple. Easy. Effective.

We did a math activity. Next will be POWER WORDS.

He can do yoga today (crappy day to play outside) Then we have 2 laps to accomplish. Someone over watered his garden so. he won't need to tend to his garden. Try and get some reading in today too.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Kids started online schooling yesterday. I was not there to observe but sounded like it was a pain in the ass....hopefully it goes smoother today! This online is insane they started at 0900 and finished at 1700. The fuk, thats more work than when they actually go to class.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Kids started online schooling yesterday. I was not there to observe but sounded like it was a pain in the ass....hopefully it goes smoother today! This online is insane they started at 0900 and finished at 1700. The fuk, thats more work than when they actually go to class.

I'm assuming that's the time frame to give them to take.. Obviously the kid can't sit there that long with out a break, food, bathroom, etc. whatever kids need a break to do whatever they do.

We did 2 things, and arts... Kinda new to this so we will ease into it.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Okay. I'm in a bit of a dilemma..

I was speaking to a coworker she was telling me she does oh canada, and prayer in the morning. I thought great idea. I should do the same.. I asked my sons teacher if she could help with the morning prayers... I'm not religious but, its what they did in school.. so. i'll keep the routine.

Anyway.. As I am looking for, "Oh Canada"... It dawned on me, he is american too... So, do we sing both? and pledge of allegiance as well? Or am I going over board?

Do I put up a canadian and american flag?

Chump16

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat German. My boy is American and Canadian. But we live in America ..... so, its Star Spangled Banner and Pledge. He has great interest in Canada as we visit every summer, so we study the things he's interested in about it

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat German. My boy is American and Canadian. But we live in America ..... so, its Star Spangled Banner and Pledge. He has great interest in Canada as we visit every summer, so we study the things he's interested in about it

Like... maple syrup and hockey ;)

Chump16

Reaction score
the boy loves him some Timbits! :)

New Threads