Easy Cardio

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
I switched it up this week to add in some easy cardio. My sessions consist of Cardiovascular Low Intensity Training (CLIT). I am just burning some calories and keeping my heartrate around 135-145. This is usually done with some walking on treadmill at 3.5mph with 12 incline. Does anyone have experience with this? I was running and pushing myself harder and the heartrate was average 172 and was very tired after. However, with the CLIT, I don't even feel tired at all and I'm concerned that I am wasting my time.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
walk for two hours
This week I have been doing 50mins morning and 50 mins at night. My Polar and the treadmill seem to be similar and think I'm burning over 600 per session. I find that very hard to believe and that is my concern. The scale is still going down though.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This week I have been doing 50mins morning and 50 mins at night. My Polar and the treadmill seem to be similar and think I'm burning over 600 per session. I find that very hard to believe and that is my concern. The scale is still going down though.
walking is very good cardio..alot of people don't know that..You just have to do it daily and its good to aplit it up in two a days

Last edited:

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
walking outside will always burn more then indoor equipment .Dont forget uphill's and its a rougher walk

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Clit for cardio. 🤗

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
If you make shirts that say CLIT(cardiovascular low intensity training)
I’ll buy one

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I do it a lot. 15 elevation from 3-4 mph. You can get very good cardio without fucking your body all up.

Reaction score
I switched it up this week to add in some easy cardio. My sessions consist of Cardiovascular Low Intensity Training (CLIT). I am just burning some calories and keeping my heartrate around 135-145. This is usually done with some walking on treadmill at 3.5mph with 12 incline. Does anyone have experience with this? I was running and pushing myself harder and the heartrate was average 172 and was very tired after. However, with the CLIT, I don't even feel tired at all and I'm concerned that I am wasting my time.
I also enjoy a good clit training session. Although I think I may be using that term differently from you 🤔😅

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I love clit. AM clit, PM clit, fasted clit, unfasted clit, big clit, little clit, and twice on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't know any body doesn't like clit. Clit for all my men, and double for my Bro Bundy.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
If you make shirts that say CLIT(cardiovascular low intensity training)
I’ll buy one
I might actually do that. The kids and I were going to make some t-shirts this summer.

Reaction score
Daily walking is one of the most well-studied and cited forms of exercise. Definitely NOT a waste of time from both the health/longevity and weight loss perspectives. I agree though - 600 cals does seem on the steep side. Depending on you weight, I'd probably put it closer to 400/ses imo.

Reactions: Dex

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How many cals do y'all think I could burn licking CLIT for an hour?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Daily walking is one of the most well-studied and cited forms of exercise. Definitely NOT a waste of time from both the health/longevity and weight loss perspectives. I agree though - 600 cals does seem on the steep side. Depending on you weight, I'd probably put it closer to 400/ses imo.
And don't use the Cals burned as a reason to eat that much more food. Say you did burn 400 Cals in an hour of walking. You would've burned close to 200 in that hour anyway if you were just go about your day instead of walking, so the NET extra Cals burned in this example would only be 200.

I see many people make this mistake

Reactions: Dex

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
And don't use the Cals burned as a reason to eat that much more food. Say you did burn 400 Cals in an hour of walking. You would've burned close to 200 in that hour anyway if you were just go about your day instead of walking, so the NET extra Cals burned in this example would only be 200.

I see many people make this mistake
I have to adjust mine a bit. I have been subtraction the BMR for the exercise but I guess I should do TDEE. There isn't much of a difference in my case though since I am sedentary unless working out. BMR hourly about 75 and TDEE about 90. My Polar actually said just over 700 and I put in 625. It seems high for sure.